Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:24:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690674
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Beauty in CC  (Read 798 times)

Offline Chrononaut

• Lurker
Beauty in CC
« on: March 28, 2018, 07:51:08 AM »

I am not quite sure how the Beauty spell is supposed to work in cose combat. With shooting it seems clear: Model A has beauty. Model B tries tos hoot moel A, fails its Will roll an thus cannot target it and decides to shoot model C instead.

Now for close combat: odel has cast beauty. Model B moves up to model A and tries to attack model A in close combat, but fails its will roll and therefore cannot attack. Can model B take back its move and more somewhere else? Can it only switch targets if it is in b2b with a third model? Is model A tied in close combat even though model B did ot manage to attack it, or can it just walk away? If mdoel A wants to walk away does it have to fight model B, thus riskig being injured in return if rolls go badly?

I'm quite confused about this one and would appreciate some help

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Beauty in CC
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:15:45 AM »
The only thing the spell does is make it so you can not use that action to fight Model A. Every other rule stays the same, including being locked in combat and ending combats by winning and pusing.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 08:52:52 AM »
I would suggest that model B makes the will roll before moving into contact with model A and initiating combat.

Offline Murawski1812

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »
I am a cynic.... I would allow the model to move up.. allowed by the spell.... then make the roll.... if failed, they are in combat, but cannot strike because as they get close they realize how beautiful their opponent is.. (the magic takes effect)..... otherwise, it is a FREE do over..... and that is unfair and not in the spirit of the game....

"I am going to move up and attack your model...." (makes roll).... "oh, never mid.... do over.. I am going to shoot him instead....."..... oh, never mind... I'll just shoot or attack this other guy....

Allowing them to change their course of action I feel lessens the true effect of this spell....  if you roll for the attack.... and thus the spell, your action should be lost if you fail it.... even for shooting... You go to shoot, make your roll..... (fail).... not only do you NOT shoot, you spend the action admiring your would be foe.... perhaps, maybe... you can ask them out on a date?

Just my 2 cents.....  I don't think it is too harsh.. the free do over just doesn't sit well with me... once committed.... you are, well.. committed.... you move up, roll to see if you can attack and if you fail.. you lose your action and are now in melee....