Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:33:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690465
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 58505 times)

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2018, 02:43:01 PM »
That would be the Masters they are selling via another website, with no reproduction rights?

They have that many?

Or do they have other types of masters they are not selling?

Yes Ok if you have them, one cost not to pay - but your basically re-mastering them? so that costs?

Nice to see how many backers there are that are still so positive about this product, in the developing atmosphere of this KS.

Still going down though

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »
That would be the Masters they are selling via another website, with no reproduction rights?

They have that many?

Or do they have other types of masters they are not selling?

Yes Ok if you have them, one cost not to pay - but your basically re-mastering them? so that costs?

Nice to see how many backers there are that are still so positive about this product, in the developing atmosphere of this KS.

Still going down though

The sculpts they're selling on the licence site don't seem to be any of the same ones being produced for this KS to be fair. It does mean we'll never see an actual re-release of this stuff as they abandon it to collectors with deep pockets but they never intended to put the old stuff back into production anyway.

But yeah, it ignores that they need to make new moulds for the sculpts they do have in a material those sculpts were never intended for so they will need reworked in some way.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2018, 03:25:56 PM »
So its only the stuff that they want gone forever thats no impact on the ones they want to PVC.

Fair enough.

Still it is always a sad thing for me to see nice miniatures disappear from the market whether I can afford them or not, it saddens.

Having said that I think KS went up again since I last checked. by about 1 backer. or 300 1 euro backers..

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2018, 01:18:48 AM »
I'm still in it... I've been on the con-federation forum the last week (in French, but Google chrome translates)... Joss and 2 of the other mods are members and they have full confidence. The people in the forum are their lifelong friends and tournament buddies... I think they would warn them if things were looking shaky... SD has big plans with the followup games and capital from somewhere to push it all forward... horrible marketing and communication, yes... but I think there will be a box show up at my door in 2019.   
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2018, 05:28:51 AM »
This KS reminds me of the Heroquest 25th that I foolishly backed through a different Crowdfunding platform. Gamezone however had more, much more experience with miniatures. So much offered and most backers backed due to nostalgia. The money I spent on that is gone (they put an update up every now and then) and I doubt I will see money from that. It doesn't really bother me as I knew the risks and took the gamble. I lost out that time. This one seems a bit more of a risky venture even though they do fully have all copyright sorted (I believe). copyright on HQ25 was a mess but only a part of the failure

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2018, 11:26:58 AM »
I'm still in it... I've been on the con-federation forum the last week (in French, but Google chrome translates)... Joss and 2 of the other mods are members and they have full confidence. The people in the forum are their lifelong friends and tournament buddies... I think they would warn them if things were looking shaky... SD has big plans with the followup games and capital from somewhere to push it all forward... horrible marketing and communication, yes... but I think there will be a box show up at my door in 2019.

Well, I keep my fingers crossed for you. I do hope, they succeed in reviving Confrontation, though I'm very sceptical.
But even if I would want to take the risk, the KS has still failed to show anything that was of interest for me. I have most of the sculpts and don't need them again in PVC, and the resin pledge is still a joke.

If they cancelled, retought the whole concept and offered small(!) resin pledges from the begin, I think, they could still rock the house.

And one last thing: friends and business does not go well together...

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2018, 10:33:17 PM »
It is getting kind of surreal now, the fanbois are celebrating less backers and less funds on the grounds that it will make fulfilment easier and quicker........apparently because it is not likely to drop below the 300k target all is fine.
wtf ???

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2018, 10:37:26 PM »
Well, the haemorrhage has slowed to a steady drip at least in the last couple of days. If everything goes smoothly and everyone gets their stuff in good time, and it's all as lovely as they hoped ... good luck to them. They took a punt and it came off.

'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2018, 01:06:47 AM »
Well I'm giving it a 75% chance of full successful fulfillment. This company has big future plans and everyone that cares 1 bit about confrontation or fantasy minis will remember this KS... if they don't deliver they are toast... and since we know all of their names every future project those names are associated with is severely tainted... it's still weird how distanced they are remaining, but several of their staff are very involved in resurection and getting it developed. Don't get me wrong, I'm worried... but I don't go to Vegas often... and I feel the odds are better... a little gamble is worth the reward here to me.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2018, 01:12:22 AM »
They need some friends...

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2018, 02:22:50 AM »
and since we know all of their names every future project those names are associated with is severely tainted

Future? One of the names has already been associated with a company that's being liquidated.

I think they would warn them if things were looking shaky.

Why? Will they be out $400 if the KS falls through? Do their friends know anything about casting miniatures? Or are they one of the 1500 backers who think SD can pull this off?
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2018, 02:25:15 AM »
So if they go below the level of the unlocked content does it get relocked?

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #177 on: May 13, 2018, 02:27:28 AM »
So if they go below the level of the unlocked content does it get relocked?

SD announced that all SG's were unlocked, in one of their updates.

Now, whether or not anyone will *get* the SG's is another question.

Hmm... -22 backers yesterday. Keep dropping your pledges so we can make this the best KS ever!!!  ;D

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2018, 08:35:48 AM »
Future? One of the names has already been associated with a company that's being liquidated.

Doesn't matter. As log as enough people aren't aware/don't care.
Mierce miniatures s build on the corpse of Mealstrom games, which burned huge ammounts of hobbyist, including yours truly . It's doing fine though.
I must grudgingly admit that their range is beautifull and the one reason I'm not buying is their past.

I don't think this kickstarter will unfund. The initial buy in was above what I'd be willing to put into it, so I was out anyway.
But I have no hope they will deliver a quality product. I'm amazed at how this kickstarter is run. Never have I seen so many red flags.

And yes that is a shame. It really is a wonderfull range. Here's hoping I'm wrong
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2018, 08:55:51 AM »
Maelstrom was very different though. That was an emergency move to try and sakvage something from what was the result of a move by Wayland, who had bought debt from Wyrd and then called it in. At that time Maelstrom was one of their leading competitors.

In tbis situation you have at least three seperate entities. Ludik Bazare, the company running the KS and the company the holds the IP. And all three have the same people in common.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus