Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686605
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic Perry mounted knights HYW 3-Ups!!!  (Read 8582 times)

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
Re: Plastic Perry mounted knights HYW 3-Ups!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »
I think facebook said you could make 12 men at arms from the box. It says the bodies are separate from the legs.

Even more interestingly, it said SOME of the bodies are separate to the legs whilst some are not, and SOME have separate left reign arms and some don't.

As for the mounted archers, I think if they've got some more lightly armoured bodies there, why the hell not throw in a couple of right arms with bows too?

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2018, 06:27:25 AM »
I expect the intent is to not only allow mounted archers, but also valets de guerre and the less wealthy of the men at arms to be made from the set too. Cap-a-pie 'White Harness' was hardly ubiquitous amongst what we call 'men at arms' now.

Good point, I’m thinking more like a painter than a converter.
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2018, 06:30:33 AM »
These look amazing, been really looking forward to this set. Very happy to see Alan has included parts for mounted archers and more lightly armed troops on the frame.

Steve

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2018, 08:38:06 AM »
Good point, I’m thinking more like a painter than a converter.

As Charlie said, the addition of a bow-holding right arm (and presumably an arrow bag) to the sprue is no big deal if it creates another option. I imagine replacing the bow with a spear wouldn't be an issue.

Based on the WotR boxes, I'm sure we'll be spoiled by the options offered.  :)

Offline Wellington Bonaparte

• Scientist
  • Strike Sure
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2018, 10:15:56 PM »
Absolutely superb as usual bythe twins!
Stand Fast - Strike Sure -  Carry On - Bydand

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2018, 11:11:47 AM »
As for the mounted archers, I think if they've got some more lightly armoured bodies there, why the hell not throw in a couple of right arms with bows too?

Certainly agree, if there is sprue space available - and those parts do not take very much of it. Also, they already did it for the 1450-1500 light cavalry set.

In any case, they are essentially an optional extra, those who don't want mounted archers can instead use the arms with pointy sticks.

Also, having extra bow arms left over from this kit will allow for mixing them with the bodies from the earlier infantry kits to provide more variety in archer units. I guess the release of this cavalry set will also result in added sales of the previous infantry sets when modellers want to mix leftover cavalry bits with infantry bodies.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2018, 09:57:30 PM »
Those certainly look tasty. I better get stuck back in assembling some more of my 3 boxes of HYW spearmen...  ::)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2018, 06:45:42 AM »
These look great already and considering that one box can have so many options is absolutely fantastic. One box to rule them all.

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2018, 11:12:59 AM »
Wonder about them, in February they talked more about Colonial and Napoleonic. Now this step in the different period.

This is hardly surprising, since Perry twins have been supposedly talking about a possible 1415-1429 cavalry set since spring 2016, soon after the release of the second plastic infnatry set for the same period.

Offline delbruck

• Scientist
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2018, 12:35:57 PM »
This certainly looks like a fantastic box. The one disappointment is it appears  there isn't any cloth bardings. It would be nice to have one (set) for the heraldry of a few nobles and/or leaders.