Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:24:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (CoOp/Solo Expansion! Pg15)  (Read 45095 times)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
STAR BREACH NOW HAS AN INSTAGRAM! Follow us at star_breach!

https://www.instagram.com/star_breach/

New "How to Play" videos coming soon!
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Star Breach “How to Play” video uploaded to the YouTube channel and ready to be enjoyed/teach the game! In less than 20mins, I cover nearly all the basic mechanics to get you started, along with thorough play-thru and examples. Enjoy! Share! Subscribe! Play Star Breach!

https://youtu.be/z-314xzLRQs

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (How to Play Vid Pg6)
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2018, 04:36:56 PM »
And here is the new "How to Play" video part 2/2. Hope you find this clips helpful! Thanks for playing Star Breach!

https://youtu.be/JBiquey7xtQ

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (How to Play Vid Pg6)
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »
Just updated the official Star Breach Forum with some solid content for all players, new and old! Check it out here: https://www.starbreach.com/forum/modeling-and-painting/examples-of-star-breach-warbands

Also, our Instagram is doing quite well and lots of fun to update with projects and cool model/warband ideas like those shown below. Instagram: star_breach

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (v2.0 OUT NOW!!!)
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2018, 01:37:23 PM »
STAR BREACH v2.0 IS OUT NOW! Many fantastic updates and balance revisions made throughout every supplement and it’s now a FREE sci-if skirmish ruleset that is better than ever!

As always, get in on the action at starbreach.com! Let me know what you’re thinking of the new rules below!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2018, 01:02:08 PM »
With v2.0 out now and available for FREE download at the newly updated site (starbreach.com), I put together a brief video that highlights a couple of the biggest, positive changes to the game's mechanics. I hope you find it helpful!

Enjoy here: https://youtu.be/_lZHVfkT8o4

Thanks for checking out Star Breach!

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »
Thanks for the all the effort you've put into the game Burma.  We're giving it a go next week, so I'll report back on how we found it.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2018, 04:01:05 AM »
Thanks go shareing. :)
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »
Thanks for the all the effort you've put into the game Burma.  We're giving it a go next week, so I'll report back on how we found it.

Thanks for the encouragement, Momotaro! Would absolutely love to hear a report of how the game went(goes?)! Peeps been saying the v2.0 rules are better than ever, so I hope you all enjoy what you find, as well. Cheers!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2018, 01:20:30 PM »
Thanks go shareing. :)

Of course! Hope you check it out and give it a go sometime soon. Always free and ready to go when your group’s got an itch for something new! Let me know when you check it out. Cheers!

Offline casual tea

• Bookworm
    • instagram.com/dlyanf
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2018, 06:34:18 AM »
Just out of curiosity... What made you decide to create a sci-fi miniatures game?

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2018, 02:24:44 PM »
Just out of curiosity... What made you decide to create a sci-fi miniatures game?

Hello casual tea and thanks for the awesome question! For me, finally deciding to sit down and fully develop a free, sci-fi/multiverse, tabletop skirmish ruleset came from a number of catalysts.

First, at the time (which was over a year ago now), there was really very few well supported skirmish systems for the sci-di genre. GW’s Shadow War Armageddon had all but fully collapsed, Necromunda had just started back-up but was still niche to the whole gang-war theme, no one really cared to play Deadzone, let alone buy the game, and other independent offerings were just OK to me—nothing special, and most not even that fun to play. (It’s funny how a year has changed so much for the sci-fi skirmish scene with the release of the new Kill Team and the increase of indie releases for the genre. I guess a lot of people  and publishers were also seeing a void as well.) So that was one of the main factors to sit down and see what I could come up with.

Second, I had just released a free skirmish ruleset (titled NCO) for WW2 squad v squad firefights, and people were really enjoying the game and the mechanics (which is a healthy mix of Bolt Action order dice mechanics with inspirations from Frostgrave, Mordheim and even X-Wing). I liked the order dice system at the skirmish gaming level A LOT and so did others, and since I was also really itching for a solid sci-fi ruleset, I figured I’d give it a go. It worked well! Even though both NCO and Star Breach now have crucially different feels, the core mechanics of both games are still similar and are, to me and my peers, some the most sleek, intuitive and balanced mechanics in TT gaming—free or otherwise.

Third, and lastly (for now, though many more factors were at play), I wanted to make the ruleset as player accessible as possible. That meant eventually creating 20 unique factions to cover every popular sci-fi motif imaginable so that players could use any models they wanted. That meant creating both a tournament mode and campaign mode, with a massive scenarios pack for games between 2-6 players. And that also meant the ruleset and supplements were going to be free to download and use. I live and work in a very impoverished part of the world, so I wanted the rules to be even accessible to those who would love to learn tabletop games, but never be able to pay the price for expensive rulesets. The other benefit of keeping the rules free and pdf based is that I can, and have many times, update the rules as feedback comes in from our players. It’s a living document that’s completely unlimited from a product line and unbound from publishing deadlines, which  both often taint a ruleset’s balance and playability.

So yeah! That’s why! Haha. :) Hope you give the game a go and let me know what you think! Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:27:16 PM by Burma44 »

Offline zrunelord

• Mastermind
    • Picts from the Front
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2018, 07:49:03 AM »
Just found this.looks like a super labour of love.
Will definitely give it a read.
Hope there's a solo part.
Thanks for sharing 👍👍👍👍👍
My faith in humanity is somewhat restored.😉
Keep it up.
Z
http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/

Imagine & you can.
Most see shapes you must see possibilities.
Z

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2018, 01:10:37 AM »
Just found this.looks like a super labour of love.
Will definitely give it a read.
Hope there's a solo part.
Thanks for sharing 👍👍👍👍👍
My faith in humanity is somewhat restored.😉
Keep it up.
Z

Hey Z! Thanks for the love! I hope you find the  game really worth your time and that you give it a go. Lots to explore. Solo (and cooperative mode) coming next year! Already got the ball rolling on those. Cheers!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2018, 02:15:24 AM »
Looks neat!

Lets say a person wanted to run some Daleks vs. Predators... which warband/faction would Daleks fall under?

a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza