Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Old Frostgrave/Mordheim Boards and Terrain  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
My Old Frostgrave/Mordheim Boards and Terrain
« on: April 01, 2018, 05:24:46 PM »
Newbie here! Just a post sharing some of my past terrain and gaming work for fantasy skirmishers such as Frostgrave and Mordheim. Been TT gaming for over a decade now. I moved out of country and into Southeast Asia 7 months ago and had to sell all of this to a friend. Building up my new stuff now that my family has finally settled into our new home, but playing different games due to different gaming interests in my area (mostly historical and sci-fi, if any at all. haha). Also creating a game too! Anywho, sharing these pics just for fun and good memories:
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: My Old Frostgrave/Mordheim Boards and Terrain
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »
Well, that is a cracking collection of buildings there.
 :-* :-*

A real shame you had to sell it on, but it sounds like it has gone to a good home.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
 :)

And that was also a wonderful way to introduce yourself to the forum.
Welcome aboard!
 :D

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »
brilliant terrain.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 04:54:17 PM »
Well thank you both, very kindly! I do miss those pieces, but excited to get my new board and terrain underway! I had to go the more "cookie-cutter" route, literally, and fly in a few laser-cut mdf pieces with me, since where I now live has zero craft supply stores, nor even basic hardware/paint stores. Excited to get back into gaming nonetheless!  :)

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 09:25:00 AM »
Have you any battle reports/photo galleries of games being played on these? They're amazing. Real labours of love.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 05:23:38 PM »
Have you any battle reports/photo galleries of games being played on these? They're amazing. Real labours of love.

No battle reports, sadly. But I do have a few more battle pictures and WIP pictures stashed on my iPad. Will try to share soon. If you happen to be part of the Frostgrave FB group, you can search my name and a ton of fun stuff should come up where you can see my builds and battles. Thanks for the love!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »
Oh sorry! Name being Elijah Kellogg in FB group. Don't know if stuff will come up now that I'm no longer a member of the group, but you can give it a try if you're a member. (Gave up on Frostgrave after running nearly 100 demos of it at conventions and realizing over time it was very...imbalanced, swing-y, and lacking in a strategy that suits my taste.)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 05:50:28 PM »
As promised, here's a quick iPad dump of some photos of my terrain in action when I used to host Frostgrave at conventions. And the last pic is of a Bolt Action game where we used my stuff. Fun times!

Offline JNorton

• Student
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 06:15:35 PM »
Thats a cracking setup