Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vanguard Dominion gaming  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Lolbat

• Student
Vanguard Dominion gaming
« on: April 30, 2018, 07:39:27 PM »
Has anyone tried out the Vanguard Dominion rules or posted any battle reports? Looks like an interesting system

Offline Samsonov

• Librarian
Re: Vanguard Dominion gaming
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:01:09 PM »
Same question just got asked on tactical command: http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=33238

I have played it quite a bit. It is quick play and quite destructive, so you will always get a result from the game. The system has both a random element and quite a bit of command and control, so I think it is game which constantly throws up new challenges each turn. Given that firstly you don't know in advance which of either players units will activate, secondly when they do activate they typically can cause a lot of damage and thirdly there are multiple things you can do with each units, all means that your choices matter a lot and you keep having to act upon unpredictable situations.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:07:35 PM by Samsonov »

Offline Lolbat

• Student
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 09:25:02 PM »
That post was me as well.  ;D

I saw the models the other day and have immediately begun to dream about doing massive HH battles. Just wanted to know what the rules were like but then I realised that I'd build and paint the armies no matter what  :D

Offline General_Mayhem

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 10:33:33 PM »
Hi

I am part of the play test team for Dominion Wars and have just run a demo game at the Hammerhead show in the UK. You can check out my blog for more details:-

https://apassioninminiature.wordpress.com/

The rules are coming along nicely. Just require faction balancing and a bit more tweaking.

The rules are based around an activation system which has a command die for each century (company). These are placed into a bag and randomly picked out, so activation can switch from side to side. There is a limit on the amount of activations a side can have in a row. To add to this you have an End of turn die which if pulled may bring all your carefully laid plans to an end.

Each base has an Attack/Assault/Arm/Dam rating plus some units will have special rules. The game plays tactically and because of the activation system is fluid and interactive.

If you have any questions just ask them here or over on my blog. 

Adrian

Offline General_Mayhem

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 03:21:23 PM »
Here are some links to a couple of youtube video's of the Marine and Cybershadow forces.

Plus a few photo attachments