Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (CoOp/Solo Expansion! Pg15)  (Read 45086 times)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
THE STAR BREACH KICKSTARTER IS NOW LIVE!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starbreach/star-breach-hardcover-rulebook/description

And just in time for launch, here's a couple of sample pages from our artist and graphic designer, Jean-Francois Robert, to whet the appetite!
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (KICKSTARTER LIVE pg13)
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2019, 03:52:28 PM »
Will spread the word

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Re: STAR BREACH: The FREE Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2019, 06:06:33 PM »
So as many have already found, last night, with great certainty and a new hope moving forward, I chose to cancel the Star Breach Kickstarter campaign. We had an incredible first 24hours and hit over 40% funded, but there were a number of crucial mistakes in the structure of the project which would have ultimately made for a bumpy road towards final funding, if funding at all. For a more detailed assessment as to why I decided to cancel, you can check out the KS's second and final update. But, really, I think the reasons why I cancelled are actually best understood in light of the reasons why I am super excited to be relaunching a Flash Fund for the project on our website, at starbreach.com!

From next Tuesday, Oct 22, to Nov 12, Star Breach will be running a Flash Fund: where players can order the hardcover rulebook, a deluxe pdf rulebook, and any sets of order dice they wish, all in any bundle combination of their choosing. No limiting pledges. No minimum funding required. Shipping will be personalized for each backer, and everything ordered will still be shipped by early December this year, right in time for the holidays! Woot!

I'm also exploring the idea of regular distribution for order dice (with NEW COLORS!) and the deluxe pdf in the coming year. And of course, I am still planning on releasing HUNTERS, our co-op and solo missions expansion set in the Star Breach multiverse in the new year as well!

So all that to say, THANK YOU. Thank you all for your love and support of Star Breach! I really appreciate you sticking with me on this journey to put out some cool stuff for our beloved, FREE FOREVER, ruleset! By picking up a deluxe rulebook, you'll be supporting the game's growth and blessing our amazing artists, sculptors, and painters who put a lot of hardwork into making Star Breach look just as amazing as it plays! See you on the site next Tuesday!

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2019, 09:45:25 PM »
What'll be in the deluxe pdf rulebook? The same content as the freely available one, but with the new illustrations. or something else?

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »
The Flash Fund is now LIVE on our website! Check out starbreach.com/flashfund to pickup some order dice sets, a deluxe PDF, and a signed/numbered limited print hardcover rulebook. Extremely limited quantities, so order soon!

And here’s a big announcement: Starting next year, Star Breach and I will be officially joining the Slow Death Games family! This opportunity is incredibly exciting for me, as Chris and his team are longtime fans of Star Breach and masters of all things tabletop. In 2020, Slow Death Games will be publishing, stocking and distributing a Star Breach full color paperback and game accessories world wide as part of their games family, and I will join the team as a writing partner and games consultant. Lots of cool stuff to come, but one thing both Slow Death Games and I want you to know now: Star Breach will still have a stripped down PDF version of the rules on our website--FREE and forever available to players all over the world, from all walks of life. Thank you for the support and for celebrating this great news with us!

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
Re: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (Flash Fund & BIG NEWS pg13)
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2019, 03:43:53 PM »
And i'm in

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »
The Flash Fund is now LIVE on our website! Check out starbreach.com/flashfund to pickup some order dice sets, a deluxe PDF, and a signed/numbered limited print hardcover rulebook. Extremely limited quantities, so order soon!

I still have no idea what sets the deluxe PDF apart from the standard "stripped down PDF." Did I miss it mentioned somewhere on your web site?

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »
I still have no idea what sets the deluxe PDF apart from the standard "stripped down PDF." Did I miss it mentioned somewhere on your web site?

Hey Kontuz! So sorry I never got back to you about that. The Deluxe PDF includes all the formatting, artwork, and images of the Hardcover. The text content is virtually the same as the free, stripped PDF, but it looks a lot nicer! In the new year, the free rules online will be further stripped just bit, reducing the amount of scenarios that are included in the free rules. But that’ll be the only difference, long term. Thanks for the support, brother!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2019, 05:13:48 PM »
Hey all! So we’ve just finished up our first week of the Flash Fund! Thank you to all who have backed the project thus far and made an order!
Starbreach.com/flashfund

Two things:
1. There are only 18 limited edition, signed/numbered hardcover books still available. Once they’re gone, they gone for good. So don’t wait to order one! Two weeks left!
2. Slow Death Games is helping us take credit card Flash Fund orders for those who don’t do PayPal. SDG is also publishing and distributing the book and accessories in early 2020, but this will be the retail paperback and will not be available until a few months from now. Plan accordingly.

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2019, 12:06:28 AM »
Reading through Star Breach. I'm liking what I'm seeing, but, I'm having a hard time creating teams. I have mild dyslexia and I'm wondering if anyone has some sample team sheets they would be willing to share so I can see how things piece together. (Most of my games I've been shown how to play, but this is one I'm going to have to bring to others to get them to play).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2019, 03:45:42 PM »
Reading through Star Breach. I'm liking what I'm seeing, but, I'm having a hard time creating teams. I have mild dyslexia and I'm wondering if anyone has some sample team sheets they would be willing to share so I can see how things piece together. (Most of my games I've been shown how to play, but this is one I'm going to have to bring to others to get them to play).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Glad we could work this one out for ya via the FB group! Cheers!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2019, 03:55:13 PM »
Today is the final day to back our Flash Fund! Only TWO signed/numbered Hardcover books left! If you’ve been waiting, you’ve got less than 18hours to get a book, some custom order dice and/or deluxe PDF before the new year. Cheers!
starbreach.com/flashfund

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2019, 02:10:07 PM »
Hi! Quick suggestion: On the homepage you repeatedly state "Forever Free to Play", and above the PDF download link there's the "Purchase deluxe PDF" one, but i don't easily see why would a random passerby choose the Deluxe version over the standard one, you might want to put somewhere visible a clarification as to why would anybody choose to pay for it, differences and all that.

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2019, 10:37:45 PM »
Tabletop Minions just released a video giving out "Awards" for various hobby related events or products for this past year. Star Breach made it in there at the very end, with a good summary of why it's worth a look over.

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2019, 01:07:45 AM »
Tabletop Minions just released a video giving out "Awards" for various hobby related events or products for this past year. Star Breach made it in there at the very end, with a good summary of why it's worth a look over.

Edit: Looks like the forum automatically converts my direct timestamped link to an embed, so manually jump to 13 minutes 42 seconds in the video:

Direct link to 13 minutes 42 seconds in the video where he starts talking about it.

Very nice description.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 01:09:25 AM by jherazob »