Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:33:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689726
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (CoOp/Solo Expansion! Pg15)  (Read 45457 times)

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (Tourney Rep+NEW PDF)
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2019, 06:17:37 PM »
Thanks as always for both the rules and the effort and hard work you put into them

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2019, 11:33:07 PM »
I took a quick look at the new 2.1 pdf. It's great to have everything in one file and hyperlinked! The graphic design for the four special action icons is well done, as is the use of color for the various tables and insets. I also especially liked the included campaign roster sheet.

Please keep doing what you do!

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2019, 12:04:12 AM »
Having it all in a single file somehow brings more to mind the work that has gotten into this, thanks for doing it

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2019, 02:10:14 AM »
Thanks as always for both the rules and the effort and hard work you put into them

Thanks so much! I hope you’ve gotten to give the rules a proper go! If you do, let me know how you’re enjoying them! Anything in particular about the layout you like the most? Dislike?
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2019, 02:25:17 PM »
I took a quick look at the new 2.1 pdf. It's great to have everything in one file and hyperlinked! The graphic design for the four special action icons is well done, as is the use of color for the various tables and insets. I also especially liked the included campaign roster sheet.

Please keep doing what you do!

Thanks Kontuz! I always appreciate your encouragement and supporting the game! I too love the new layout. Much easier to work with on the go and it reads nicely. Thank you!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2019, 10:23:43 AM »
Having it all in a single file somehow brings more to mind the work that has gotten into this, thanks for doing it

Thanks jherazob! The main rules only take up 12 pages, so I always felt like the project was pretty small. But when I put them together with all the supplemental materials, and was editing as one document—even being the author—I was blown away that that the book totaled over 100 pages! Was really taken aback by that. Thanks for the love and appreciation for the game and hard work! That’s what makes it all worth it to me!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2019, 04:46:35 PM »
Hey everyone! Update and a big question:

So my newborn daughter had a stroke three days after birth and was in the NICU for the past 14 days. By the grace of God, she survived and was left relatively unharmed in any serious way except for regular seizures (which are under control now by common seizure medication). She was released yesterday, and is now doing great. Naturally, this event totally put me out of commission for multiple weeks. Also, this event has drastically altered my family’s timetable for the rest of this year and next. I am going back to the USA a year earlier than planned and will then be back in Southeast Asia a year sooner.

All the cards on the table: I wanted to Kickstart a proper, small-batch, full-color, hard-covered Star Breach rulebook in the fall of 2020, when I was back in the states late next year. Now it looks like I’ll be back THIS YEAR in August 2019, but gone for another two years starting January 2020. So I’m in a bit of a weird timing issue: I want to make a book, but I wanted some more time, but now If I wait, I’ll be waiting for waaaaay too much time. Haha.

Apart from some *exclusive* scenarios and rules expansions, the text of the book is pretty much ready to roll, and I have five incredible artists from all over the globe currently making artwork for the book (very small, incredible sample below by one of our artists, PanPingTing). It’s gonna be fantastic. The core game rules will still remain forever free online in PDF, but without the artwork, expanded scenarios and expansion rules, and legit rulebook feel (plus other tabletop goodies).

SO HERE’S THE QUESTION:

If an official Star Breach hard-cover rulebook was printed THIS FALL/WINTER, along with other cool things like special order dice and tokens, would you Kickstart it and support it among your gaming circles? And if you did, what would you hope to get and how much would you pay for it all?

Thanks for helping me out with this and supporting our beloved game! Cheers!

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
Damn, dude, that's tough, glad she's OK now.

As for the KS, i for one would let people know, no doubt about it. I'm in Europe though, so not sure i'd go with a physical pledge as shipping might raise it too much, i'd probably go with whatever digital-only pledge is available.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Sorry to hear about your daughter, glad that her seizures are under control.
RE the kickstarter, I probably wouldn't be a backer for much the same reason as jherazob, being in UK.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2019, 04:29:37 AM »
I was following a just completed KS for Zone Raiders. I think it used a good format that you might want to pick over for your own use. That campaign got a very nice boost when they were able to show it off at the Las Vegas Open convention while in mid campaign, where they demoed the rules and made a youtube video to share on KS.

Best of luck to you and your family.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:39:26 AM by Kontuz »

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Wow, that medical issue must have been a real trial. Best wishes- it sounds pretty scary.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Damn, dude, that's tough, glad she's OK now.

As for the KS, i for one would let people know, no doubt about it. I'm in Europe though, so not sure i'd go with a physical pledge as shipping might raise it too much, i'd probably go with whatever digital-only pledge is available.

Thanks for the love! My daughter is now doing absolutely wonderful and showing very little signs of residual effects. Very thankful.

I will be launching the KS this fall, indeed. I think you may be surprised by the price (in a good way) when all is said and done. Will keep you posted! And, as always, the digital PDF version of the ruleset will still be free! :)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Sorry to hear about your daughter, glad that her seizures are under control.
RE the kickstarter, I probably wouldn't be a backer for much the same reason as jherazob, being in UK.

Thank you for the support! My daughter is doing wonderful now. As I had mentioned to jherazob, I think you will find the price point fairly competitive when the KS launches in the fall. I'll keep everyone posted! :)

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
Thanks for the love! My daughter is now doing absolutely wonderful and showing very little signs of residual effects. Very thankful.
I will be launching the KS this fall, indeed. I think you may be surprised by the price (in a good way) when all is said and done. Will keep you posted! And, as always, the digital PDF version of the ruleset will still be free! :)
Looking forward to it then :)
I do suspect it'd be a good idea to have somebody spreading the word in the wargaming conventions, even if it's just a friend running demos somewhere. Adepticon and Salute are over, what's the next one, GenCon? I've never been able to attend any so i'm not keeping tabs on them

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant

Great news. I look forward to the launch.

If you haven't already you should consider reaching out to people who put on good independent reviews of miniature skirmish games and see if they have an interest in reviewing your work. I'm thinking of people like Joel Eddy of Drive Thru Games and Ash Barker of Guerrilla Miniature Games.

Best of luck in all you do.