Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689611
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Agis' Star Wars minis  (Read 114640 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Agis' Star Wars Legion minis - Clone Force 99
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2020, 05:54:57 PM »
“The cavalry has arrived!” - Clone Force 99, the bad batch is in my hands. I received the incredible good minis from Skull forge and started ASAP painting. Hunter and Wrecker are finished.

Clone Force 99, informally known as the Bad Batch, was a clone commando squad led by Captain Rex during the Clone Wars. The squad was formed from four Clone Troopers who were born with "desirable" genetic mutations that set them apart physically and mentally from their standard counterparts. These mutations were enhanced to make them into superior soldiers on the battlefield.
The commando unit was named after 99, a malformed maintenance clone in honor for his bravery and sacrifice in the defense of Kamino from a Separatist invasion.
The motley crew that makes up Clone Force 99 boasts an astounding 100 percent success rate and skills unseen in any other clone troopers. Adept at working together, Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, and Crosshair use their unique talents and specialized physiology to execute extraordinary solutions on the battlefield.

I liked CF 99 immediately, so I had to get the excellent after market minis. I even created some Zombicide Invader cards (they are in 150 dpi, so just save and print them if you like) to use them against some aliens from a Confederacy research station... Use the starting eqipment from the Zombicide - Dark Side box!

More background and pics are, as always on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/clone_wars1.html
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2020, 08:32:15 AM »

The full squad!

Tech and Crosshair

Tech
He may not look like a typical clone, but Tech is a valuable soldier in the Republic army. The result of genetic manipulation like the rest of his special unit, Clone Force 99 (or the Bad Batch), Tech's aptitude for science and technology are unmatched by man or machine.

Crosshair
When you have to hit a precise target from 10 klicks, Crosshair's your man.
Cold, quick, and calculating, Crosshair is the kind of no-nonsense warrior who detests working with "regs"; or normal clones, and isn't afraid to mouth off about it.
A member of the special unit Clone Force 99, also called the Bad Batch, Crosshair is gifted with a sniper blaster.

I am very happy with the squad, I expect some nice Zombicide Invader games with them!

more, as always -> http://www.adpublishing.de/html/clone_wars1.html
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:41:57 AM by Agis »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2020, 08:48:19 AM »
And another mini also sneaked in my painting queue - a nice SWTOR Sith Trooper! I parked a pic of him in my Legion section. As soon as I got more I will create a suitable subsection.
I liked SWTOR and also the look of the Sith military, so when I found a freelance sculptor who was creating STL files for SWTOR infantry minis I could not resist and got me some. Below is my 1st test mini.

More background and pics are, as always on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/clone_wars1.html
Mini from - https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models?author=studiodr

Offline Supercollider

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2020, 05:15:33 AM »
Love those Bad Batch minis - going to have to make a squad myself. Great gaming potential!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Agis' Star Wars Legion minis - Captain Rex
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2020, 11:34:40 AM »
Clone Captain Rex
Clone Captain Rex viewed military service as an honor, and his loyalty to the Republic and his Jedi Generals was absolute. Rex honed the use of twin blaster pistols into an art form, leading his fellow clones to victory on countless battlefields across the galaxy.

I really like the Rex expansion, 3 head options and his typical 2 blaster pistol pose. As with CF-99 I could not resist and created a Zombicide Invader card for him.

And a group shot with CF-99 and his friend and Jedi Leader Ashoka Tano. Ashoka is from Imperial Assault. The mini is slightly smaller in scale but fits IMO OK, since she is supposed to be a bit shorter than the clones.

more as ever on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/clone_wars1.html

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »
Compliments on your continually great work! I agree about Ashoka and the scale difference, I think it works a treat.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2020, 12:27:16 AM »
Ashoka is sized perfectly.  Great job as always, Agis!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Agis' Star Wars Legion minis - B2s and Dooku
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2020, 10:43:53 AM »

Count Dooku
"The best of all would be the strongest student, yes? Wisest? Most learned in the ways of the Force? Best of all, Dooku would be! Our greatest student! Our greatest failure."
―Yoda
A nice miniature, true to the Legion style of bigger than realistic feet, hands and head. The mini is even bigger than the B2 droids, but according to starwars.fandom.com this should be OK, since the good Count (Christopher Lee) was 1,93m.

"With these new battle droids we built for you, you'll have the finest army in the galaxy."
―Foreman Wat Tambor, to Count Dooku

Incredible good minis again, very true to Episode 2 and 3. Again super crisp plastic and an absolute joy to build and paint. Since I always liked the retro art-deco look of the B2 I painted not only one but two squads of these beauties!

more on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/clone_wars1.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:50:47 AM by Agis »

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2020, 12:04:07 PM »
Beautiful brushwork.  I hope mine look as good when I paint them!

I’ve just picked up the new B2 Droids for Star Wars Legion.  I love what FFG are putting out.

I’m trying to get at least one of everything  :D
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2020, 04:18:26 PM »

While clone troopers were best deployed in large numbers, articulated battlefield armor such as this Republic scout walker transformed a single clone trooper into a formidable anti-infantry unit. Designed primarily as a reconnaissance vehicle, this two-legged open-cockpit walker is nonetheless swift and heavily armed, letting a clone trooper cut through battle droids easily. It was employed in such campaigns as the Battle of Kashyyyk. It was the precursor to the All Terrain Scout Transport seen during the Galactic Civil War.
FFG already announced their model, but I wanted mine now. Since I had a couple of walkers from the Legion core box and I do not like them for Rebels the choice was simple, get a Clone Rider from Shapeways and all is fine. I went for one of the great Mel designs, but as always the Shapeways printing material was not as good as any mini from FFG. Otherwise it fitted perfectly, only the brittle blaster broke off during painting, I replaced it with a FFG arm.

more - http://www.adpublishing.de/html/clone_wars1.html

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Agis' Star Wars Legion minis - Clone War AT-RT
« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2020, 11:36:24 PM »
I have seen your stuff on other forums, Facebook and elsewhere like your blog, and your stuff is a great inspiration source. I especially love your Clone Force 99 to be top notch, really, I envy your painting skill and attention to details!
I have got most of the stuff I want, missing Phase II Clones, the Clone Upgrade pack and Captain Rex, but have most of the stuff for the other three factions. I would love to get the Clone Force 99 stuff, I take it that they are from Skullforge? If I do (I want some other models as well from there) I will absolutely use your fantastic miniatures as role model! <3
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2020, 10:29:10 AM »
I have seen your stuff on other forums, Facebook and elsewhere like your blog, and your stuff is a great inspiration source. I especially love your Clone Force 99 to be top notch, really, I envy your painting skill and attention to details!
I have got most of the stuff I want, missing Phase II Clones, the Clone Upgrade pack and Captain Rex, but have most of the stuff for the other three factions. I would love to get the Clone Force 99 stuff, I take it that they are from Skullforge? If I do (I want some other models as well from there) I will absolutely use your fantastic miniatures as role model! <3
Big thanks Galland!

CF 99 is indeed from Skullforgestudios:

see - https://gumroad.com/skullforgestudios?sort=newest "Rough Riders"

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2020, 11:53:44 PM »
Love this thread.

Would you say there's a big difference between the standard 'fine' and the more expensive 'ultra-fine' prints from Skull Forge?
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2020, 04:52:51 AM »
Love this thread.

Would you say there's a big difference between the standard 'fine' and the more expensive 'ultra-fine' prints from Skull Forge?
Yes, but even at ultra-fine you can get minis where the print lines are visible.
In addition the material is very brittle.

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2020, 05:09:29 AM »
Yes, but even at ultra-fine you can get minis where the print lines are visible.
In addition the material is very brittle.

How do the different print materials stand up to normal game play?

I’m happy to get the 3D prints but I am clumsy  ::)