Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:43:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686646
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 57225 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 02:41:55 AM »
CMoN sold off their range?!?

Checks the store...

>:( >:( >:(

Was there a sale I didn't know about? Prices look the same...

Kept putting off buying the Hydra and could've used another Golem... :-[

Didn't know about the 1 Euro pledge and add-ons, but the KS creators aren't explaining things clearly - no different than Rackham.  lol

They did a massive stocktake sale. It is still there though CMON still are selling confrontation minis.
I think I got the hydra for $24 and the dragon for $60.

The $1 pledge says "Thank you for your support ! As an Adventurer, you have access to the Add-ons and the late Pledge."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:43:30 AM by beefcake »

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 03:09:00 AM »
They did a massive stocktake sale. It is still there though CMON still are selling confrontation minis.
I think I got the hydra for $24 and the dragon for $60.

The $1 pledge says "Thank you for your support ! As an Adventurer, you have access to the Add-ons and the late Pledge."

Hydra for $24 and Dragon for $60?!?  :(

It'$299.99 now and 44 in stock...

I might be interested in the terrain pieces, but not for the PVC sculpts, though the $30-$45 shipping is a deal breaker - this is why I ordered in large quantities from Ludik years ago and participated in group orders from Rackham.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 06:03:39 AM »

And it seems that the first add-on will be the Goblins of Uraken ;)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 08:29:33 AM »
[OTTO]Disappointed!![/OTTO] >:(

Ah well; I suppose it was too much to ask for in all reality: a re-issue of all the original metal miniatures, with a total rewrite of the rules (translated right, with a well laid out book that makes sense, and doesn't just look pretty)... ::)

I think I can understand the reasoning behind their KS setup, and it works; we're less than a day in, and they're already funded twice over, basic funding being reached within 2 hours. But for those of us who have been investing in the original metal minis for years, a complete set of 178 miniatures, spread over all factions is not very interesting. Especially when issued in unglueable, bendy PVC (although €1,80 per miniature certainly is a good, Reaper Bones-like price point).

The only add-on so far (but I'm certain there will be many to come) is the 'Battle Set', with gaming aids for 2 players, a mat and 3 pieces of terrain (which you also get two(!) of in the basic pledge?). I think most will get that set just for the terrain, but, to me, it doesn't really stand out as being very specific Confrontation terrain. It's pretty generic, which is nice if you need it, but I already have enough comparable terrain pieces to get by, so it doesn't draw me in.

Here's to hoping that future add-ons will be comprised of more interesting items, like perhaps faction specific expansion miniature sets, or Confrontationy scatter terrain pieces perhaps.

Hey; a man can hope...  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »
It looks like it will easily hit all of the current stretch goals including the early bird extra faction... thats 219 minis if i counted right... $1.68 each... not bad at all... and that not including the dice, cards, terrain, boards, and bits.... i'm in it for sure... i have all of the lions, cynwall, and griffons armies in metal... i have some of the others... no goblins at all ... this will add to my collection substantially. Excited to see what other stretches they add.... TITAN DRAGON I HOPE!!!!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 03:11:58 PM »
I have a lot of their metal sculpts which are awesome. Unfortunately, there is no way I could afford this sweet deal.  :? However, if they start selling singles in brick and mortar stores I may buy some  8)

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 05:04:03 PM »
Depending on the quality of the actual figures, it would be a great deal.. for a club or so. Even as a bit of a collector, I see no need to have the full range, let alone in one go.
The "one big box" also makes me wonder how much support will exist beyond the kickstarter, although they say the same big box at least (minus stretch goals) will be available in stores.
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »
They are planning to re-write the rules in the near future.

I would love this to succeed and plenty more to be released in the future.  I have 3 large armies (Lions, Sessairs and Wolfen), so have no need of the big box.  Will be watching carefully to see what extra boxes are added as stretch goals and if the $1 pledge gives access to these, that might be the way I join it.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 09:17:36 PM »
I really just want more fomors

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 10:33:49 PM »
They are planning to re-write the rules in the near future.

I would love this to succeed and plenty more to be released in the future.  I have 3 large armies (Lions, Sessairs and Wolfen), so have no need of the big box.  Will be watching carefully to see what extra boxes are added as stretch goals and if the $1 pledge gives access to these, that might be the way I join it.

I think that’s also what I’ll do once there are options I would like to buy.
I have the same problem. I own several large (Wolfen, Orcs, Griffens) and small (Drunes, Devourer, Dwarfs, Cynwall) collections already. So why would I want to buy all these models again...in PVC of unknown quality?

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 03:41:47 AM »
i like the new stretch goals they have added... Tho I think they need to offer smaller goals of better dice, neoprene mats, different terrain items... The $ progress has greatly slowed, but I think after they give more details (assuming they are liked and positive) then there should be a decent pile in... Lots of $1 pledges... Lots of time still.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 07:31:29 AM »
If I read the reactions here right, they would be well off putting each faction set up as an add-on, and all those €1,- pledges will probably become a great deal larger. And I think that is the route they're taking.

I for one would probably buy a box or two of such add-ons to maybe round out my forces (Uraken, Cadwallon and Mid Nor, which I all have in metal), or even start one or two other forces I've always fancied (Wulfen and Sessair Kelts for instance, or bringing the Dirz and Griffin forces from the Hybrid and Nemesis boardgame up to strength).

But certainly not that Big Behemoth Bulk Box of Bespoke Bendiness.  :P

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 09:40:44 AM »
Well I'd be tempted by the Drunes.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2018, 12:06:06 PM »
The comments for this one are brilliant. The creators haven't given complete budget breakdowns down to the last penny and it's got people screaming robbery!
I've seen alot of comments from people saying "how can they produce these at less than 50p a miniature it must be a scam!" makes me wonder if some people don't realise how cheap it is to mass produce plastic/pvc? if they knew the actual markup over material cost that they pay for most miniature they'd pop a blood vessel!
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 01:15:24 PM »
makes me wonder if some people don't realise how cheap it is to mass produce plastic/pvc?

I don't think a lot of folk realise it's PVC yet... I've seen folk who know it's plastic still talking about it like it's gonna be GW style hard plastics...