Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689479
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Trouble on the Barrow Downs  (Read 823 times)

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Trouble on the Barrow Downs
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:37:01 AM »
I played my first game of Sellswords and Spellslingers from Ganeha Games this afternoon. It was a solo game to get the feel of the rules before trying it out with other players. I picked the rules up after seeing some positive reviews and I am planning to use them for a Middle Earth based campaign. I will try out a few games, both solo and with other players, to see if the rules need tweaking to better reflect the Middle Earth setting.

Game report and my inital thoughts on the rules, plus photos are on the blog http://grahamsgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/trouble-on-barrow-downs.html

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
Re: Trouble on the Barrow Downs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:40:02 AM »
Nice report and a very close run game. :o  It is good to see some old Vendel models getting an outing.

It is a funny game.  Sometimes you can activate with few failures and the monsters doing little, other times you will fail multiple activations; today I had several rounds where I failed all three activations!  This made for a very difficult game.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: Trouble on the Barrow Downs
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 04:47:12 PM »
Good review. I purchased the book and cards, did a read-through, but have yet to run a game. So thanks for this, it was a help.