Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:14:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690589
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gaslands in 6mm - out of sight but not out of mind  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Rollaone

• Librarian
  • Per at Roll a One
    • Roll a One
Gaslands in 6mm - out of sight but not out of mind
« on: April 09, 2018, 10:40:28 AM »
Another blog update, this time a sit rep about Gaslands in 6mm, showing some game play, using Dropzone Commander terrain for some cool post apocalyptic car gaming?, zombies and of course a Mutant 1984 angle! 
More on the blog here https://rollaone.com/2018/04/09/gaslands-in-6mm-out-of-sight-but-not-out-of-mind/  Hope it is of some interest.

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
Re: Gaslands in 6mm - out of sight but not out of mind
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
Looks great and might be worth going after in 6 MM which would be minimal cost!

What size board or playing area is required - or were you using?

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline Rollaone

• Librarian
  • Per at Roll a One
    • Roll a One
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 10:23:14 AM »
The toxic deathrace track is 2 by 2 feet, at a 50% reduction of movement templates this is the same as a 4 by 4 board with the rules as written.  I suggest you go to the blog and follow the links that will show you the vehicles I have used, where to get them and some scale issues.

All the best

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 05:08:51 PM »
OK, sounds good for me. I had suspected your vehicles were those from irregular Miniatures, which is where I was planning to get mine. I have used some of them in making my Post Apocalyptic Law Stronghold, and find they clean up and paint very nicely.

I've bookmarked your site and tonight when I have more free time will study it, as it seems to be really good source for getting started.

Thanks for the help!!!

Terry

Offline Rollaone

• Librarian
  • Per at Roll a One
    • Roll a One
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »
That is some top class modelling going on there! Hope you find something on interest in my ramblings.  All the best

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »
Rollaone, I spent a good bit of time reading through your blog last night and studying all I could find. Yep, the 6 MM scale works fine for me. By the way, your toxic ponds with submerged cars look awesome! How did you create that look?

Plan on pursuing this and feel I can get the local guys to play a few games if I provide everything.

Terry

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 09:29:09 PM »
As a GHQ 6mm fan, these are some fantastic pieces and ideas you guys are doing - really well done :o
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 04:14:49 PM »
Rollaone, I watched some YouTube video of a Gaslands game and it seemed to me that there was little action with the models and most of the time was spent rolling various numbers of dice - first 3 or 4 die, and then some lesser amount for several more rolls followed by making notes on car cards and hazard makers. The net seeming to me to be a game of die rolling???? I may have gotten the wrong idea, and if so, please help me understand it better.

Thanks,

Terry