Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battle of Granny Creek 1780  (Read 699 times)

Offline B6BosGO

• Librarian
    • Come on, my brave Fusiliers!
Battle of Granny Creek 1780
« on: April 17, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »

All Rev War gamers are familiar with the American disaster at Camden in 1780. While fascinating it is of very limited tactical options in my humble opinion. Sort of a line them up move forward game. How to fight it while making an Interesting game?  Move the battle a little up the road north of its actual site.  Historically the battle was fought where it was as both armies bumped into each other and set up at that point.  I am also giving Gates a chance to set up as he could have rather then following the historical deployment. From my reading Gates had planned on advancing on the British garrison at Camden and then digging in and waiting the British. That is what I am having Gates do here. Perhaps he will have a little better luck

Armies are in 25mm mostly Fife and Drum miniatures but a few Perry's. Rules used are my all-time favorite Loose Files and American Scramble. While not to everyone's taste I like these rules a lot and over the years they have given me many enjoyable games. I have altered the historical order of battle to combine smaller units into larger regiments. But I have kept the ratio of forces. The Americans have a larger army, but much of it is of poorer quality. The British army is smaller but contains more higher quality regiments.

http://bravefusiliers.blogspot.com/2018/04/battle-of-granny-creek-part-2.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:24:08 PM by B6BosGO »

Offline fusilierdan

• Librarian
Re: Battle of Granny Creek 1780
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:16:02 AM »
Great looking game.  I just picked up some F&D figures. They are outstanding!