Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:03:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (CoOp/Solo Expansion! Pg15)  (Read 45093 times)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Regarding Initiative values, you can always create some for yourself (unless Burma44 threatens to send the thought police over of course  ;D).

Mr Author, from your experience how long do these games play out on average? I realise this could depend on how many units in action.

*whispers into earpiece, summoning the secret Thought Police*

Haha. But in all seriousness, I think it all works really well as is, but peeps are always free to tweak as their needs require. As long as it's just a game with a friend, you could be playing with lego soldiers and rubberbands for all I care. lol

To answer your great question, Ragsta, the standard game time is 2-3 hours. The standard game limit is about 8-9 soldiers per side, on average, with 3-4 models for the most elite focused warband and 16 soldiers maximum for the swarmiest warbands. If you bring the limit down, as all are free to do, the game could be as quick as an hour or less. When playing in a campaign, there will be a "Post-Battle Regroup" with very light inventory and upgrade work, but even that wouldn't take more than 15mins max (and that's just as fun as playing a match, me thinks!).

Hope you give it a go, Ragsta! Thanks for checking it out!
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Currently working on new scenarios for campaign play! Will work great for one-off games as well. Creating scenarios for 2,3,4,5, and 6 players. All of them include a secondary objective that involves securing "Illicit Caches", which is basically space-treasure that can be opened after a battle and the loot inside goes into your warband's inventory for later use.

What scenarios have you always enjoyed from other skirmish games? What scenarios have you always dreamed of playing, but have never seen before? Would love the hivemind's input!

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Sweet looking forward to seeing these scenarios.
Probably my favourite scenario in any game is hidden treasure from mordheim it’s where there is a treasure marker in a random building and you have to roll to search to find it.

You have to search every building and roll a 12 on 2 d6 to find it and the last building searched auto has it if it can’t be found, it’s just carnage to play.

Wyrdstone hunt is good too just fighting over treasure that can be carried by warriors when found.

Other than that mainly scenarios that have civilians in are cool.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Sweet looking forward to seeing these scenarios.
Probably my favourite scenario in any game is hidden treasure from mordheim it’s where there is a treasure marker in a random building and you have to roll to search to find it.

You have to search every building and roll a 12 on 2 d6 to find it and the last building searched auto has it if it can’t be found, it’s just carnage to play.

Wyrdstone hunt is good too just fighting over treasure that can be carried by warriors when found.

Other than that mainly scenarios that have civilians in are cool.

Used to love me some Mordheim! Those are all classic ideas for sure, and inspiration from each is definitely in the upcoming scenarios pack. I'm up to 12 scenarios for 2 player matches, 6 for 3 players, 6 for 4 players (3 team, 3 free for all), and a secret objectives system for 5 and 6 player matches (which also includes a teams mode) that creates an endless variety of crazy shenanigans. And then caches as secondary objectives in every single scenario... Campaigns in Starfall are gonna be epic.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Continuing to craft the scenarios! Looking great!

Just went all in for Zombicide Invader for the boatload of sweet sci-fi models.

Just finished this little video on Psychic Abilities and Schools in Starfall. Enjoy: https://youtu.be/j7uOPnkicA4

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Sweet thanks! I’ll watch it tonight  :).

I also went in on zombicide it’s just too good to resist... I hope the models scale well with 40k.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Sweet thanks! I’ll watch it tonight  :).

I also went in on zombicide it’s just too good to resist... I hope the models scale well with 40k.

Oh for sure! I was skeptical at first but when the exclusive character/alien models just started pouring out, I knew I had to bite the bullet start dropping $$$. Haha. It looks like they should scale really well with 40k. Absolutely stoked to use them all for Starfall! If you went all in, you should have enough models for at least 3/4s of all 20 Starfall factions. It's like it was made for it! Haha.

How'd you like the psychics video? Any particular Starfall warbands you're looking at getting into? (I know you've got the models for nearly everything!)

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Yeah the video was great. Ther’re all easy to follow for the uninitiated... like me. Are you going to do a full example battle report after all the intro videos are done?

The warband I’m looking forward to getting done first is a hive warband made out of legion of everblight warbeasts, it’s been far to long since I’ve seen shredders running around mauling people on the table top  :D

But that being said there’s a tonne of other ones rolling around in my head nomadic raiders just look to fun to pass up aswell.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Yeah the video was great. Ther’re all easy to follow for the uninitiated... like me. Are you going to do a full example battle report after all the intro videos are done?

The warband I’m looking forward to getting done first is a hive warband made out of legion of everblight warbeasts, it’s been far to long since I’ve seen shredders running around mauling people on the table top  :D

But that being said there’s a tonne of other ones rolling around in my head nomadic raiders just look to fun to pass up aswell.

Awesome! Well, whatever warbands you come up with, do be sure to share here and everywhere! Love your work and I'd be thrilled to see it in use for Starfall.

I would love to do a full battle report someday, but at the moment I live in Southeast Asia, in a country where TT is virtually nonexistent. Hoping to change that as the months pass! 😉

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
STARFALL ORGANIZED PLAY LAUNCHES THIS FRIDAY! I created a brief vlog post to chat a bit about why I'm excited for Starfall's organized play supplements. You can check it out here: https: https://youtu.be/rcp1PUkB6Jc

Probably most jazzed to release the scenarios pack and rules for running Starfall campaigns! What are you excited for!?

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
One of my favorite things about Starfall? I can pit my Veer-Myn against my Death Guard. Battle of th Plagues! Just got one squad assembled and another painted!

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
STARFALL ORGANIZED PLAY LAUNCHES THIS FRIDAY! I created a brief vlog post to chat a bit about why I'm excited for Starfall's organized play supplements. You can check it out here: https: https://youtu.be/rcp1PUkB6Jc

Probably most jazzed to release the scenarios pack and rules for running Starfall campaigns! What are you excited for!?

I'm most looking forward to the campaign rules. We've just started up a Necromunda campaign, so anything new will have to take a back seat for a while, but what you've shown so far looks great and I hope I won't have to wait too long to try it out myself.

Just joined this community to let you know I think you have something special with your STARFALL project.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
I'm most looking forward to the campaign rules. We've just started up a Necromunda campaign, so anything new will have to take a back seat for a while, but what you've shown so far looks great and I hope I won't have to wait too long to try it out myself.

Just joined this community to let you know I think you have something special with your STARFALL project.

Hey Kontuz! Thanks so much for the love and support! Your kind words of encouragement are making my day! I too believe that Starfall is really something special. Played another couple games of it today (pic below) and I was quickly reminded just how fun and exciting it can be. Not too fluffy, but not too overbearing. Just right. Hope you get to play it soon! The campaign supplements drop in less than 24hrs!

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
Played our first game yesterday and really enjoyed it, you can read more over in my blog:

https://cruciumgiger.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/starfall-first-game-overview.html

I'm also looking forward to the multi-player scenarios and campaign rules.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
@Giger, absolutely fantastic first play and review! Thank you for sharing and glad to hear that more battles are on the way!

In light of your excitement for campaign play and multi-player rules, I am absolutely thrilled to announce that our Organized Play supplements are here and ready to download! Tournament rules, Campaign rules, and a MASSIVE Starfall Scenarios Pack are now all available on the website (FOR FREE) and ready to help you and your gaming crew organize community games of Starfall. We'll be also announcing our first prize support company for summer season 2018 in just a matter of days, and the new Starfall Forum is up and running as well!

A glorious day to visit the only and only https://www.starfalltt.com/