Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Zombicide: Invader  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
[Kickstarter] Zombicide: Invader
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/zombicide-invader/description

I’ve got more than enough Black Plague stuff to last forever but this looks intriguing. The heroes and the Xenos look generic enough to use for numerous games and I like the X-Com style aesthetic of the soldiers...

Offline pancakeonions

• Librarian
Re: [Kickstarter] Zombicide: Invader
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:22:14 PM »
I really like the game, and think moving it into space was a good next step, but I really dislike the aliens.  They just look so ridiculous.  That abomination model...  It's like a first draft that was put together by a fourth grader...  How did anyone think that was OK? 

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 03:00:49 AM »
Same here, that abomination model leaves me cold.  I've been waiting out the black plague campaigns for Deadspace and we get krumpin' aliens.  Seems to be on pace for the usual CMON success so what do I know.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 03:15:23 AM »
So the abomination is... an abomination?

I quite like the aliens. Not enough to get in on this (yet).

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 06:44:44 AM »
Yup - the abomination isn't great at all. It seems a very confused design.

The poses of the other aliens are a bit odd too. I'm not convinced by the 'not' miniatures either.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 08:33:11 AM »
I'm actually quite tempted by this one.

The aliens have a Mantic Deadzone/Battle for Alabaster feel to them and I quite like the civilians. Not so crazy on the armoured survivors, and some of the heads seem too small for the bodies, even enclosed in power armour.

I am concerned about the material, as those tentacles could prove a nightmare to fix if the material is at all bendy.

May 2019 delivery is a red flag, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »
I am considering this version of zombicide.  I don't mind the aliens they are a little different than the normal xenos.  I am lukewarm on the military characters.  Can we get away from the 40k astetic please.  I would prefer if they brought back the vanguard from sedition wars in a normal scale.

Salcor

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:55:42 AM »
As much as I love me some X-COM (ever since the nineties), I've not been convinced by any miniature game so far. Be that directly licenced, or 'in the vein of' tributes.

It must be the whole huge armour thing that came with the 'new' version of the PC game. Even though it rocked (especially after trying to replay the nineties game in this day and age again ::) ) as far as gameplay was concerned, it never struck exactly the right note with me aesthetically.

The latest X-Com-ish miniature games that have been thrown out there of late, all share that look, or even exaggerate it. For me, X-COM will always be grey jumpsuit clad grunts with streetfighter/Jake Busey hairdo's and a very slim chance of survival... lol

And let's not even mention the alines. I know this is not an X-COM game, but with the many nods to the game, the aliens are a bit of a letdown. Now, I wasn't expecting Snakemen and Sectoids, but these, while actually sort of cool in their own right, also do not quite sit right with me*. So I'm going to pass on this one.

* Although the big abomination could actually work as some sort of chaos spawn or daemon...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
Well, I caved and backed the basic game. It's more for the civilians and aliens, as I'm not too keen on the military figures - too much 40K influence...

One thing that I felt let down the original zombicide was the lack of poses with the zombies. At least with the KS version they're throwing in some variation. I'm hoping it'll be possible to buy some extra sentry guns at some point, as they look useful for other stuff.

Only 13 months to go  ::)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 07:07:08 PM »
Hmmm...

Those deckholders seem designed to hold cards with and without sleeves - interesting feature!
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 05:50:52 AM »
I'm backed for now. I have a sedition wars set I've never played that may get built to swap out the aliens with, looks like a close-ish match for most of the units. Maybe some of the power armor units as well. Gameplay looks fairly good

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
Just pinging this, as there's only 5 days (then another 365  ::)) to go

Shed loads of figures, some good, some meh. Latest stretch goal is a not-Vasquez from Aliens

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 02:11:50 AM »
I never do kickstarters.

However, when this is released to the general public, I may be interested.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 08:54:17 AM »
It all looks nice and shiney, I like a lot of the survivor concepts and the game looks fun, but...

I felt the same way about zombiside, bought it and it's still sat in it's box having never been played.

I painted a grand total of one of the figures  :o

For me, there's a definate lesson to be learned I believe

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 10:18:50 AM »
It all looks nice and shiney, I like a lot of the survivor concepts and the game looks fun, but...

I felt the same way about zombiside, bought it and it's still sat in it's box having never been played.

I painted a grand total of one of the figures  :o

For me, there's a definate lesson to be learned I believe

Yep. I feel the same. It’s sometimes hard to overcome the FOMO. And you you put the price in relation to well sculpted metal minis, you could afford more minis, which you will actually paint for less money. At least that’s what I try to tell myself....plus I already pledged Hellboy :)