Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Enemy Cover and Shooting Into Combat (2nd ed)...And other Noob questions  (Read 1594 times)

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
I'm a little confused. The skill Enemy Cover allows a model who is in a close combat to not be included when randomized target is determined from a shot being made into the close combat.

Where does it actually state rules for shooting into combat?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:21:42 AM by necromorph »

Offline cutp

• Scientist
Re: Enemy Cover and Shooting Into Combat (2nd ed)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »
think skill "enemy cover" (p.102) implies that the character cannot be targeted and instead someone/thing in close combat with the character may be hit instead and that if there are 2+ close combat opponents the shot is randomized

special weapon rules for "arc" (p.110) mentions randomizing but not directly as it relates to your question

leng spider (p.47) also mentions randomizing shots

same for byakhee (p.53)

:)

Offline OldGuy59

• Assistant
Re: Enemy Cover and Shooting Into Combat (2nd ed)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 02:45:00 AM »
I've read through the rule book a few times, and can't find it.  IMHO they missed this, probably because it is a 'standard' miniatures rule.  As indicated above, there are skills that allude to it, but if it is in the rules, it didn't jump out at me.

However, in the SA FAQ, it is clearly explained: Strange Aeons FAQ

Scroll down to "Combat", and after the examples for Question 1, you'll find your 'rule' in the question about shooting into Close Combat.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:49:48 AM by OldGuy59 »
We're all crazy.  It's only a matter of degree.

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
Cool thanks folks
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:27:08 AM by necromorph »