Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:07:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686585
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Life in the Govenor's Mansion/28mm  (Read 1369 times)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Life in the Govenor's Mansion/28mm
« on: April 12, 2018, 07:49:04 PM »
Several years ago I did a large pirate collection which, as is my practice, I turned into a diorama-style layout and photographed as a gallery posted on my vanity website.  Once completed I shifted my miniatures focus to other subjects, but never really lost my love of the pirates and so over time I have added figures to collections which were never included in the original gallery.  My galleries tend to be large as are my collections, but I’ve decided that from time to time I need to add a small gallery that will allow me to display figures and ideas left unphotographed when the major/large gallery was done.  “Life in the Governor’s Mansion” is the first of these small galleries.  Most of the figures are by Foundry, Eureka, and Jackdaw Miniatures (the dancers), but there are pieces from Old Glory, Reaper, and Heroclix (the game board).  The room is a three-piece setting (floor and two walls from Evergreen and JTT Plastic) and the windows are from a broken toy found at my local swap meet.  The pictures are not up to the standard of my large galleries because these were taken by me rather than my daughter who is the real talent when it comes to using the camera, but for these small catch-up galleries I’ll do my best.
My vanity website currently has 19 large galleries (13 galleries that are 15mm military & historical and 6 galleries that are 28mm Pulp/Adventure/Victorian).  You can see them at www.warin15mm.com  IMG_1676 by Richard Garretson, on FlickrIMG_1681 by Richard Garretson, on FlickrIMG_1682 by Richard Garretson, on FlickrIMG_1683 by Richard Garretson, on FlickrIMG_1684 by Richard Garretson, on FlickrIMG_1686 by Richard Garretson, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:19:13 AM by War In 15MM »

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Life in the Govenor's Mansion/28mm
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »
Marvellous!

Your galleries are stunning and very inspiring.
BTW your photos are as well as good.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:21:02 PM by argsilverson »
argsilverson

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:46:44 AM »
Ah, if only I could find such figures in 15/18 mm - musicians and dancers and the like.  It is to dream...

Sir, you are a bit of an artist it seems for methinks you had some hand in the canvas decorating one of the photographs above.  Though handling those little 28 mm brushes and paint tins must have been quite the challenge. 

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 07:14:59 AM »
Fantastic, the basing works surprisingly well . 👌 I would never have attempted it , but , you,ve carried it off . I,m loving it . 👍

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 07:55:58 PM »
Those are all very good, my fave being the fat bloke with gout.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:14:12 PM »
Brill  8)

Although the bases are bad for the eyes  o_o lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
Marvelous collection, as all your collections are! A frequent admirer of your blog! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 08:55:29 PM »
Beautiful! The entire collection is so story telling!

Offline miltiades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 09:10:47 PM »
fantastic! As all of your works! But one has to see the whole town of yours!
Awwsome work

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 03:22:29 AM »
Thanks to all for taking the time to write and for the generous words.  These figures have been waiting awhile for their day in the sun.
Fifteensaway, I'm with you regarding the 15mm/18mm limitation; probably the reason I cross over to the 28mm from time to time.  Blue Moon has made progress, but the little guys haven't completely arrived yet.  Glad you like my tiny brush work.
6milPhil, I love the fat man with the gout too; Eureka does some great stuff.
jimbibbly, your work is wonderful; don't want my floor hurting the eyes of a talent like yours.
DintheDin, glad you enjoy my website.  I'll try to keep it worth visiting.  Since moving to a new provider the pictures are larger and posting is easier which has allowed me to add a Weekly Workbench section to the site.
Once again, thanks so much to all.  Richard