Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:11:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689489
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for proxy for The Expanse' Roscinante  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Hrothgar

• Scientist
  • "We grow old because we stop playing" - GBS
    • Cheshirekat's Hobby Corner
Looking for proxy for The Expanse' Roscinante
« on: March 07, 2018, 06:05:55 PM »
Hey everyone,

I am fleshing out a home-grown game loosely based on GF9's excellent Firefly board game and would really love to find some proxies for the corvette Roscinante from the TV show The Expanse. This has become one of my all-time favorite spaceship designs and am really hankering to have it represented on my game table. Currently, the only options I can find are those on Shapeways, which are WAY out of my budget range, especially for multiple copies.

So, does anyone know of an existing and currenltly available spaceship miniatures between 1-2" in length that is roughly similar in appearance to this ship?
Thanks in advance for your time and feedback!  :D

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Re: Looking for proxy for The Expanse' Roscinante
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 07:57:41 PM »
The STL files are free online, and there are sellers on eBay offering different-sized versions of the Roci. 

I don't know where you are, but eBay UK has one guy offering a 10cm print for £15.  I know, I know, that's 4".

There was also a model of the shop in February's LootCrate, again it looks about 4" long.  The model is all over eBay, and the going rate seems to be £5 - £15.  The paintjob is the Roci (no gas tanks) not the MCRN Corvette in your picture.

May be too big and too expensive for you though...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:02:35 PM by Momotaro »

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 09:35:07 PM »
This months lootcrate came with a model of it , I belive about 2-3 inches long.

Check ebay for this months lootcrate exclusive and you can probably get one, or if you're happy to pay the full price and get some extra junk,buy this months lootcrate before it stops! :)

(EDIT:just checked ebay for the expanse ship. there's bloody hundreds of them going unsold for a few quid. )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:40:35 PM by nic-e »
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 03:51:39 AM »
Wish I could give you details, but, aside from the thrust nozzle, and it might have that, I could swear there's a Silent Death ship that's pretty close, and closer to the scale you seek.

I'll try to do a scan of online images when I have some time.

Doug

PS You might have a look for a VERY old fig from TSR's Star Frontiers game of Knight Hawks. The Federation Frigate might do for you. Don't let the high offering prices of some folk scare you; they tend to be find-able at reasonable prices.

PPS Some Silent Death I think worth a look:
http://silent-death.mx/store/black-widow/
http://silent-death.mx/store/kali-dn/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:55:09 PM by The_Beast »

Offline KONNOC

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 12:29:25 AM »
A little large than your looking for, but a perfect match.  Maybe the creator can work out something for you in the size you want.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/speed?section=The+Expanse&s=0

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:52:45 AM »
It is a neat looking little vessel.

I'll have to look up the other ones in the series too, since frequently they're hard to see, by design, to cover up the CGI work on them.

Best bet, other than Shapeways or e-Bay is probably the Starship Combat News forum.  I suspect there are more than a few people interested in the series, and the vessels/troops from them.

There are a number of people that scratchbuild, and/or create limited production runs of various ships from Sci-Fi.

I want some of their battle-armored troops, as well, in 15mm, and/or 25mm/28mm scales.