Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Is Partizan at Newark good for fantasy minis?  (Read 1039 times)

Offline JNorton

• Student
Is Partizan at Newark good for fantasy minis?
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:37:34 PM »
Hi,

A friend of mine suggested going to a trade fair, salutes just gone I believe and traveling down to London would be a trek, but as I'm in North Notts and he's over on the east coast (UK!) it's not that had a drive, I think there's also one over at York.

For me it's about the minis, I couldn't give a hoot about the games and on the whole for my tastes it's fantasy or sci-fi, but it's also got to be 28mm plus.

Anyway given all that is it worth me going over to one of these, or is there a better on youd suggest?

Cheers

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Re: Is Partizan at Newark good for fantasy minis?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:36:23 PM »
Hammerhead at Newark Showground is more the Fantasy/SF show.  It's in a fortnight - April the 28th.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »
It's each to his own.
The only way to know if you'd like it. Is to attend. There are those who hit and run grabbing what ever they have on they're list,and leave. Then are those who wander around aimlessly.

I'd recommend you take a look at the traders list. For Partizan(May same site as Hammerhead.)
As for the York show you've well and truly missed it . As its the first Sunday in February.

Partizan is well attended by clay pushers,and Lead belt goblins. Not to mention a fair scattering of forum members.

I'd recommend taking in the display games and talking to people. Even if your only a collector . You'll always find inspirational gems hidden away.

I'll be there,and enjoying plodding around.

Mark.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 10:56:10 PM »
Hammerhead at Newark Showground is more the Fantasy/SF show.  It's in a fortnight - April the 28th.

Hammerhead is a nice show, very relaxed. Apart from the dedicated traders you might be interested in, the flea market is pretty good for second hand SF and fantasy stuff I have found, you don't know what you might find .  You should go with an open mind, it's all gaming and miniatures related!
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline JNorton

• Student
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 06:38:46 AM »
Thanks all, hammerhead looks a bit more up my street and I'd not heard of it 😀

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 10:00:46 AM »
Thanks all, hammerhead looks a bit more up my street and I'd not heard of it 😀

You are lucky, because it's late this year- it got pushed back 6 weeks because of the snow. Be aware it is split between two buildings, you don't want to miss any of it! It really is a good friendly show.