Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:08:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (CoOp/Solo Expansion! Pg15)  (Read 45096 times)

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Re: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (Flash Fund & BIG NEWS pg13)
« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2019, 11:23:29 PM »
This game has jumped to the top of my "Must try" list for 2020.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Re: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (Flash Fund & BIG NEWS pg13)
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2019, 04:09:35 PM »
Hey Star Breach Gamers!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the Holidays! Just a quick update on the status of the Flash Fund Hardcover books and then a couple of cool notes.

The official 1st Edition of Star Breach was released a couple weeks ago. This will be the definitive edition for at least the next several years. The limited edition hardcover books and all remaining Flash Fund orders will ship the week of January 6th. They are currently with the printers now, and the book is looking fantastic! Many of you have already seen the deluxe PDF and are enjoying that. All the rules in the Free PDF, deluxe PDF, LE Hardcover and soon to be released retail Paperback have been perfectly synchronized. To some of yours questions: the deluxe PDF is super beautiful and thorough with additional/auxiliary rules, and the free PDF is straightforward and condensed.

Another awesome thing that happened recently (and many of you have already seen) to help close-out a wonderful 2019 for Star Breach was that we won an award! Uncle Atom at Tabletop Minions chose Star Breach as a best game of 2019!!! That’s awesome! We all already love Star Breach and know just how fun it is, but it’s very cool to receive some recognition from one the industry’s big influencers. Very exciting!

And 2020 is going to be another fantastic year for Star Breach, as we partner with Slow Death Games to put out our official softcover rulebook and order dice for retail. Star Breach will for sure be featured at both Adepticon and Salute this year, and we hope to have games popping up all over the world at different conventions and gaming groups. And so much more is still to come!!! Thanks for supporting Star Breach and playing our game! 
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hey Burma, the link is dead but curious to know are there any of the hardbacks left for purchase?

Grimm

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
So sorry, brother, but these have all been spoken for. Sorry I missed this message, as I had one available until a few days ago. Maybe you found another way to hit me up and you were the one to get it? So hard to tell with all the internet names floating about. Haha!

But if you did miss out, fear not! The retail soft cover is coming soon via Slow Death Games. And the deluxe PDF and Order Dice are out now with Slow Death Games via the website. Cheers!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
So sorry, brother, but these have all been spoken for. Sorry I missed this message, as I had one available until a few days ago. Maybe you found another way to hit me up and you were the one to get it? So hard to tell with all the internet names floating about. Haha!

But if you did miss out, fear not! The retail soft cover is coming soon via Slow Death Games. And the deluxe PDF and Order Dice are out now with Slow Death Games via the website. Cheers!
Hello. Nope wasn't me. As for names, there is only one of me.
But interested in the hardback version.  Snag another let me kmow.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
With the limited edition hardcover in the wraps and fully delivered, very excited to announce that the Star Breach retail softcover, published by Slow Death Games, is officially taking preorders RIGHT NOW via Kickstarter!!! With less than 24hours into the campaign and well over halfway funded, the preorder price has gaming groups snapping up books like hot cakes! The campaign is also selling the Star Breach custom order dice, which is especially cool for those who missed out on getting a few sets during the Flash Fund. And there’s retail pledges, and add-ons... and, ah! Just go for it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/slowdeathgames/star-breach-soft-cover-rulebook?ref=co9zdw&token=8a2326e4

Also, in other news, a one-sheet FAQ has been released on the website today to help with a few common questions. This FAQ will be updated every few months or so if/when a new situation or question comes up. Also—Star Breach will indeed be featured at both Adepticon and Salute this year, so be sure to track us down! Thanks for supporting our beloved ruleset. Enjoy!

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
Re: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (Softcover KS! Pg14)
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2020, 08:32:43 AM »
Almost funded already, nice! Good luck!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2020, 02:39:23 PM »
Almost funded already, nice! Good luck!

Thank you, kindly! And on that note, very VERY excited to announce:

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2020, 03:59:09 PM »
150% Funded!
7 Days Left!

Thank you for supporting Star Breach!
Starbreach.com

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
Re: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (KS funded in 48! Pg14)
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2020, 06:52:08 PM »
I knew this would go beyond just funded :)

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2020, 11:08:00 PM »
Jumped in on this missed the hardcover not missing it again  :)

Gabbi

« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2020, 01:21:15 PM »
Me too. And the just announced they'll send Deluxe PDF to all backers:-*

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2020, 04:18:38 PM »
I have backed it and as a result, two of my friends have as well.

Played my first game recently and love the simplicity.

For those who want a sort of very brief overview I would say it's a mix of a few different games you may know - watch a youtube vid to form your own view just in case mind.

It works on the basis of competing die rolls. In a similar way to say, Frostgrave. Roll 2d6, add your initiative. The defender rolls 2d6 and adds theirs, then add bonuses. Activation is random dice draw at which point you give one of 6 orders to one of your units. So for me, Frostrave with 2d6 and no treasure meets Bolt Action / GoA.

The mechanics are so simple it allows the detail to be in special rules which arguably makes the factions more unique but without being overly complicated.

Fast and furious too. I'd say that with experience you can easily get a couple of games done in a typical club night of 3-4hrs at least - we tend to chat a bit at our club.

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2020, 02:23:11 AM »
Jumped in on this missed the hardcover not missing it again  :)
Me too. And the just announced they'll send Deluxe PDF to all backers:-*
I knew this would go beyond just funded :)

Thank you three for the kind support! I cannot believe how far the KS has come and still with 3 days to go! And it’s all thanks to players like you! Cheers!

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2020, 06:54:28 AM »
There is a favorable review and play-through  video made by Gaminggeek this week.

Spoiler, he finds StarBreach a 9/10 for sci-fi skirmish. :) I think he may have got a few points of the rules wrong, but can't fault his enthusiasm.