Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Clear the Streets of Dedburgh - Akulas Rules Zombie Game  (Read 1637 times)

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
Clear the Streets of Dedburgh - Akulas Rules Zombie Game
« on: March 31, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »
This is a three generation game Grandad, Uncle Al and Aiden.  We use a modified version of Akulas Rules with added event and mission cards. 

Scenario:

The town of Dedburgh is to be cleared of survivors because a large bomb has landed right in the middle of the Main Street and could explode at any time.

Player 1 was Aiden (age 7) with a Black Watch fire team ordered to clear the street as quickly as possible of any survivors.  He had a Corporal with SA-80 and three Highlanders with an SA-80, SA-80/Underslung Grenade Launcher and a Minimi. On the right of the picture.

Player 2 was Uncle Al with a group pf three survivors after a serviceable vehicle.  On the laft of the p.icture

The start of the game as the parties enter.  For once they can see each other.  There are a few zombies shambling about and three spawn points spread out along Main Street,

Almost right away Uncle Al's team comes under attack from zombies.  He engages in a hand to hand battle,

Aiden's Highanders adopt stealth tactics and start clearing houses, peering inside for signs of survivors.

A quick assault with the bayonet sorts out the zombies occupying the house.  They don't like it up them.

A "tank zombie" starts to move twoard the bomb.  He does not know what it is of course.

Uncle Al starts to check out the compound with the rescue car in the entrance.  He finds and rescues a paramedic, who has the keys to her car but it is low on fuel.  A search of the compound finds a jerry can of fuel.

Aiden orders his fire team to attack the zombies blocking his path.  Bayonets fixed they charge killing all of the zombies.

The charge takes them over the road, past the spawn point and into a fortified compond.  Here they rescue 3 survivors.

Moving quickly he clears the compound taking care of the zombies there.  Still not a shot has ben fired.

Al's team run into trouble as they attract the attention of the "tank zombie" who hurls debris at them but misses.  Agent Sue Purb (event card) waves to them and makes ready to run across the road.

The zombies attack and damage the car.  Al abandons it and goes for plann B - find another car!

Stealth tactics have prevaled so far for the Highlanders but things suddenly go bad (high spawning rolls and a couple of Event Cards).  Zombies shamble in from all sides.

Controlled gunfire clears the way for a break out.

Just when things were looking good a horde erupts from the flank.

Meanwhile, taking advantage of the distraction and the gunfire.  Al breaks out.

But he, too, attracts a horde (another Event Card).

Again controlled gunfire allows the party to escape but without a car.

Both parties achieved their missions and both suffered casualties but none serious.  By reserving their fire until they were in danger of being overrun thay avoided alerting zombies in the rest of the town.

A fun and enjoyable game even for grandad as the zombie player who very nearly trapped Al's team until Agent Sue Purb intervened.

More to come as the boys want to play again
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:24:51 PM by dadlamassu »
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Clear the Streets of Dedburgh - Akulas Rules Zombie Game
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:45:04 PM »
Nice game.  8)
Been ages since I last outed my zeds, perhaps I should see if I can find them...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »
Nice looking game and an interesting report.

Thanks.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 06:15:31 PM »
Excellent game report.
Zombies are lots of fun,
they remind me of some of the members of my family.  :o
Of course this is April's Fool's Day. lol
Semper Fi, Mac