Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:52:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Police and SAS in Dedburgh (zombie game)  (Read 2292 times)

Online dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
Police and SAS in Dedburgh (zombie game)
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:19:40 PM »
Using the same terrain as last time (I have been to busy to clear it up) the boys have had another game.

In this game Uncle Al drew the Special Forces Mission Card to rescue “Granny”.

Aiden (age 7) drew the Police mission card to searc for survivors in the sector of Dedburgh not searched in the last game.

Starting positions

Aiden deploys his policemen in all round defence.  He asked for a driver as an extra figure because he wanted to use the car and kind Grandad said OK

The car was left switched off so it did not attract zombies.  But the first house checked was occupied by zombies.  Aiden made sure that the doors and windows were secure and left them there as a fast zombie ran in to the attack.

His next house was empty but zombies from nearby shambled to the attack.  The gateway was held by the gallant PC Clubman with shield and Z-Baton.  PC Snypur was ready to help while PC Findum checked the buildings.

The stealthy SAS at the other end of Main Street clear the first compound.  This takes some time as there aew zombies close by.

PC Findum rescued two survivors and the team walks quietly across the road.  But Zombies close in.

Suddenly a banner flaps from a window. Survivors upstairs!

But fast zombies run in to the attack and bonce off PC Clubman’s shield and are slain by his baton.

The SAS are still checking buildings and tackling zombies.

WPC Speedwaye tries to start the car attracting the unwelcome attention of nearby zombies

Pursued by zombies the police move into the compound but the red car cannot be moved.

The SAS have been stealthily active searching buildings while the police have been attracting the zombies.  Eventually they find the scientist with “Granny”.

The police clear the outbuildings and find more survivors and some zombies

Three very agressive zombies attack killing a survivor.

The police car now arrives and places itself between the approaching zombies and the survivors.

At the back of the group one of the zomies rises from the dead and attacks the policeman.

And the police car runs over a spike and bursts a tyre but the driver ignores it and drives on.

A horde of zombies overwhelms a gallant survivor who was acting as rearguard.

And while the zombies engage in a feeding frenzy the police and the survivors flee spraying the horde with bullets.

The SAS had a quiet but successful game even though hardly anyone noticed them!  Well I suppose that was to be expected.   They rescued the scientist and “Granny” as well as three other survivors.   Aiden played his policemen very well rescuing 11 survivors but losing two of them to the zombies.  The SAS though heavily armed did not fire a shot.  Aiden’s police did not shoot until they had to cover their withdrawal.

More from Dedburgh soon.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Police and SAS in Dedburgh (zombie game)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:12:44 PM »
Interesting report.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:15:55 PM »
I enjoyed that write up - sounds like it was a great game.

Offline Damas

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Re-enactor, modeller, stooge
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 08:58:42 PM »
I love the write up and the scenery you've laid out.  Looks like it was a great game!

I'm looking forward to more.
"Old gamers don't die, they just smell like that."

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 02:15:38 AM »
Looks like a very interesting game.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 07:48:25 AM »
Thanks for sharing. That sound like a game that had everything a zombiegame should have.

Keep us updated on the events in Dedburgh.

Offline Damas

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Re-enactor, modeller, stooge
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 04:17:26 PM »
Quick question (which might already be answered somewhere ::))

The random cards and actions through the game, are they homebrew or a written set?  Also, what is the ruleset you've used?

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 05:16:24 PM »
Great report.

Online dadlamassu

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 07:58:09 PM »
Quick question (which might already be answered somewhere ::))

The random cards and actions through the game, are they homebrew or a written set?  Also, what is the ruleset you've used?
The Rules are modified a bit from Akula's Zombie rules.

The Mission and Random cards are home made.  If you want them PM me your e-mail that will accept Word 2010 or pdf just say which you prefer and I will send them to you.

Alan

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 08:50:08 AM »
Great game and great read! I love the part about the SAS getting the job done, unnoticed, funny how a game can reflect reality!!

Question, where did you get the Shopping Trolley piece from? Need some of those for my collection!

Cheers
COMMISIONS OPEN - I CUSTOM KITBASH YOUR MODELS. 40K, STARGRAVE, NECROMUNDA, AoS; FORBIDDEN PSALM

https://withkoji.com/@IsItSheerMadness

Online dadlamassu

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 08:51:31 PM »

Question, where did you get the Shopping Trolley piece from? Need some of those for my collection!

Cheers
It was cut from the barricades in the Mars Attacks game.  I bought 2 sets in a Black Friday sale a couple of years ago.  That is also where the playing mats came from.  In the picture below you can just see the trolley on the left of the barricade on the left of the picture

A better picture - unless you want the rest of the game probably very expensive.  My grandchildren play with the figures.