Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:35:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686605
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 57216 times)

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2019, 05:23:25 PM »
Well I did back this... I think anyone who has looked at my thread has noticed i'm a big fan of Rackham... so I pretty much had to back this even though I was not a fan of SD and how they ran the campaign... AT ALL... i still sucked it up and pledged.... i figured it would work out... i've been in over 30 kickstarters and they have all delivered (or are going to based on constant weekly updates showing progress and enthusiasm)... some a bit late, but they are all very well run and good communication from the creator... I have to admit, I don't think I get this one... there is too much shady crap going on. I have pretty much written it off as a loss... if it ever does deliver it'll be a nice shock, but i'm not planning on it. Such a shame. You couldn't have a more incompetent group of people running a kickstarter. I've learned my lesson and if they look off from the start i'm not going to assume that they will right it later!

The worst part for us Rackham fans is that these guys (through another company) own the licence now so they've pretty much killed it stone dead. They already sold off loads of the original masters anyway.  :'(

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2019, 08:31:11 PM »
I've never been into Confrontation but its a great shame to see any game carved up and left to rot. I don't understand anyone who takes on a fallen game and bring new life into it.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2019, 11:44:03 PM »
I almost regret my 1 euro pledge on this... the entertainment value is good, but 1 euro is almost too much to give to con artists.

Does anybody else find it ironic that Legends of Signum, which is affiliated/owned(?) by Cadwallon miniatures (the Ukrainian confrontation recasters) is on the verge of fulfilling their pledges for their spin-off game/range of miniatures? I did back that project, and there have been nothing but constant updates, new pledges, and general excitement for what they are doing. All this in spite of having their KS sabotaged by SD...
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2019, 02:11:32 AM »
I've never been into Confrontation but its a great shame to see any game carved up and left to rot. I don't understand anyone who takes on a fallen game and bring new life into it.

The rules are not perfect for confrontation, but very enjoyable... the rules are not what I care about... the world, lore, and very unique factions are what make confrontation so interesting to me. I've been playing a few games in the confrontation world using the new middle earth strategy game rules... very fun. The world of confrontation will never die for me, I own almost all of it now and will never sell... having a company (SD) show people who might not of ever heard of confrontation a glimpse of it and then fumbling it and jerking everyone around just angers me. They do not deserve the license.

The game didn't die... Rackham went bankrupt because they had no idea how to run a company and spent all their money on over a thousand original sculpts and thousands of pages and cards of original beautiful art... they had so many more sculpts then games workshop at the time and were a fraction of the size... then they invested all the rest of their money in creating the best detailed line of prepainted miniatures even to this day. They had massive plans for the prepainted lines for 16 factions... they just went too much too soon and couldn't pay all the manufacturing bills... sad...
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2019, 10:12:35 AM »
Does anybody else find it ironic that Legends of Signum, which is affiliated/owned(?) by Cadwallon miniatures (the Ukrainian confrontation recasters) is on the verge of fulfilling their pledges for their spin-off game/range of miniatures? I did back that project, and there have been nothing but constant updates, new pledges, and general excitement for what they are doing. All this in spite of having their KS sabotaged by SD...

I'm not sure that's ironic as such seeing as they already produce product and have been for years. It's a shame they started where they did with recasting as their own stuff is fantastic (obviously stylistically similar to Rackham). On the other hand with this debacle I find myself wishing I had bought some of the Daikinee recasts to complete my collection as it's unlikely I'll ever end up with originals...

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #320 on: January 10, 2019, 07:03:31 AM »
COMMUNIQUE
Chaosium Inc., propriétaire du système de jeu de rôle Call of Cthulhu, n’a pas souhaité renouveler la licence de L'Appel de Cthulhu par les éditions Sans-Détour, exploitée et enrichie par notre société depuis 10 ans. Nous évaluons actuellement ensemble l’état des royautés encore à devoir.

Dans le respect du contrat qui nous lie, nous mettrons un terme à la production et la vente des produits de gamme de L'Appel de Cthulhu. Nos clients et la communauté seront informés prochainement de ce calendrier.

La fabrication de la campagne des Masques de Nyarlathotep et du Jour de la Bête sera bientôt terminée et prête à l'embarquement. Le retard de cette production nous a également porté préjudice, mais nous faisons en sorte que personne ne soit lésé et que cette campagne soit bien livrée. D'ailleurs, dans l'intérêt des fans et le respect du contrat, nous échangeons avec Chaosium sur ce dossier.

En 10 ans, Sans-Détour a porté la réputation de L'Appel de Cthulhu à un niveau jamais atteint auparavant. Et nous avons surtout apporté la même passion et la même expertise à toutes nos autres gammes et nombreuses productions. Sans -Détour est reconnu pour cela. Nous allons continuer à produire des jeux de qualité et à innover sans cesse, grâce aux talents exceptionnels des femmes et des hommes de nos équipes, pour le plus grand plaisir des joueurs et passionnés qui nous soutiennent.

"Chaosium Inc. , owner of the Call of Cthulhu role-playing system , did not wish to renew the license of Cthulhu's L'Appel by Sans-Détour editions , operated and enriched by our company for 10 years. We are currently evaluating together the state of the royalties still due."

You don't pay the licensee for *two* years and don't answer their emails. Yeah, good luck with that.

https://fr.ulule.com/cthulhu-campagnes/news/communique-200499/?ul_campaign=presale_47593

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:06:30 AM by ced1106 »
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #321 on: January 10, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
I wonder if Hysterical Games got paid for the big box of resin castings SD pictured?  Co-incidence they end up in a cash flow crisis severe enough to sink the business while doing contract work for a company which appears not to be paying its bills.

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2019, 10:45:08 AM »
I wonder if Hysterical Games got paid for the big box of resin castings SD pictured?  Co-incidence they end up in a cash flow crisis severe enough to sink the business while doing contract work for a company which appears not to be paying its bills.
That is exactely what sprang to my mind after having found out about the connection of these two companies...
The irony would be that in this case, although not taking part in this KS, SD would have sunk my KS money for Panzerfäuste :-[

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:50:07 AM by powerfrog99 »
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2019, 11:07:37 AM »
On the other hand with this debacle I find myself wishing I had bought some of the Daikinee recasts to complete my collection as it's unlikely I'll ever end up with originals...

You could always contact those Cadwallon guys and find out what's still possible. Not a fan of recasts ( as in, never bought them on purpose although some came two times - unknown to me - in big lots and I'm absolutely not happy with that ) but no pity for con artists like SD. Still am considering a few of those myself...
Leadhead

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #324 on: January 21, 2019, 05:02:12 AM »
> I wonder if Hysterical Games got paid for the big box of resin castings SD pictured?

Good question. I've also heard of KS and other projects encountering financial difficulties when the 3rd parties they've paid (eg. printers) go out of business and take the money with them. That's sometimes why, for a First Created miniatures project, I'll press the creator to tell me who the caster or manufacturer is.

Anyway, good (?) news for the resins, although resin production isn't plastics production. (Resin and metal molds costs hundreds of dollars versus thousands, while material costs for plastic is pennies.)

We've received all of the production from Hysterical Games (Cynwall Wyrm, Belial, the Eclipsant Bust, and the Mid-Nor Hydra) and are currently preparing the models to be packaged the castings first).

Our first wave of shipping will start soon so that you'll be able to get these first pieces quickly. For the remaining parts, qui Originally Were Supposed to be produced by GRX, we've found a new contractor, De Roos Tinnen , Who-have already done masterful work for other game lines (Steamforged Games, Freebooter, etc.) and Who-have Reported They should be able to produce these models (Skull Warriors, Chimera, and Dwarf Golem) quite quickly. Of course, we do not have a specific date for the completion of this production, but we are going to see you there.

Update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/posts/2391708

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2019, 11:43:10 PM »
Well, they use a Dutch mouldmaking and casting firm ( de Tinnen Roos ) and that looks like a solid, experienced firm.
We'll see what they are going to do with their plastic stuff  lol.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2019, 12:39:00 AM »
Chatter from the french forum which has connections to a low level employee of SD says the are using (or talking to) the same Chinese factory that produces the minis for Dust 1947... which is actually really nice quality plastic... still a flip of the coin as to whether this comes to fruition, but the chatter is better then nothing...

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2019, 04:17:12 PM »
Is Sans-Detour still in business?  Could anyone Cthulhu Wars Kickstarter claim? :? No mid month update in February...

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2019, 04:57:31 PM »
Could anyone Cthulhu Wars Kickstarter claim? :?

Huh? Oh referring to the "SD went out of business last year" comment?

Is Sans-Detour still in business?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/comments
https://www.facebook.com/EditionsSansDetour/

There, you know as much as anyone else now cause SD sure ain't talking. :P For what it's worth I think someone checked the French business directory and the company was still listed as ongoing, the assumption being the Cthulhu Wars update got them mixed up with Ludik Bazar. An easy mistake to make considering they shared staff and the exact same address...

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »
Huh? Oh referring to the "SD went out of business last year" comment?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/comments
https://www.facebook.com/EditionsSansDetour/

There, you know as much as anyone else now cause SD sure ain't talking. :P For what it's worth I think someone checked the French business directory and the company was still listed as ongoing, the assumption being the Cthulhu Wars update got them mixed up with Ludik Bazar. An easy mistake to make considering they shared staff and the exact same address...
Comments on the KS page, linked above, was where I first read the claim about SD's status, and since I can't post there, I thought I'd ask here. Maybe someone in the industry in France could chime in, since it's not about national security. lol IIRC, someone checked last year, but the situation could've changed since January. It's possible CW got it mixed up with LD, but the lack of an update could suggest anything - they could be on another holiday.  lol