Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: VSF Cold Steel Guards  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
VSF Cold Steel Guards
« on: March 28, 2018, 07:59:08 PM »
Clockwork soldiers and engineer officer. The automata are from the late great Parroom Station and the Officer is from Brigade Games' Steampunk British Characters Pack. The green bot was my 1st attempt to paint them, 8 or 9 years ago. The red bots and officer were finished this week. I've been throwing paint at them for a month, feels good to be done with them. They are lovely sculpts loads of detail. The officer has been seconded from a Scottish regiment for his affinity for clockwork.

Offline VSF Gamer

• Scientist
Re: VSF Cold Steel Guards
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:33:00 PM »
Well done sir!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
Well done sir!

That makes TWO approvals from Nebraska.  ;D

Do have to say, tis a bit bittersweet for the paucity of Parroom Station floating about.

How are you adapting to the 'new' forum? I always enjoy seeing your posts!

Doug

Offline Captain Darling

• Mad Scientist
    • Captain Darlings Miniatures Emporium
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 02:19:31 AM »
Nice paint job, well done.

When ever I picture clockwork figures in my mind I see a key sticking out of their backs  :)
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au
https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com.au

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 01:08:11 PM »
Many thanks to VSF Gamer, The Beast and Captain Darling for the kind words. Yes Beast the loss of Parroom Station was a heavy blow, fortunately I have a bit of their work, both the classic and the Secret Science that was released just before the end. The pic is of my last Automaton to be painted. It's a composite of me 8 years ago and last week. I started the Black Clockwork at the same time as the green one. I had painted the green one to the point of ultimate frustration and all work on the clockwork soldiers ceased for 8 years. The other fig is a 28mm Gen. Gordon from Black Pyramid Gaming, he's there for scale.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »
Group photo of my British VSF infantry to date. On the far left is Mr. Hyde. for gaming purposes he's a light armored vehicle, originally a  GW Ogryn.  Next on the left are the Black Smoke Grenadiers, They have elaborate breathing apparatus and the 2 officers have gatling carbines, they're from Brigade Games. Center back are Aerial Dragoons from Eureka. Center front are the Parroom Station Clockwork Soldiers and the Brigade Games officer( Cold Steel Guards). On the right are the Queen's X, troops with VSF weapons from Black Pyramid Gaming. Finally on the far left, Major Saxon, a modified GW Cadian trooper.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »
...On the far left is Mr. Hyde. for gaming purposes he's a light armored vehicle, originally a  GW Ogryn. 

Brilliant! I can just imagine in GASLIGHT; have to roll 'sustain' just to keep him moving. Actually, kind of fits his 'wild' behaviour...

[Edit] Actually thinking about this, you could have him roll on a list of random events if he 'breaks down'. You'd have to produce 'from whole cloth' for GASLIGHT, but I think I've heard of similar setups in Pulp Alley. Have to see if one of the lads have any books...

Center back are Aerial Dragoons from Eureka.

I've some similar plastic wings off of VSFGamer, but my heart was always set on some Hanovarian lufttruppen(?)  painted up from GW Birdmen of Catrazza. *sigh*

Throw in my High Martian flyers-on-stands, and we could have a right cluster!  lol

Doug
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:55:20 PM by The_Beast »

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 02:44:18 PM »
Well done! THANKS for sharing.  :D