Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685090
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Warmahordes faction coming - possibly VERY suitable for pulp or weird wars.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
In July, Privateer Press will be releasing a new faction for Warmachine called the "Crucible Guard". While Warmachine is generally a steam-and-magic steampunk game, this faction is supposed to be "particularly advanced" by Warmachine standards (They're mad scientists or something). The previews released a few days ago look like they have some VERY promising applications for Pulp:

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Andy in Germany

• Scientist
Not my style but very cool nonetheless. I'll enjoy seeing them painted.

I like the bloke in the rocket launcher set with the book. Perhaps he's German and wanted to read the instructions.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
They're the setting's foremost alchemists, so mad scientists crossed with spellcasters and arcanomancers.  Many of their figs will be very pulp-appropriate, but there's nothing unusual about that.  The whole Iron Kingdoms range is chock full of nifty steamtech pieces, weird cryptofauna that would be right at home in a Lost Continent game or as a crazed inventor's lab experiment, and even some neat mechanically-themed undead types if you want to give your local Carnacki Agency something new to deal with.

The Crucible War Engine (ie Big Thing on 120mm base") is a "Rail-less Interceptor" or somesuch, and can only be described as a heavily-armed steam locomotive designed to operate cross country.  Probably going to be very useful (albeit expensive) as a smallish pulp landship.  One of the faction's warcasters is riding on one of them, if want the next step in over-the-top silliness.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
And may even serve as not 40k mechanicus etc 8) :-*
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
I could see the jetpack guys working painted up in red, white and blue with a 50s aviator vibe (brown leathers, etc)

Offline Andy in Germany

• Scientist
I'm having trouble finding my way around the website: I keep getting the whole board sets. I'd like to have a look because I think my lads may well fall in love when they see those characters. Can someone point me at the correct links for the figures?

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
I'm having trouble finding my way around the website: I keep getting the whole board sets. I'd like to have a look because I think my lads may well fall in love when they see those characters. Can someone point me at the correct links for the figures?

Crucible Guard are still in pre-release, the images in the OP are renders and I doubt there's anything actually sculpted yet.  Haven't seen any, at least.  Probably won't see physical models showing up on the "upcoming" part of the site until May or even June if they follow past patterns.  Might be images from reviewers before then, though.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
I could see the jetpack guys working painted up in red, white and blue with a 50s aviator vibe (brown leathers, etc)
If I didn't already have both a Russian and American jetpack pilot in my various pulp leagues, I'd have said they were perfect for either one. As it is, perhaps these will work as British or German ones.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
If I didn't already have both a Russian and American jetpack pilot in my various pulp leagues, I'd have said they were perfect for either one. As it is, perhaps these will work as British or German ones.

IIRC from the teaser podcasts, there should be a Solo/hero rocket-pack figure as well, so at least one more sculpt option and probably fancier than the basic ones above.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God

Funnily enough a Soviet paint job was my second thought.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
IIRC from the teaser podcasts, there should be a Solo/hero rocket-pack figure as well, so at least one more sculpt option and probably fancier than the basic ones above.

Nice.