Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (CoOp/Solo Expansion! Pg15)  (Read 45103 times)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Re: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (KS funded in 48! Pg14)
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2020, 12:47:08 PM »
I have backed it and as a result, two of my friends have as well.

Played my first game recently and love the simplicity.

For those who want a sort of very brief overview I would say it's a mix of a few different games you may know - watch a youtube vid to form your own view just in case mind.

It works on the basis of competing die rolls. In a similar way to say, Frostgrave. Roll 2d6, add your initiative. The defender rolls 2d6 and adds theirs, then add bonuses. Activation is random dice draw at which point you give one of 6 orders to one of your units. So for me, Frostrave with 2d6 and no treasure meets Bolt Action / GoA.

The mechanics are so simple it allows the detail to be in special rules which arguably makes the factions more unique but without being overly complicated.

Fast and furious too. I'd say that with experience you can easily get a couple of games done in a typical club night of 3-4hrs at least - we tend to chat a bit at our club.

Thanks for the fantastic review!!! Glad to hear you’re enjoying Star Breach! Cheers!
Creator of Star Breach and NCO Tabletop Games: starbreach.com

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2020, 12:51:29 PM »
3 Days Left! Quickly coming up on 300% funded. So so amazed. So so grateful! Join the fun via our website: starbreach.com

Offline Kontuz

• Assistant
Re: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (KS 3Days Left. 275%!)
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2020, 07:09:33 AM »
Ash Barker of Guerrilla Miniature Games put out a review video today. He does a thorough job, as usual.

He mentions there'll be a "Let's Play" segment featuring a game playthrough soon. Looking forward to that.

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2020, 10:22:15 PM »
Kickstarted just funded at 411% of the goal, so congratulations! :D

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2020, 01:32:42 AM »
Incredible Numbers! All I can say is thank you to Slow Death Games, and THAN YOU for playing Star Breach! This is only the beginning!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2020, 04:19:10 AM »
Jumped in on this missed the hardcover not missing it again  :)
Did i miss it a second time?
Where was it?

Grimm

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
Re: STAR BREACH: The Multiverse Sci-Fi Skirmisher (KS funded at 410%! Pg15)
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2020, 03:00:50 PM »
Did i miss it a second time?
Where was it?
You missed the softcover KS Elijah linked above, but Slow Death Games will take the distribution of it and the dice, so no worries.

Also, in case you Reddit, somebody just created a subreddit for Star Breach.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2020, 04:13:07 AM »
You missed the softcover KS Elijah linked above, but Slow Death Games will take the distribution of it and the dice, so no worries.

Also, in case you Reddit, somebody just created a subreddit for Star Breach.
Thanks J,

I was curious on the hardcopy. The comment i was responding to made me thing the HB came available again.
I Like HC over SC.
Thanks for the Reddit link.

Grimm

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2020, 01:42:05 PM »
For fans of Star Breach and co-op/solo tabletop adventures comes our latest release announcement: Hunters! Hunters uses a lot of similar Star Breach gameplay but moves the action from “player vs. player” to “players vs game” in a high-stakes, multiple objectives, missions based rpg-lite. The free demo rules are entirely complete and come with the first full mission: “Mission 0”. Eventually the game will feature 12 full missions. All missions can be played with 1 to 5 players.

Get your free demo copy now, play through Mission 0 a few times and let me know how you like it! starbreach.com/hunters Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:09:34 PM by Burma44 »

Offline jherazob

• Assistant
Looks like the URL is case-sensitive, change it to lowercase and it works :)

Will give a look at this after work :)

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Looks like the URL is case-sensitive, change it to lowercase and it works :)

Will give a look at this after work :)

Sorry about that! Thanks for the heads up! I’ve fixed it now, and i’ll have a link from the homepage up at some point in the next 24hrs as well. Hope you enjoy it!

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
Hey Star Breach Gamers!

So I am well aware I’ve been super quiet/secretive over the past couple months. There’s the global level things *glancesandshrugsinliterallyevery direction* of course, but my personal life has been very busy as well. That said, I have also actually been very busy (late at night) on tabletop game creating! I’ve been writing and editing like crazy, and I’m genuinely really excited for what’s in store for the rest of the year! I can’t spill everything all at once right here, but here’s some listed updates:

1. As foretold many moons ago, the official Star Breach Errata (from March) has now been fully integrated into the Free PDF ruleset on our website! Yay! So just download one doc and enjoy. The official FAQ/Errata will still be on the page as it impacts the printed works. From here on out, we’ll probably update the game with two further errata over the course of a couple years. Those updates will be to strictly to keep all warbands competitive as balance issues come to light with mass play. We won’t be doing a second edition for at least three years, so take it slow and enjoy!

2. Hunters is coming along great! We should have Missions 1 & 2 added and a beta version of the free book released online sometime next month! This will be the foundation on which we want to see more play-testing done before finalizing a 3 Mission Free PDF of the core game and then launching preorders for the full 12 Mission Deluxe Rulebook in the late Fall/Winter. Woot!

3. I’ll be honest in that I’m not certain where we’re at with our translated versions of Star Breach. I’m not being pushy considering the circumstances of the past 6 months and the fact these teams are doing the work for just for fun. I’d love to see Star Breach in French, Spanish, Italian, and German, but I think those all need a bit more time now than we originally planned for.

4. SDG has a really cool “merch” update coming down the pipeline. Keep an eye out!

4. Last, but definitely not least, I’m almost done writing the alpha version of an entirely NEW tabletop game! It should be ready for a soft announcement and serious play-testing by next week. Slow Death Games and I are going to put together a private group of testers who will get super early access to the ruleset and be responsible for reporting playtime reflections over a 4-6 month period. The group will be small (roughly 30-40players max). If you’re very serious about putting a new game through the fire, then contact Chris or I directly sometime this week. We’re gonna be choosy, so no offense if we can’t fit ya in. All in good time!

That’s what I’ve got for now. Exciting stuff in the months to come! Thank you for playing Star Breach!

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
This looks pretty great, it would be a great way of saving money too, that way I could make my army smaller so it could be divided into warbands instead of having to follow all the army structuring guides they have in Wh40k

Offline Burma44

• Librarian
    • STAR BREACH
This looks pretty great, it would be a great way of saving money too, that way I could make my army smaller so it could be divided into warbands instead of having to follow all the army structuring guides they have in Wh40k

Thanks TripleBackflip! Yes, many of our players really enjoy the game for that reason: it's model demand is not too heavy, and you can play with whatever models you’d like. Every time you purchase new models for another sci-fi game, they have an opportunity to pull double duty with the free Star Breach rules. :)