Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:56:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 57226 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2018, 05:41:53 PM »
Don't think I've seen that strategy before.

Ah, and they've now dropped below the funding they made on the first day. Reckon they can manage to get below 400k, if they keep up their great work.

Well, don't forget, that usually during the first and last couple of days a KS skyrockets and gains the majority of pledges.

Therefore I consider even 350,000 € possible!

I actually do wonder why there are so many people still clinging to their pledges. I mean, everyone was pretty positive in the beginning, then the problems began, but now SD actually limited the available pledges and forces you to pledge very high to get the chance to buy the big all-in. No 1€ and late pledge... this is not only totally erratic, but also obviously the try to create massive FOMO.

Online Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2018, 07:48:39 PM »
I'm not proud of the fact that I now have a morbid fascination to see how much more money they'll lose before the end.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2018, 07:59:20 PM »
I imagine a lot of 1 Euro pledges will be dropped in the last hour/10 minutes. I bet a lot of them are just in their for the comments  lol

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »
I'm not proud of the fact that I now have a morbid fascination to see how much more money they'll lose before the end.

You’re not alone my friend... o_o  lol

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2018, 09:27:44 PM »
I imagine a lot of 1 Euro pledges will be dropped in the last hour/10 minutes. I bet a lot of them are just in their for the comments  lol

Oh I'm keeping my 1 euro pledge, I consider a small price to pay for a ring side seat at the future shitshow. :)

I wonder when/if it will dawn on the mentalists, who claim the KS is being sabotaged by collectors trying to protect their minis values, that they're getting nothing... or at best sub par chewing gum minis.

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2018, 09:42:17 PM »
I just can't help but see this as another Palladium Robotech/Defiance Hard Suits project only with more red flags to indicate that things are not likely to proceed even remotely as expected. Yet there it sits with more than $500k and I predict when this Kickstarter does catch fire, fall over, and then sink into the swamp you will have no protection form Kickstarter. Robotech proved the Terms of Use aren't worth the 1's and 0's used to project them on the screen. Maybe the French are better prepared to start testing the legality of Kickstarter's accountability but I doubt it.
Any project is a gamble but this one just confounds me as Sans Detour really seemed to come into the project thinking they were just going to pump plastic into the molds made for the metal figures and the revelations by the company itself have not been faith building at all. Still, $500,000, I'm gobsmacked.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2018, 09:46:40 PM »
Sans Detour really seemed to come into the project thinking they were just going to pump plastic into the molds made for the metal figures and the revelations by the company itself have not been faith building at all. Still, $500,000, I'm gobsmacked.

Not even that, the old moulds were destroyed long ago. Hell I'm not sure they even have the original sculpts for everything since a lot was sold off.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2018, 01:41:00 AM »
Oh I'm keeping my 1 euro pledge, I consider a small price to pay for a ring side seat at the future shitshow. :)

I'm pretty much in the same boat here  8) I started off with an EB pledge (why not?) with some intention of splitting with a buddy, but that only lasted a couple days. Although, when you look and realize that there are almost 1000 backers at 1 euro... that's pretty decent profits for them!  o_o
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2018, 08:38:05 AM »
Apparently one guy in the comments is now calling some of the naysayers not only intentional saboteurs working for another KS project but also terrorists.
Aaand then one of Sans-Detour's collaborators came and thanked him for that comment...

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2018, 09:20:09 AM »
Waa! Kickstarter seems to be down. Maybe this is part of SD's plan. Hack into Kickstarter, make the site go down for the last days of the project so no-one can reduce their pledge!

EDIT: Phew, back up and running. Off to get the popcorn.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:24:28 AM by beefcake »

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2018, 09:34:05 AM »
no KS seems fine and up, See the latest comments about LOS, saboteurs etc.

Seems its living up to it's name even the comments section is still
 really 'confrontational'.

::)

In all likelihood, if something is delivered, the shouts of 'told you so' will be very loud, regardless of quality.

If nothing is delivered, the shouts will be even louder.

I am far to burnt, old, jaded, suspicious and cynical to even put a single $ on it.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »
With the amount they promise I imagine they will try to use the cheapest possible PVC molds etc they can get (If it will cover it) and this will yield rather sub par miniatures to say the least. Just conjecture mind you.

If they ever will be able to deliver, that is  :(.
Leadhead

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2018, 10:39:22 AM »
I started off with an EB pledge...

Me too, but after having read whatever they intendend I decided to drop it in a heartbeat. I don't believe PVC will be the right medium in order to cast Rackham-quality miniatures, I don't believe digiscanning a metal miniature to make it into a mold for PVC will be a simple 1 on 1 translation and as they didn't have any example to show in the first place I waved them goodbye.
Too many other projects to back, with much less uncertainty and/or red flags...

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2018, 11:08:52 AM »
It is not dropping fast enough to save the backers pledge money from this scam.
Either too many people are ignoring the obvious or backed at the beginning and have not been following the campaign.

If you compare the effort SD have put into Confrontation with another figure game campaign:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1263001724/anno-domini-1666

Everything SD says is "too hard" or "too expensive" or "too time consuming" has been done; gameplay videos, sample of an actual production figure, quality components on show not just photoshop images, creators engaging with backers, questions being answered, and this by a company with no more employees than SD.
Just goes to show it can be done and exposes SD as either totally incompetent or deliberately evasive.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2018, 12:15:23 PM »
It will be a lesson for many backers. A very expensive lesson, but still a valuable one not to back just anything you'd like to.... ;)