Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:58:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690721
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 58559 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2018, 01:58:26 PM »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2018, 02:39:20 PM »
Brilliant....  lol
And let's not forget, people can alter their pledges during the pledge manager, so it still can be unfunded in a few months' time.
Really hope they'll pull the plug, get their things sorted out and will relaunche this one in about 6 months with PVC ( or hipps )-stuff to show, sombody who'll handle the communication for them and have much more pledge options.
*keeps on dreaming*
Leadhead

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2018, 02:47:55 PM »
Brilliant....  lol
And let's not forget, people can alter their pledges during the pledge manager, so it still can be unfunded in a few months' time.
Really hope they'll pull the plug, get their things sorted out and will relaunche this one in about 6 months with PVC ( or hipps )-stuff to show, sombody who'll handle the communication for them and have much more pledge options.
*keeps on dreaming*

Is that really possible? I had thought that the new KS rules forbade to change your pledge after the last 24h had started if it would unfund the project.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »
That's about it.

I saw one of the fanbois responding to lack of involvement from SD saying it's not fair to expect them to be around to answer questions because they have lives and jobs........
Unbelievable
In a few months to a year, if it heads south as expected, the KS' comments section will turn into a support group, like the one for Defiance Games... :-I

Can't believe the Massachusetts Attorney General dropped the ball on what's basically fraud...

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »
Is that really possible? I had thought that the new KS rules forbade to change your pledge after the last 24h had started if it would unfund the project.
Terms of Use...

You can change or cancel your pledge at any time before the project's funding deadline (with one exception). ... Once the project has been funded, you can only cancel or change your pledge by making special arrangements directly with the creator.

Good luck trying to get a response... lol

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2018, 03:07:26 PM »
Once the pledge manager lands they'll long have had your money from KS. You'll be able to give them more, don't worry about that at all. Also remember to pledge for that celebration box, you won't be able to upgrade to resin with that sweet heavy centaur* if you don't.

*Note - Heavy Centaur not included, all sales final, contents may not resemble promotional images in any way

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »
Looks like a slow trickle of people simply changing from possibly losing 300 Euro to possible losing 1..

At this rate though it should still fund.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2018, 03:22:16 PM »
Once the pledge manager lands they'll long have had your money from KS. You'll be able to give them more, don't worry about that at all. Also remember to pledge for that celebration box, you won't be able to upgrade to resin with that sweet heavy centaur* if you don't.

*Note - Heavy Centaur not included, all sales final, contents may not resemble promotional images in any way

Really? Well that is pretty nice of them! Splendid chaps as they are. lol

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »

"Update Nr. 32

The Confrontation Classic Kickstarter campaign comes to an end tonight (9:00 CEST)

Here we are, ten hours away from the goal we set. You only have until tonight to participate in Confrontation’s grand come-back and indulge yourself with a mountain of exceptional miniatures at an incredible price!

We particularly remind you that this offer is limited and will never be available as it is now in your brick-and-mortar store after the end of this campaign."

Do not miss this unique offer to lose a lot of money for shabby miniatures that will either be long delayed or even better not received at all!
It's the last opportunity to join!
Nerdrage guarateed! You will be the centre of every party.
You will never again burn your money so easy!
Don't miss this.
It's the last chance!!!

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2018, 04:56:30 PM »
Ah, my bad. I thought it was possible in the PM both to add to your pledge or to substract from it...
Well, another red flag, so to speak  :?.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2018, 02:39:54 AM »
One comment made me laugh. Along the lines of " a lot of trolls not putting their money where their chatty mouths are"
Of course they aren't. They don't want to be swindled out of their hard earned money. It's not trolling if the facts back you up.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2018, 06:09:23 AM »
This is one of the two topics I posted which had most reads.
The other one was the '100 disasters in modelling' thread. Perhaps the two should be merged...  >:D

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2018, 06:49:35 AM »
Surprisingly (ar least for me), they went back over 400,000 €.

At first I had imagined thousands of people like us all pledging 1 € in the last minutes just to be able to be part of the show!

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2018, 07:57:29 AM »
Well, it is cheap entertainment...  lol

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2018, 08:05:58 AM »
I am glad they have enough local support/backers, to get it funded, I don't know if they had much international backing left?

Not knowing their reputation well, and all the red flags waving, well, they could have presented better.

Still will pop back to it occasionally to see if anything happens, don't feel I missed out as they only "one off" never again PVC....

I have plenty of other stuff to get on with, and as mentioned, its cheap entertainment that may well be giving again in months to come.

Still would of course prefer it to deliver on time etc. but...