Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686463
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic Perry mounted knights HYW 3-Ups!!!  (Read 8575 times)

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Plastic Perry mounted knights HYW 3-Ups!!!
« on: April 14, 2018, 10:18:12 AM »
Finally!  :) :-*

From WSS facebook:

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
Re: Plastic Perry mounted knights HYW 3-Ups!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:42:17 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nice! No new horses, it seems :( Can't have it all :P

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 10:47:52 AM »
Oooh those look promising...well I mean it's perry it always looks promising...but still...oooh

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 10:51:11 AM »
I was very excited until I looked closely. Actually, there is not a lot new there.

The bodies, sword arms and heads look like they are from the existing Agincourt foot knights set.
The horse is the existing one from the plastic WOTR sets.
I think only the lance arm, the shield and the two sets of riders legs are new sculpts.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:54:22 AM by Mick_in_Switzerland »

Offline mTeasdale

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »
That is some very good news!

Do you know of any planned release date ?

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »

Yawn.

The WotR horses were never great.  I was hoping for new horses for these....

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 03:08:43 PM »
I was very excited until I looked closely. Actually, there is not a lot new there.

The bodies, sword arms and heads look like they are from the existing Agincourt foot knights set.
I think only the lance arm, the shield and the two sets of riders legs are new sculpts.

Why do they need to be all new sculpts? It's a gap in their plastic HYW line that they are filling I'm not fussed if my mounted knights look a lot like my foot knights.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
Why do they need to be all new sculpts? It's a gap in their plastic HYW line that they are filling I'm not fussed if my mounted knights look a lot like my foot knights.

I for one am actually glad if they look more alike. Easier to make mounted and dismounted versions of the same fellow.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 05:23:24 PM »
I'm sure there will be plenty new parts. I'm curious to see more and so far these look pretty nice!

Offline delbruck

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 05:57:06 PM »
I would really be surprised if we didn't get some new (barded) horses. It's not like the Perries to use only existing horses.

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 06:13:03 PM »
Hopefully someone at Salute talked with the Perry twins about this upcoming set? Maybe CaptainBlood?

I assume these will be available at the earliest at Salute 2019.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 06:29:15 PM »
I assume these will be available at the earliest at Salute 2019

Although Alan didn't give any release date (they never do, which is smart) I would guess these would be out before the end of 2018...perhaps around the Fall. So not long to wait.

I have put some more detailed photos up here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=108357.75

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 06:59:42 PM »
Although Alan didn't give any release date (they never do, which is smart) I would guess these would be out before the end of 2018...perhaps around the Fall. So not long to wait.

I have put some more detailed photos up here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=108357.75

Thank you! Those 3-ups look really good!

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 07:14:10 PM »

I don't think that's quite true - the sword arms all look new to me, and probably the left arms too. And how many times can you sculpt armoured torsos and arms from this period before they do all start to look very similar?

Nice! No new horses, it seems :(

It's true it would be nice to have new horses, even if just for more varieties. Especially if there were new horses that were a perfect match size wise with the WOTR, so you could mix both of them for both ranges.

The WotR horses were never great.  I was hoping for new horses for these....

But, really? I think the Perry plastic horses in generally are without a doubt the best out there. Admittedly I only have experience with their WOTR, so if you mean their other plastic horses from other ranges are better still, then I wouldn't know. But for medieval horses, the Perry WOTR plastics ones simply CANNOT be beaten in my eyes.

I would really be surprised if we didn't get some new (barded) horses. It's not like the Perries to use only existing horses.

What do they do with their numerous Napoleonic cavalry sets? Do they all use the same horses, or different equipment on the same horse bodies, or entirely new horse sculpts for each new set?

Another interesting thing is the fact that the left arms seem to be separate. On the WOTR heavy cavalry set they are sculpted on to the bodies, which I think made for much more realistic poses in terms of arms holding the reigns tight to the chest..... These ones seem like the WOTR light cavalry, which were aren't quite as realistic for this reason. Still, I guess it means more variety in terms of different styles of arm and body armour matchups.

Just seen on the other thread linked above that apparently there will be some new horse heads. This is VERY good news for me! More horse variety is good.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:15:45 PM by Charlie_ »

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 07:53:51 PM »
Excellent! I very much doubt they'll re-use many parts from previous sets - the amount of ever so slightly different sallets they did for the later Medieval range is somewhat insane, but does suggest they like that kind of thing. For conversion purposes, the separate left arm is very welcome. As is the entire set!
~Ad finem temporum~