Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Setting the east ablaze reference sheet  (Read 3137 times)

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
Setting the east ablaze reference sheet
« on: April 13, 2018, 10:02:17 AM »
Recently purchased this ruleset, only to find out it was the 1st edition. I was led to believe there was a quick reference sheet that came with it but mine didn't have one. Can someone send a link to where the online one is? I can't seem to track it down. Also,How different are the first ed rules from the second? Thanks for any help.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Setting the east ablaze reference sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 08:28:03 AM »
Recently purchased this ruleset, only to find out it was the 1st edition. I was led to believe there was a quick reference sheet that came with it but mine didn't have one. Can someone send a link to where the online one is? I can't seem to track it down. Also,How different are the first ed rules from the second? Thanks for any help.

Second edition is very different...
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 04:04:11 PM »
Second edition is very different...

Right, so messed up ordering from Caliver books then? I take it the reference sheet will be useless then? Is there a 1st edition ref sheet somewhere?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:13:19 PM by General M@yhem »

Offline Shardifier

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »
I'd suggest contacting Caliver and asking them about it.

I know that there were some threads about this subject before on here although it's not ideal (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=84591.0), but if nobody has any objections (Ignatieff?) someone could always scan the 1st ed. sheet.

What got you interested in Back of Beyond, General M@yhem?

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 07:11:40 PM »
I also never got the reference sheet when I ordered it from Caliver (was some time ago though)
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 09:16:50 PM »
I also never got the reference sheet when I ordered it from Caliver (was some time ago though)

I contacted Caliver, they just told me I could download it online’ somewhere’ but I can’t find anything.

Offline Sir Rodney Ffing

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 08:28:14 AM »
General - the first edition of StEB came with a double-sided card playsheet tucked into the middle of the book.  The second edition has a four page QRS, but it is bound in and needs to be photocopied.  Unless you specifically ordered the first edition, it might be worth returning it to Caliver and asking for the second edition instead.  If you want to keep the first edition, I hope you paid less than the cost of the current version  :)

I can't help with the online location of a first edition playsheet, but Ignatieff is the BoB moderator and also the author of StEA.  It may need a PM to get his attention, but if he can't tell you where to find it no one can.

Good luck!

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 05:53:19 AM »
General - the first edition of StEB came with a double-sided card playsheet tucked into the middle of the book.  The second edition has a four page QRS, but it is bound in and needs to be photocopied.  Unless you specifically ordered the first edition, it might be worth returning it to Caliver and asking for the second edition instead.  If you want to keep the first edition, I hope you paid less than the cost of the current version  :)

I can't help with the online location of a first edition playsheet, but Ignatieff is the BoB moderator and also the author of StEA.  It may need a PM to get his attention, but if he can't tell you where to find it no one can.

Good luck!

Sound advice. As someone who also never got a playsheet in his first edition, I have sympathy with you all. Our group created our own. It’s really not difficult. Second edition has, as stated above, four pages to be photocopied. This also works well. I suggest printing it on card, and if your eyes are anything like mine, make it A3 sized. As regards the ordering of the wrong edition, I suggest contacting Caliver Books and explaining your mistake. They are genuinely helpful folk

Offline Shardifier

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 11:01:19 AM »
As I did get a copy of the cheat sheet when I got my copy, is anyone against me scanning it?

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 01:31:47 PM »
Not at all. But it is for the first edition, which is quite different to the second edition.

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 05:41:32 PM »
As I did get a copy of the cheat sheet when I got my copy, is anyone against me scanning it?

I'd appreciate a copy if that is at all possible/allowed?

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 05:46:21 PM »
Sound advice. As someone who also never got a playsheet in his first edition, I have sympathy with you all. Our group created our own. It’s really not difficult. Second edition has, as stated above, four pages to be photocopied. This also works well. I suggest printing it on card, and if your eyes are anything like mine, make it A3 sized. As regards the ordering of the wrong edition, I suggest contacting Caliver Books and explaining your mistake. They are genuinely helpful folk

Unfortunately, I ordered it through Caliver's ebay. They explained to me, when I contacted them, that because it was cheaper, it didn't have the reference sheet insert. I know I can make my own but it was more the principle of the thing. Anyway, it didn't seem like they were too keen to offer me a refund so I'll have to suck it and see. I may splash out on the 2nd edition but at the moment I'm more annoyed with myself for being so daft. :-[

Offline Shardifier

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 07:12:19 PM »
Will try and sort out a scan today or tomorrow  :)

Offline Shardifier

• Assistant
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 10:19:23 AM »
Try this  :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v_3tpSFvnfSlVaJITGFUJvvZ9-Jd9CE4/view?usp=sharing

(I know it's slightly wonky, but I got all the tables in)

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »
Try this  :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v_3tpSFvnfSlVaJITGFUJvvZ9-Jd9CE4/view?usp=sharing

(I know it's slightly wonky, but I got all the tables in)
[/quot
Lovely.Thanks very much. 😊