Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:54:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (CoOp/Solo Expansion! Pg15)  (Read 45099 times)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Brilliant, this I will be looking forward to!

So glad to hear it! Already have an awesome update coming in a few!
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
So here’s a super fun reveal for the upcoming Star Breach KS in October! As many of you know, the game’s initiative system is an order dice draw. You can always use regular D6 dice for order dice, but these KS exclusive sets are gonna be an awesome alternative! The symbols are useful for other games as well, and since they’re numbered, they’re still great for active rolling as well!

These are the factory pre-production samples. The black dice may end up with a lighter blue ink in the end. The sets will come in packs of 12 dice. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
These look awesome. Only thing that troubles me is that 350 copies will sell pretty fast. I hope i get a pledge.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
These look awesome. Only thing that troubles me is that 350 copies will sell pretty fast. I hope i get a pledge.

That currently is the only drawback I can see to, beyond possibly postage..

Still nice dice idea, and always can use another cap

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH

I certainly hope we can move 350 copies! And I hope you can help us! Haha. I think you’re much more optimistic than I am, as I think there will be enough for everyone who’s currently interested, and then some. But I’d love to be wrong! Haha.

If I am wrong, there is a very strong possibility we can expand the order number in increments of 10 or so. So if we see enough overage interest, we can most likely work something out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:52:46 AM by Burma44 »

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Sweet I'll be grabbing some dice and hopefully a rulebook. Be good to rep official merch  :).

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
That currently is the only drawback I can see to, beyond possibly postage..

Still nice dice idea, and always can use another cap

Thanks! We have an interesting solution for international shipping, which will involve a flat rate (at the expense of a bit of my profit margin for those more difficult locations) and introducing international pledges a bit higher in the tiers, where enough material is sent for a group of players and not just one. Thus, if friends go in together, they will get a WAY better shipping rate than if I allowed single bits and bobs to go out in expensive small packages for only one player at a time. I think peeps will dig it! :)

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
I will be! I'll be running demos of Star Breach on both Friday and Saturday! Would love to meet you there. We'll be doing a raffle for a squad of minis each day as well! Bring a friend and let's battle!

Looks like I'll be able to make it, I have family not too far away.
Not much prospect for bringing along any friends though.

Do you know the times for the demos, so I can block off my calendar?

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Sweet I'll be grabbing some dice and hopefully a rulebook. Be good to rep official merch  :).

Darathar, I would be honored if you did so! Still absolutely love your sci-fi characters progression. All perfect models for Star Breach!

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (KS Announcement Pg9)
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2019, 04:21:33 AM »
I can see the Star Breach demo events are now listed on the Strategicon site. What's the format for the demos?

I'm thinking I can bring a warband or two, if that fits in with how you want to run the demos. What point levels will the games be played to?

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2019, 06:01:28 PM »
I can see the Star Breach demo events are now listed on the Strategicon site. What's the format for the demos?

I'm thinking I can bring a warband or two, if that fits in with how you want to run the demos. What point levels will the games be played to?

Hey Kontuz! Excited to see you there!

The demos will be on 2x2’ areas of play, and players will be playing with precomposed warbands that equal up to 90uc total. Basically, these games will give players a quick taste of the action without overwhelming them. It also means I can help teach up to 6 players at a time (in 1v1 settings) in a limited space. Gonna be super fun!

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2019, 02:10:55 AM »
I'm confirmed for Friday at Strategicon, look forward to seeing you there!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2019, 05:05:21 PM »
Star Breach had an AMAZING weekend out at War Room Games in Las Vegas and MaricopaCon in Phoenix! Overall, we demoed the game to over 35 different players and many, many more came by to checkout the action and get info on the game. Many players enjoyed the game so much that they came by to play again later in the day! It was a fantastic three full days of gaming, and now I’m even more excited to be demoing this week at StrategiCon’s Gateway in LA this weekend. Come out an play if you’ll be in the area!

Kickstarter for the hardcover coming October 2019!!! The PDF is as free as ever at starbreach.com

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (Convention Pics Pg10)
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2019, 04:14:03 PM »
Star Breach had yet another wonderful weekend out at StrategiCon’s Gateway LA 2019. Got to demo the game for another 20 new players, and I even got to play with lots of you guys here from the forum, which was awesome!

After seeing 25+ games between brand new players over two different convention weekends, we were really pleased to find just how well the ruleset held up. There was not a single major issue found, and many players came back for two or three games. Indeed, many players mentioned that they’d be very down to back the hardcover rulebook. Awesome! That being said, I did find a couple things that I think need a little tweaking towards perfection, so I’ve gathered my data and will be putting out one final version update (v2.3) this Thursday. This will be the last update to the PDF before the final draft of the rules for the hardcover book in October. Hope you all enjoy it! And thanks again to all the players I saw over the past couple weekends! It was a blast playing Star Breach together!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (Convention Pics Pg10)
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2019, 03:29:10 PM »
Two AWESOME announcements today:
1) As promised, v2.3 is now up for download on the website! This is the last rules update before our final draft in October for the hardcover book KS. Specific rule edits in comments.
2) I got mail. (See picture.) These lovely order dice will be broken into sets of twelve and available in different quantities through our Kickstarter in October. Looking good!