Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690603
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Terminator Genisys: Rise of the Resistance  (Read 942 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
(Kickstarter) Terminator Genisys: Rise of the Resistance
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:14:51 PM »
New kickstarter for boardgames version this time - 70 Euros for the basic set - link

Not sure about the size of the miniatures and I'm not crazy on some of the sculpts, so I'll probably pass

Terminator Genisys: Rise of the Resistance is a cooperative tactical board game for 1-4 players where you play as the leaders of the Resistance, liberating humankind from the clutches of the machines. Use the mission book to select your scenario or play through in campaign mode. Build the modular map and select your favorite resistance hero before engaging the Terminators in a battle for survival. Roll dice and allocate them to abilities, weapons, movement and more. Press on toward the next waypoint and don’t get overrun by the machines!

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
Re: (Kickstarter) Terminator Genisys: Rise of the Resistance
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »
I don’t have the money for this any time soon but I’ll keep my eye on it. The Terminator Genesys minis game is an absolutely brilliant rule set and the starter sets can be picked up for peanuts. I always thought it was a shame that more miniatures didn’t come out.

It looks like this uses a couple of the same sculpts? Pretty sure the John Connor is the same.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 10:58:31 PM »
There's quite a lot in the comments about a previous failed Terminator kickstarter which the designers may or not have been involved in. I think I'll leave it until it's produced.

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:58:19 AM »
This is being published by River Horse under their license so as long as it funds there won't be an issue (Lynnvander were contracted to develop rules for the previous Terminator game - which they completed - but had nothing to do with running the campaign or producing any physical products, the issues/delays are all down to SGP who ran the campaign).
Personally I really like the look of the game play/campaign mode and as the miniatures will be compatible with the the current table top game it will also nicely expand my forces for that.