Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686443
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 57182 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2018, 11:34:47 PM »
Heh, I was just coming here to tell you that you were right, lol... you beat me to it!

But I agree, it was not a stretch to believe they would still make the celebration box available in the pledge manager.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2018, 02:04:28 PM »
Well... they do have maybe 3,773 more to sell... roughly.

They have to take the money some how.. so direct via Pledge Manager rather than indirect via KS is better for them?

Still, I am more amazed at two updates this month already since KS ended!

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »
Show me a bloody model!  ;D
Leadhead

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2018, 03:12:34 PM »
They already did, just old ones, but they will be exactly the same in plastic, honest.

They can do amazing things in PVC now, just look at the pictures of other manufacturers products.

Like that only  in confrontation shape  ::)

Nothing like that old metal stuff you used to get in the 80's or 90's - proper top quality modern PVC castings. Modern quality. Modern Materials.

Oh and/or maybe resin - there will be some of that, maybe they can show them sooner?

Still I am sure they will sort something out, just - after the Pledge Manager. That is top priority, so that you can pay/pledge for more first.

Then later if it becomes like, really important, they can show some models..?

Maybe even some of the ones you are going to get :D

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »
It all sounds a bit....C.M.O.T. Dibbler to me  lol
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #290 on: November 24, 2018, 04:26:42 PM »
Was considering starting another thread, but think it's better to keep the speculation in one place...

Over four months since my June post and nothing substantive yet, even though there have been 49 updates... :o

As usual HaleysRedComet's comments are spot on and the apologists are still at it: backers shouldn't be pressuring Sans-Detour, as it's demoralizing. lol One update promised the resins and a later one mentioned delays and blamed a third party manufacturer and still no pics of the PVC, but plenty of updates like Confrontation Resurrection : Meeting the playtest teams -- A la rencontre des équipes de test . Why are the rules still in the Alpha test stage? Aside from tweaking, I'd have thought the it would've been ready by now, considering SD made the announcement at least a year before the campaign. 

I didn't back this campaign, due to the obvious warning signs, but if a one man operation, like Rude Minis, could pull it off, with slight delays, what's SD's excuse?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:47:14 PM by Condottiere »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #291 on: November 24, 2018, 05:04:50 PM »
They are still refusing to answer any questions about the production of the figures and continuing the aggressive hard sell tactics they used in the campaign.

Backer: "how are the new masters/moulds coming on?"
SD:  "Increase your pledge now as we will not be making these again"
Backer:  "Yeah, but how are teh new figures looking"
SD:  "Up your pledge now before we close the pledge manager"
Backer:  "I want to but you promised to show pictures of the production samples before closing the pledge manager"
SD:  "Last warning, pledge manager will be closing"
Backer:  "What about the promised pictures, what about the promised playtest report of the new rules, what about pictures of the resin models supposedly due this month"
SD:  "OK last chance we are closing pledge manager tomorrow"
Backer:  "WTF????
SD:  "Too late now closed........suckers"

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #292 on: November 24, 2018, 05:54:59 PM »
They are still refusing to answer any questions about the production of the figures and continuing the aggressive hard sell tactics they used in the campaign.

Backer: "how are the new masters/moulds coming on?"
SD:  "Increase your pledge now as we will not be making these again"
Backer:  "Yeah, but how are teh new figures looking"
SD:  "Up your pledge now before we close the pledge manager"
Backer:  "I want to but you promised to show pictures of the production samples before closing the pledge manager"
SD:  "Last warning, pledge manager will be closing"
Backer:  "What about the promised pictures, what about the promised playtest report of the new rules, what about pictures of the resin models supposedly due this month"
SD:  "OK last chance we are closing pledge manager tomorrow"
Backer:  "WTF????
SD:  "Too late now closed........suckers"
Whatever happened to Joss? His last comment was 2 months ago:
We will make soon some updates about the various ongoing productions and ongoing tasks.

We do know that our communication is not enough for the backers standard. We are working on that too.

We just want to let you know that our team is a small but determined one and we do know that expectations are high for Confrontation.

We are working hard on meeting those expectations and hopefuly things will soon be different.

We love Confrontation just as you do and we want to bring it back the best way (and we know we have a huge amount of work to do so and to convince every last one of you that we do)

See you soon !

I don't even know if the shipping issue has been fixed...

Ryko(3 months ago):
PM compeleted..40 euros for a shipping from France to France including 15 euros for just 6 extra resin minis...hell I honestly would not call that "cheap"...it even seems preposterous compared to Solomon kane or JOA fares....at that price i do not expect anything but extra care in the packing!! (+some complementary lollipops or goodies !!!)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:59:30 PM by Condottiere »

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #293 on: December 14, 2018, 09:16:35 PM »
Oh no...

According to Yslaire, from 3 hours ago, the SD's Facebook page is closed...

According to Yslaire, from 9 hours ago, Le communiqué officiel de l’auteur : http://www.reussitecritique.fr/aventures-editions-sans-detour/

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #294 on: December 14, 2018, 09:40:20 PM »
Not really surprised, but dang that is a lot of money that they managed to defraud from the backers.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2018, 12:15:46 AM »
Looks as if SD have been defrauding Chaosium too:

https://www.chaosium.com/blogstatement-about-ditions-sansdtour/

Guess no-one who looked at the whole SD thing openly is surprised they could not be trusted and fits with the way all the assets were divested to 3rd party companies.

Can't wait for the fanbois defence of these issues, no doubt someone/anyone/everyone apart from SD will be at fault, hell, it was probably the result of all the backer hatred that did it!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:18:58 AM by robh »

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2018, 12:36:23 AM »
Looks as if SD have been defrauding Chaosium too:

https://www.chaosium.com/blogstatement-about-ditions-sansdtour/

Guess no-one who looked at the whole SD thing openly is surprised they could not be trusted and fits with the way all the assets were divested to 3rd party companies.

Can't wait for the fanbois defence of these issues, no doubt someone/anyone/everyone apart from SD will be at fault, hell, it was probably the result of all the backer hatred that did it!
Are there any coureur des fanbois left? I thought they moved on to greener pastures...

Joss is awfully silent...

Offline madzerker

• Bookworm
« Reply #297 on: December 15, 2018, 06:39:09 AM »
does this mean Confrontation Resurection is dead? Or just the Adventure game. I am confused when reading it all.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2018, 12:31:32 PM »
From the linked web notice it looks terminal for L'Aventures but Chaosium say they have already agreed a new partner for the French CoC stuff so that will continue.

I assume the issue for the Confrontation kickstarter will be the litigation for unpaid royalties SD owes Chaosium and any culpable damages resulting from the contract with L'Aventures. 
Question is what does Sans Detour actually have that could be counted as an asset?

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2018, 02:05:39 PM »
From the linked web notice it looks terminal for L'Aventures but Chaosium say they have already agreed a new partner for the French CoC stuff so that will continue.

I assume the issue for the Confrontation kickstarter will be the litigation for unpaid royalties SD owes Chaosium and any culpable damages resulting from the contract with L'Aventures. 
Question is what does Sans Detour actually have that could be counted as an asset?

And the fact that if they're not paying licencor's then they've probably got no money. As has been said none of this clusterfuck is all that surprising to most folks, certainly not the ones here. Normally I'd be more sympathetic to the backers getting screwed over (hell I backed Super Dungeon Explore Legends) but given the amount of red flags and people actively trying to warn folks I feel like most folks who've been burned here kinda brought it on themselves. Interestingly the folks who savagely defended SD are completely silent now in the KS comments, either embarassment or they were shills from the start...