Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690803
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Exercise contest winner announced!  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Jozis Tin Man

• Assistant
Tactical Decision Exercise contest winner announced!
« on: April 09, 2018, 03:26:11 AM »
See: https://jozistinman.blogspot.com/2018/04/tactical-decision-exercise-contest-1.html

Good luck!

(not sure if this the best place to post this, but seems like the guys with the most interest.)  Enjoy!

Offline Jozis Tin Man

• Assistant
Re: Win free magazines from me with a Tactical Decision Exercise
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 04:40:21 PM »
Updated blog post with some definitions so you know what you have at your disposal.

SQD LDR= Squad leader

TM LDR = Team leader

GREN = grenadier, M4 with attached M203 40mm Grenade launcher

RMAT= normally the squad Javelin ATGM gunner, but left behind for this mission so another AR

AR = M4 Assault rifle

DM = Squad designated marksman armed with upgraded M-16 with bipod and good optics.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »
I've just bitten and sent in my orders... :)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Jozis Tin Man

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 11:52:23 PM »
Good man!  I'll adjudicate tomorrow.

Thanks!

Offline Jozis Tin Man

• Assistant
Tactical Decision Exercise contest winner announced!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »
Feel free to comment on my blog our here and tell me where I am wrong.  Thanks to all who participated!

https://jozistinman.blogspot.com/2018/04/tactical-decision-exercise-contest.html

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 08:08:04 AM »
That's odd; I posted my comments, but I can't seen them. I first sent one with just the orders and then the same one again with detailed explanation :(

No matter; I'm in the EU so it was for fun anyway. Just thought you should know that not everything has come through...

+++EDIT+++ Interesting to see that just about everyone (including myself) has posted roughly the same plan, although nobody else has made specific use of the marksman (I did; to take out the technical gunner as the opening shot). Glad to learn some of that NCO training back in the day has stuck with me... lol
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:15:05 AM by Daeothar »

Offline Jozis Tin Man

• Assistant
Re: Tactical Decision Exercise contest winner announced!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 12:53:08 AM »
All replies were good and thanks for participating.  What really surprises me is the "book" answer I found with it completely ignores rear security for the squad... something all you guys took into account.

Possible example of orders to squad:  “We’re going to conduct an attack by fire.  Three enemy elements to our front, 75m.  Technical truck with recoilless rifle in center.  Three-man AT team with RPGs on the right.  Six men with AK-47s on the left.  Deploy along barrier to front.  Bravo team on left, MG in center, Alpha team on right.  MG engages technical first, initiates on my order.  Priority is on killing recoilless rifle gunner and driver.  When MG opens fire, all other elements engage targets.  Alpha team and M249 focuses on RPG gunners.  Bravo team and M249 focuses on AK-47s on the left.  Maintain fire until all targets down.”