Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 57212 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2018, 03:10:47 PM »
Given that there are now 293 early bird options available, I wonder why 88 people are still insisting on paying for the more expensive full pledge ???

It looks like some degree of masochism is required for this project, but that's taking it too far  lol

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2018, 03:29:38 PM »
Just had a look at the comments section (kind of morbid fascination)

No blue boxes denoting project owner comments or input for about 2 days now, looks as if they have given up trying to hold back the flood.

French fanbois still having a good go though, saw one post saying that all the negative comments are coming from people being paid by other miniature producers to spoil the chances of Confrontation being reborn.

:o
Who knew!
When did the project owners deign to comment? AFAIK, it's just been the drama of les collaborateurs contre la résistance...

Apologists are claiming that it was an holiday yesterday, so they had better things to do, though they weren't forthcoming with answers in the first place... ::)

SD's attitude reminds of of Rackham on their forum, some months before the end, sans smiley emojis. Have been wondering, how hard is it to get this right? This isn't the first instance of a group trying to resurrect Confrontation.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »
On a related note, I thought that Ukranian Rackham figure producer is a recaster or at least lacks the rights to the IP, yet based on the comments, there's a difference in his status?  ???

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2018, 03:49:07 PM »
On a related note, I thought that Ukranian Rackham figure producer is a recaster or at least lacks the rights to the IP, yet based on the comments, there's a difference in his status?  ???

Cadwallon.com was certainly recasting stuff, the folk in the comments are just totally clueless. Though a C&D seems to have worked as all the rackham stuff is now "out of stock".

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »
This isn't the first instance of a group trying to resurrect Confrontation.

No indeed, but I think it may well be the last. They have sold many of the master castings before and are giving away others in this KS. They have sold original greens and others have reverted to the sculptors. The moulds themselves were destroyed at the end of Rackham.
I am certain they realise without moulds, master castings or greens there is no way of bringing it back.
Stellar Consulting is another of the businesses owned and run by the head of SD & LudikBazar, and they  have pulled together all the Confrontation associated licences except video games and C&D'd the best known recaster (not sure about the Australian guy as I don't do eBay anymore). So they pretty much have it sewn up at the moment.

Making their proposed "Confrontation Resurrection" re-imagining the only option.
Which would be a true Machiavellian twist given that they are hoping development of that game would be funded by the very fans of the old game that they are aiming to kill.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »
Cadwallon.com was certainly recasting stuff, the folk in the comments are just totally clueless. Though a C&D seems to have worked as all the rackham stuff is now "out of stock".

Cadwallon was recasting from production models, but as said in the comments SD could have offered him a licence to produce legally and kept the metal figures in production.
They are also launching a KS for their own game next week so maybe have other plans anyway.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2018, 07:10:56 PM »
It's dropped to 550,000. What a mess. I also cannot look away.  o_o

If it wasn't Confrontation (which I really liked back then because of the sculpts), I would certainly enjoy the first KS to un-fund itself. Masterly done by the clever timing of misinformation, extraordinary high-risk, astonishing entry levels and irritating business decisions! Well done, SD!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2018, 03:33:04 AM »
You just want to see it say, funded in 2 hours, unfunded at 24 days.  lol

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2018, 04:53:40 AM »
You just want to see it say, funded in 2 hours, unfunded at 24 days.  lol

..well they are still on target if that was the aim. Dropped below 550,000.00 € and 315 open EBs.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2018, 10:10:44 PM »
I'm crying so hard... I really wish I could step in and right the ship... i'd do it for free if they would give me a voice... it would be easy to do... their updates are so idiotic... the stretch goals are not compounding, but at this point underwhelming... they need a HUGE info post clarifying A LOT OF STUFF and just be totally transparent... WITH A NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER... they need to spill any beans they have and show all the candy they have... it always seems like they are hiding something... and i'm a backer BTW... i'm missing 5 of those factions and i would love to have the minis... way cheaper if this works out then trying to buy them all in metal. it might be money in the trash... but so be it. I have to try. I love those sculpts.
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2018, 11:22:28 PM »
It has reached the point where you begin to think NOBODY could be this idiotic about running a Kickstart Campaign so they must be up to something.

Why the f**k would you go silent for 2 days, watch the campaign lose 105 backers and over €120k,  put out a surreal update thanking the fanbois for their support and then go on the comments and start chatting about hosting game tournaments and cheese & wine parties in the South of France.

???

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2018, 05:38:34 AM »
I also fet sad....really sad. Actually the campaign made me look for my old models in the lead-pile and even read the free Confrontation evolution rules. And now those Vollpfostens sell the masters or give them away as freebies and totally spoil a phenomenal start! Sapperlotkruzitürkenhallelujah! From about 700,000 going down.

They’re now approaching the 530,000. Will we see them breaking through the half million on the weekend?

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2018, 06:57:04 AM »
I think they may have enough fanboys to keep them going.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
So their response to the freefall has been to limit the regular pledges to 2000 (as well as 2000 early birds) and declare that this stuff will never be available outside the KS... It also seems they have no plans to actually bring back old Confrontation stuff as their new Resurrection game will have it's own new minis.

The Celebration Pledge has become a unique item and an exclusive Kickstarter:

ALL the Stretch Goals have been unlocked up to 1 249 999 €. That's a bonus of 86 miniatures!
This include the Stretch Goal for the map of Aarklash.
The Celebration Pledge is limited to 4 000 copies worldwide (including 2 000 Early Birds).

Last but not least:

it will never be available in stores.
It will never be available as a Late Pledge.
And there will never be another Confrontation Classic Kickstarter campaign.
The 1 250 000 € Stretch Goal remains valid and will liberate all factions.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2018, 12:43:18 PM »
I am reminded of HeroQuest 25  o_o