Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Good day had at Salute 2018  (Read 1071 times)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Good day had at Salute 2018
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:59:11 PM »
Just got back home from Salute. Had a very enjoyable day of gaming, buying and meeting a few LAFers and traders.  I saw some breathtaking layouts, I don't think anybody can complain that the visual standards have dropped this year. I took a few pics, I will try to get them up on the thread tomorrow.
It seemed to me to be a relaxed atmosphere this year, but maybe that was just me? I had time to chat to people this year and got a whole participation game in as well. many thanks to Simon and his team (sorry forgot names) on the For King and Parliament game.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Re: Good day had at Salute 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:08:12 AM »
Very enjoyable show but I couldn’t say it was relaxed, between running the game and talking to people I don’t think I drew breath until about 3pm and that’s the first time I’ve spent more on beer in the evening* than on figures in the day  lol

Get photos up, I want to see what I missed!

*strictly on medical grounds to restore the voice.
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Good day had at Salute 2018
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 04:40:28 AM »
Hope your medicinal beverage did the trick! Unfortunately when I got my photos uploaded to my laptop to have a proper look at them they are all rubbish and out of focus. Others beat me to it and took much better ones! So sorry nothing to see here folks....I did have a great day though.