Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mad Maximillian 1934 - pic heavy  (Read 9226 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
Re: Mad Maximillian 1934 - pic heavy
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 02:50:16 AM »
 ;D. Beautiful!

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 06:20:21 PM »
Sonavagun! I'm totally blown away by these and inspired! Now I have to shake those images out of my head because I can NOT afford a new project but I so want to get in on this action because you made these models so friggin awesome.

Hat is off. Excellent work!

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 10:14:05 PM »
Thanks guys.

I only announced the game the week before the tournament, by which time I'd had over 2 months of planning, painting and building, with no pictures or hints posted anywhere.

I have some plans for more vehicles and factions to split the vehicles into for different scenarios.

There are no rules for it currently but I'm definitely going to have a truck with a naval harpoon gun in the flatbed.

Offline leadboy

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 10:49:42 AM »
Very lovely stuff. I've looked at these rules and purchased a few of the Eureka gunner/driver figures. What's stopped me progressing with it is uncertainty as to the scale of the necessary vehicles/figures. I've got quite a few of the Matchbox Models of Yesteryear/Lledo Days Gone vehicles that I was going to convert, but it seemed to me that the Eureka (and also the First Corps range) vehicles/figures were probably larger and more 1/48, and therefore I would have to invest yet further if I wanted to get vehicles/figures compatible with any of these (rather lovely, but a bit pricey) vehicles? That said, you've clearly got all this cracked with your lovely set-up. What would you advise re. scales and the possibility of converting compatible diecasts from other ranges/other 28mm figures? The other thing that weighed on the mind was how long it would take a group of experienced gamers to "pick up" the rules from a "standing start", and how long an average game would take to play through? Would be grateful for your experience and congratulations again on some beautifully produced vehicles.

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 02:17:29 AM »
Late reply:
The vehicles are sized for 28mm, which means around 1/48 will do. It depends on who you game with, as I have seen 1/72 sized games played equally well. Models of Yesteryear work well, but even they have variable scale (not all true 1/48), but this doesn't impact the look of the game badly.

Eureka are releasing Max 34 boxed sets (initially at PAX Australia this weekend). They include 2 Eureka cars with plenty of bits, the Core Rulebook, and some nice laser cut mdf terrain including race barriers to help mark your course. As usual with Eureka, it probably won't appear on the website for a year or more, but Nic responds well to email enquiries. Price works out to be about the same as 2 cars and the rulebook bought separately, but the race terrain makes it a bargain as a starter set.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 11:30:03 AM »
I demoed some intro games at PAX AUS yesterday, and picking up the basics for non-wargamers was pretty quick - everything is linked to how many fate (working against you) and fortune  (working for you) dice you roll to perform an action.

Not wanting to derail the thread, here's some photos:
https://donnerundblitzenwargaming.blogspot.com/2018/10/pax-aus-day-1-maximillian-1934-and.html
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 08:05:10 PM »
Hey von Lucky, no problem with you adding pics of the demo games.  Looks like a lot of fun was had and those cars are wonderful.

I understand there were some new crews released a while ago and hope there'll be new cars/ bikes coming too.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 08:35:48 PM »

Great stuff man, Its always s treat to see my car designs done up so well!

There are no rules for it currently but I'm definitely going to have a truck with a naval harpoon gun in the flatbed.

You might want to shoot the chaps at mana press a line, (pun intended) they wrote the rules and I hear there might be harpoons in the expansion they are planning.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 10:57:33 PM »
Harpoons and similar rules for Max 34 came out in either Wargames Illustrated or Wargames Soldiers and Strategy. But yes, the Grand Tour supplement with have some extra goodies and weirdness ( such as Motorcycle Chariots)

Offline tanktastic43

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 11:58:53 PM »
Super vehicles!

Well done.

tt43.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 01:41:26 AM »
Great cars!

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »
Harpoons and similar rules for Max 34 came out in either Wargames Illustrated or Wargames Soldiers and Strategy. But yes, the Grand Tour supplement with have some extra goodies and weirdness ( such as Motorcycle Chariots)

Anybody any idea which magazine (and issue number) this might have been?

Motorcycle chariots?  Woohoo!!!!!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 09:38:17 PM »

Motorcycle chariots?  Woohoo!!!!!

Aye, we yoke about this a lot.

I'll get my coat.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 01:56:17 AM »
I’m going to do something for Car Wars using the GHQ N scale cars; they have a line of “transition era” vehicles from the 30s and 40s that are begging to be done up for PA crash boom speed games.

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/n-scale-transition-era-trucks-accessories.html
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984