Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic Perry mounted knights HYW 3-Ups!!!  (Read 8578 times)

Offline jauntyharrison

• Bookworm
Re: Plastic Perry mounted knights HYW 3-Ups!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 11:32:51 PM »
There never was much hope, just fool's hope, as I have been told.

I think many of us just quietly had faith that this was coming some day. There's something very cathartic about seeing evidence that it's coming.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 09:36:30 AM »
Hopefully someone at Salute talked with the Perry twins about this upcoming set? Maybe CaptainBlood?

Per my comment on the other thread:

Yep. Just seen them and had a quick chat with Michael and Alan. HYW mounted knights next. US WW2 Mediterranean theatre next after that. The knights will have the existing medieval plastic horses but with some new heads, and the riders may well be in two halves to allow further intermixing of parts. Yay  :)

The riders are all new sculpts. The horse frame is the same as the WOTR one, but as above, there will be some additional horse heads with new chamfrons. Barding / caparisons weren't mentioned.

But, really? I think the Perry plastic horses in generally are without a doubt the best out there. Admittedly I only have experience with their WOTR, so if you mean their other plastic horses from other ranges are better still, then I wouldn't know. But for medieval horses, the Perry WOTR plastics ones simply CANNOT be beaten in my eyes.

This. The Perry WOTR horses are streets ahead of any other plastic horses out there for the medieval period.

In terms of a release date, there was a very definite 'they're next' which would tend to suggest sooner rather than later. I'd guess this side of Christmas, certainly, if not sooner.

Offline delbruck

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »
There were two horse bards in each of the WOR men-at-arms sprues. Let's hope they duplicate the concept for the Agincourt mounted knights.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 12:21:18 PM »
They are pretty clever chaps, so glue on caparison sections might be doable. I hope so anyway, I need some for my WoTR box sets. Those late-type shields will get nicked for sure too, along with a few arms and leg sets.

;)

I'm sure they'll prove to be a popular set, I want some and I don't do Early 15th Century.  :)

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 02:26:01 PM »
From their newsletter:

Mounted Agincourt Knights 1415-29
These, designed by Alan, are next in line for plastic production. He’s only just started, so when more variants done we’ll show them.
The bodies are split so you can introduce a bit of movement from the waist as the helmets of the period didn’t allow the head much side to side movement. There may be one or with bodies and legs attached to allow a looser coat, fashionable during the period, to be included. There will be some bodies with fixed left arms and others with separate ones.  The idea is to fit as many variations of the riders as possible on one frame. You will also be able to use arms from the present Agincourt box sets with these.
The intension is to do one large frame as per the WotRs mounted men at arms. Horse armour was tending to go out of fashion during this period as fighting on foot became more popular, so space on the frame will dictate if any is included (although something probably will). Likewise cloth barding was usually now only reserved for commanders, kings and tourneys. Again it would be nice to include it if there is enough space.
The horses are Michaels’ WotRs horses. There was no need to remake these or make additional ones as the basic tack remained identical through most of the 15th century.  Alan plans on making a couple of additional horse heads with earlier chanfrons (as these were a little different) and shorter crinet on the neck.
Obviously no release date on these as they’re only just started.

Sounds great!

More pictures from their facebook page:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:29:06 PM by Tonhel »

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 05:00:41 PM »
They look very nice indeed. Do hope in the future we see a further set for lighter cavalry like they have for their later medieval range. A kit that allows you to build mounted archers and such would be amazing.

Steve

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »
I will most certainly buy some of these. Hope they do arrive in 2018.

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 07:10:41 PM »
Ooh, a falchion! Nice!

Offline Mark

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2018, 09:08:53 PM »
Amazing news... just what I was hoping for. Even better that they are next in the queue!

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 09:03:45 AM »
There were two horse bards in each of the WOR men-at-arms sprues. Let's hope they duplicate the concept for the Agincourt mounted knights.

Actually there are four sets of barding per sprue (two in Italian style, and another two in German style) on that sprue. It would certainly be nice to see something like that for this set - if they are going to do a full-size sprue for these then there should be lots of space available.

As for release date, I would not expect to see them out before early 2019, considering that they have been just started. And for comparison, plastic sets shown in Salute 2018 took around nine and twelve months until they were released.

Offline Johan

• Scientist
    • http://www.tsoa.be
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 10:22:38 AM »
I was told by Alan they would probably be ready by Crisis which is on november 3 this year.

Offline delbruck

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 11:12:26 AM »
Looking at the mounted men-at-arms sprue again, I have to say I forgot how loaded it is; twelve heads, three horses heads, and four bards. I hope this is duplicated on the HYW knights.

As far  most men-at-arms fighting dismounted and not needing barding misses the point - these are mounted men-at-arms. If the French kept a part of their knights mounted at Agincourt, presumbably these would have been the best equipped. In any case, I am sure many people using these knights might use them for Italian, German, Spanish or other armies that usually fought mounted. The more variety of barding the better.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 11:38:25 AM »
Commercially, I think that the bardings are a very good idea.
If I had access to plastic figures, I would paint up some of the famous mounted Knights with their heraldry on the barding.
That would mean that I need different sets for Agincourt, Battle of the Herrings, Patay etc.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
Splendid. Now, I was just about to glue together my last WotR cav.. to wait for new bits, or just accept the need of another set when these arrive? Not even too intersted in cavalry, but they sure look nice...
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 07:49:44 AM »
So. Bloody. Nice.

If I had a fairy godmother (or is it a genie?), one of my three wishes would be that the Perrys made dark ages figures.  ;D