Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:00:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689697
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 58392 times)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2018, 06:58:59 AM »
Well, if I were losing $10K+ per day, I'd rather have it happening after making $1.5M than $.75M!   lol

So many complainers who probably don't even have a pledge or have just sunk in a whole whopping dollar...

Yeah! And they'll receive just as much as those who actually pledged!  lol

Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2018, 11:57:36 PM »
131 EB dropped. The project is now below 600,000,-.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2018, 12:27:10 AM »
I think when you have to put out an update that says "Our company is financially sound and above board." you might need to take a good long look at what has gone wrong with your communication down the line.

I had no interest, hadn't even looked, at the finances of the company behind this. I assumed they were a perfectly fine RPG publisher. NOW HOWEVER, I feel motivated to look into why they have out out the kickstarter equivalent of a mobster saying "I'm just a legitimate business man looking to dispose of this old carpet in a car compactor, as is my right!"

I do wonder if this carries on whether they'll be the first major kickstarter to go backwards from being funded to being below their goal.

It also seems that they have tried launching confrontation before, via private investment, but couldn't secure the funding for some reason.
I think that those wishing for the rebirth of confrontation as a living breathing game may be wishing in vain..
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2018, 11:47:57 AM »
The project is really starting to crash...155 EBs free now, dropped below 590,000€. I had thought they would cancel the campaign or at least tried to reassure backers by now, but on the contrary a sort of flame war is raging in the comments... :?

I had hoped for a better development and the continuation of Confrontation...

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2018, 12:24:01 PM »
So sad this is starting to appear a failure; I'm really wishing for the best possible future for Confrontation, but this KickStarter might well actually become detrimental to the property.

If only those guys had done their homework and kept to what is factually possible, instead of projecting a pipedream, larded with ill advised wishful thinking, that is now costing them dearly.

Here's to hoping they will pull this one and come back with a more limited project, offering starter sets in metal for each faction, for which they have all the requisite materials. With that, they might build a new supporter base, which maybe will allow them more ambitious projects in the future.

If this was a field hospital triage station, this KS would be sent to the left...  :?
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »
Well, they still seem to claim, that the project is financed as long as it meets its basic goal. If that is true they can easily survive another 964 Early Birds dropping to $1...

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2018, 03:39:57 PM »
Now this is interesting, they just posted a new update:

"Coming soon : the collector add-ons of resin miniatures!"

Sounds incredible, but I'm not sure if they can turn the campaign...

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2018, 01:43:51 AM »
I'm pretty excited for the dwarf golem and the cynwall dragon! In resin! I also like that they had a talented painter Angel Giraldez paint up an actual resin example to show us... Apparently he is commissioned to do a bunch more to show us.... Detail looks good to me!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2018, 11:04:11 AM »
That is a good price for figures of that size in resin.

But I still think they need to offer decent individual faction sets now. Let the inevitable internal shuffling of pledges happen, get past the constant negative comments and then carry on from wherever they end up. With a buy in price that does not deter potential new backers, or is not beyond the €€ people are willing to risk losing on a badly planned, badly run campaign from an inexperienced company whose owner is in financial trouble with another of his associated businesses.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2018, 12:33:50 AM »
Will CMoN continue to stock the resin stuff or is it exclusive to SD? If the latter, will CMoN be an US distributor? Spent several hundred $$$ ordering Rackham figures from Ludik and was always happy with the service, but this was almost a decade ago. Despite the connection, I know nothing about Sans Detour and based on the muddled comments on the KS page from the company and fanaticism by people like Sylvano, I'm reluctant to spend money with them.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »
Real confusion around this KS now (as well as the ever present negativity and personal attacks) about the future plans for these figures.

Seems this production run could be a one off and these PVC figures are not destined for ongoing supply. The figures designed for the new C5 game they are developing will all be new and based on a reworking (new later timeline) of the original Rackham world setting.
They are giving away more original Rackham master castings as draw prizes. Having previously sold some as part of a failed non KS fundraiser for the new game.
Which indicates them not having any long term plans for the range as in many cases the ownership of the surviving putty sculpts has reverted to the sculptors.

Expectation was that these figures plus new ones would be the basis of the new game. Now it seems there will be a set of crossover stats to play these (and existing metal models) with the new game rules, but it does not seem as if they will be part of the new game world or it's ongoing development.

As with all other contencious issues SD are refusing to answer the questions directly preferring to leave the day to day KS to selected fanbois.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2018, 02:09:51 PM »
The announcement of resin models seemed to have stabilized the KS, but then again nothing happed. Why don’t they simply offer the old Rackham minis in resin?

They would easily earn a fortune!

As of now the KS is not bleeding anymore, it’s collapsing. 254 Early Birds available, funding dropped below 570,000€.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game?ref=profile_starred

Offline Maledrakh

• Librarian
    • At the Mountains of Minis
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2018, 02:46:57 PM »
I dropped out of this KS some time ago. I find it very high risk and there are just so many red flags waving. The creator does not instil confidence that they are able to deliver. No production samples are shown, instead we get old promotional pictures from the Rackham era and a load of Trump style smooth sales talk everything will be "the best".

I sincerely hope that backers will get their moneys' worth, but I doubt it so very much.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2018, 05:26:48 PM »
Back to bleeding again. Update has an intro to the project team, but, not only should this info have been on the KS page on the first day, but (or because of it) there's no mention of miniatures experience. Joss, who teased (but may not have actually said) during the Discourse chats he had miniatures experience is only the "game designer and author of the game Alkemy, 1st Voice of the Chroniclers". https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/posts/2174347

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2018, 02:57:49 PM »
Just had a look at the comments section (kind of morbid fascination)

No blue boxes denoting project owner comments or input for about 2 days now, looks as if they have given up trying to hold back the flood.

French fanbois still having a good go though, saw one post saying that all the negative comments are coming from people being paid by other miniature producers to spoil the chances of Confrontation being reborn.

:o
Who knew!