Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Sellswords] Battle Report: Greenskin Hunters  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
[Sellswords] Battle Report: Greenskin Hunters
« on: March 30, 2018, 09:19:20 PM »
Today I played the second scenario of my Solo campaign of "Sellswords & Spellslingers". The basic scenario was from the rulebook: Orcs and slippery stones pg44.

Orcs and Goblins harass a nearby village of the fortified town of Lakoras.
Amron decide to help the villagers, but only because they offered a reward for each greenskin killed.

Background:
The purse of Amron was rather poor, just some few silver pieces were not enough to buy the scroll he wanted from the wizards' guild of Lakoras. He needed to gain more money and the villagers offered to him a fair reward for each greenskin head he could take to them.
Amron: "Well, it's time to work, my friends... Clean up the area from the greenskin scum!"
The Twins looked with an offense expression, then Amron smiled under his helmet and said:
"With the obvious exception of my friends, the Twins, of course... You are not scum." 😏

Overview of the board with foes and pcs deployed.

Border Princes map (red star indicate the place where the scenario is played, zoom the picture)

CABAL of GRACIALE (65xp)

AMRON MALIOCCO GRACIALE "the Bringer of Hope"  20xp
Traits: Spellcaster (20xp), Fireball (5xp)
Negative Traits: Greedy (-5xp)
Silver pieces: 25

Amron is the bastard son of the rich merchant and explorer Dante Graciale of Tobaro. He is an half elf. His father never said much about Amron's elf mother. He simply told him that his mother chose his name before abandoning him and that she was a witch. Being an half elf and the result of an illicit relationship, Amron could not be officially recognized by the Graciale family, however his father grew him as his son and he could enjoy a comfortable life. When he was an adult, he finds out to have the spellcaster gift and his father paid a magician to teach him. Dissatisfied with the limiting lessons of his teacher, he decided to begin a journey in the Border Princes, where he could test is magic skills and learn magic faster.

DAETHSKAR "the Dark Knight" 35xp
Traits: Armor lvl2 (12xp), Fighter: Axe lvl3 (15xp), Shield lvl2 (8xp)
Negative Trait: Burly
Silver Pieces: 23

Daethskar is an animated armor, created by Amron during one of his magic experiments.
He is the loyal body guard of Amron. He follows and protects his master wherever he goes.

The TWINS 10xp
Traits: Armor lvl1 (6xp), Danger Sense (4xp)

The Twins is/are just a goblin mutant mercenary hired by Amron.

A goblin try an ambush on Daethskar, but he is quickly killed by the dark knight.
Amron: "Nicely done, Daethskar, the first kill of the day is yours." 😉

Amron cast two Fireball spells, one orc brute is gone and the other is wounded with just one hit point.
Amron: "Another greenskin is gone... Too easy." 😏

Amron finish the wounded orc brute with his fireball and the Twins move to rob the body.
The Twins: "Dead Orc rich, many coins for us!"
Amron: "The Twins, you are a really little petty thieves..." 😒

Amron cast another fireball and two goblins are killed. He rob the orc brute and gain a potion of defness.
Amron: "That's why I like to be a wizard. It's so easy to defeat this rabble with ranged spells." 😁

More goblins arrive to join the fight in the southern edge of the board. Meanwhile another goblin is hit by the fireball of Amron.
Amron: "Uh-oh... we have company..."

a goblin charge the twins, but he is defeated.
The Twins: "More coins for us!" 😋

Another horde of minions arrive to join the fight and move towards the PCs.

with a deadly fireball, amron kill all the horde of goblins.
Amron: "That's was a really nice shot!" 😈

Amron kill another greenskin with his fireball, while the twins and Daethskar rob the fallens.
Amron: "That's unfair, I'm doing all the work, while you take all the loot!" 😣

Amron finish the last goblins, the area is now free from greenskin.
Amron: "Fine! Do you see how my spells can be decisive ... when they finally work properly?" 😊

The PCs gain a reward of 4xp, 15 goblins and 2 orcs were killed then the group receives a reward of 190 Silver Pieces from the thankful villagers (10sp for each goblin, 20 for each orc) plus 4 cheap weapons, two battle axes and some more silver pieces from the robbed corpses. The potion of defness is sold. Amron buy a scroll of heal.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:11:37 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: [Sellswords] Battle Report: Greenskin Hunters
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 03:08:47 AM »
Another fine installment of S&S.

Easter, visit from London and South Jutland, and my kids home all week has kept me from getting my first game on, but I expect to finally get to roll some dice coming Tuesday or Wednesday.

Were you above average lucky with the spell rolls this time?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:30:29 AM »
Another fine installment of S&S.

Easter, visit from London and South Jutland, and my kids home all week has kept me from getting my first game on, but I expect to finally get to roll some dice coming Tuesday or Wednesday.

Were you above average lucky with the spell rolls this time?

I was lucky with the fireball spell, in the first scenario I could cast only one spell, than I roll a 1 and could not use it anymore in the game.
The Fireball spell could be devastating with hordes and single foes with more than 1 hit point. If I had not that spell it could be really harder to fight and kill all those greenskin.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 09:14:35 PM »
I was lucky with the fireball spell, in the first scenario I could cast only one spell, than I roll a 1 and could not use it anymore in the game.
The Fireball spell could be devastating with hordes and single foes with more than 1 hit point. If I had not that spell it could be really harder to fight and kill all those greenskin.

Yeah, I reckoned I'd better take the Fireball for my wizard as well - just like in D&D, the mage first and foremost fills the rôle as mobile artillery  ;)

I have been printing cards for the game today, and of course I found that I need a restock of lamination sleeves. Didn't have a car home, and both Sunday and Monday are Easter holidays here, so I cannot get any until Tuesday. Well. I'll just have to wait with my first game...

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 09:26:49 PM »
I played that scenario this afternoon and was pretty lucky all the way around. Plenty of extra monsters showed up but far enough away that I could avoid the nasty ones. I'm using a fighter with armor and shield, a ranger type with a bow and fireball casting wizard. My wizard knocked out 10 goblins on his own before rolling a one and losing the spell. After that he ran as fast as he could away from the fray.
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 09:48:05 PM »
This was a "basic" scenario, then it should be (usually) easy to play.
With Expert or Heroic scenarios will be much harder, but for now I will play basic scenarios, my PCs have only 69xp (and 4xp are still unspent). The rules suggest to play with expert scenario from 101xp and Heroic scenario from 151xp (with abudant scrolls and potions).