Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 57206 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« on: April 16, 2018, 06:34:38 PM »
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - I searched and didn't find it.
Apparently there's a Confrontation KS opening tomorrow at 13:00 (Paris time) - the only details I have are a Facebook page unfortunately: https://www.facebook.com/confrontationresurrection/ and the Sans-detour page, in French: http://www.sans-detour.com/

Edit: English page - https://confrontation-universe.com/index.php/en/subscribe-your-newsletter/

178 minis, terrain, rules in one box apparently - that's before add-ons and rewards.

According to the video it's compatible with the old and a new (?) Confrontation. A range of 1500 miniatures is mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:41:31 PM by Vanvlak »

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 12:42:51 PM »
I'm very interested in this... I'll be interested to see how much work they have put into it. Not interested in giving my money to pipe dreams... the rackham world of minis is very alive and sought after still. I have a large collection... I wonder if they will have rackham quality of plastic sculpts and if they will reuse old rackham figures or all new... we shall see...
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »
Nothing yet, but it's just 1430h CET, so still within the margin?

I'm pretty interested in this, as I've been collecting several Confrontation ranges over the years. I just love the attention to detail and the very distinct designs. I even have several of their gaming tiles and all of the books, just for the eye-candy.

Let's hope they will be (severely) revamping those rules though, as I've tried them, and they're pretty dang complicated. Maybe after a game or two, they'll sink in, but the horrendous translations are not helping getting a grip on the mechanics. And let's not get started on Hybrid (their dungeon crawler board game; think Hero Quest with ridiculously convoluted rules).

Believe me; we tried, and had to admit defeat ::)  But the minis are just so beautiful...

And here's to hoping they will not be continuing with those plastics that killed Rackham; we want Metal dang it!  \m/
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »

I can only pretty much echo Daeothar's sentiments (though I'm lacking the Dogs of War book and some bonus floor tile for Hybrid, the latter of which seems extremely elusive to pin down).

That said though, I'm fairly sure it was stated before that the new miniatures will be resin.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 01:35:35 PM »
And here's to hoping they will not be continuing with those plastics that killed Rackham; we want Metal dang it!  \m/

...I have some real bad news for you... The Kickstarter launches tonight at 9pm (France time I think) and it will be a single box with all 16 factions a mat and some terrain. The miniatures will be plastic, PVC I would guess given it's 178 (190+ if all the early birds get filled in 12 hours) miniatures with no ability to buy them separately...

It's absolutely horrendous, as though someone wished Confrontation back using a monkey paw...  :'(

Edit: Realise now Vanvlak put the single box stuff in his original post but yeah... still sucks and a hard pass from me.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 01:38:14 PM by Cait Sidhe »

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »
I don't mind it being plastic... i think it makes it more do-able for them to actually create the game.... I agree that the rules need a SERIOUS makeover... i've never actually played the game, but have read the rules many times.... i use all the rackham minis i have to play many different games from Dragon Rampant to Heroscape... I just don't want the new sculpts to be of the early 2000 DND quality... which was gumby horrific... If they can match the quality of their plastic line before they died I would be more then happy... Those were the most detailed prepainted plastics I've ever collected... nowhere near the quality of their metal stuff... but for plastic, very nice. I'll be a buyer.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 04:09:58 PM »
Funny, I was sure it said 13:00 - must have misread it.
I was hoping there's be some smaller options instead of the big box.  :(

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 04:54:49 PM »
I was really hyped when I heard about the relaunch and still I am anxious to pledge , but there are a lot of problems I see after having read the reports on what they want to achieve.

- if it’s actually just one big box with minis and no possibility to buy singles, I’m out. I already own most of what has been previewed.
- They say they want to produce in PVC. However, you cannot simply use the old Rackham moulds and fill them with plastic. Therefore they will need to scan the old models/mould, rework them digitally and test a good way of producing the minis without losing the details. I see GREAT problems here. PVC models are designed specifically for the production process (CMON and Monoliths have developed this pretty well), but no one really knows what will come out when translating multi-part models designed for metal into the new material. And they haven’t shown any test casts, yet.
- the rules are a mess. I own several warbands (wolfen, drunes, steampower dwarfs, orcs, griffins, devourers, cynwall elves) and played regularly vs. various  opponents (lions, dirz, sessair, dwarfs, goblins). The rules simply suck. And after announcing that they would rework them, the last announcement simply stated that for now it wil be CO 3.5 rules. I’m not happy about this.

So apart from technical difficulties, the poor rules and the possible inability to buy single models might take me out...:/

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 06:46:51 PM »
Well, i'm not really interested in the rules... just in the minis... and it looks like they have some terrain elements too... if any of the original designers or ppl  who worked for rackham are a part of the team then they should have connections to how they produced the plastic minis with great detail before then went caput.... time will tell.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 08:26:40 PM »
It's on, and they're heading towards achieving their goal, if they keep up the momentum.
The KS is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=confrontation

The main entry point is a bit steep at 299 Euros (early bird - the 'regular' is 320), although you do get 178 models, rules, stretch goals, and it is a nice collection.
I might go for the 1 Euro 'in' pledge in case interesting add-ons appear - I really do not need another 178+ models.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 08:38:09 PM »
The price per mini is not that bad, but I really have neither 300€ to spend nor do I want another 178 minis... they might have been off better with offering smaller pledges.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »
So, no metal and an enormous buy-in.

pretty good deal still, counting all those mini's and terrain.

I've seen GCT converting their Bushido models to PVC for a boardgame. It was pretty good, but it is a difference.

Some pro's and con's for sure, but I just don't have that much petty cash lying about.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 01:03:58 AM »
Not much of a selection within factions and can't spare €299 + shipping ATM...

Why PVC?

While brittle in parts, I prefer resin for the detail and polystyrene for plastics. AFAIK, PVC doesn't hold detail as well as either aforementioned, this might explain why the pics are of metal versions. I understand that metal molds for styrene sculpts is expensive, but why not stick with metal?   

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 02:12:10 AM »
Bugger that.
Yep agreed, smaller pledges and do the all in pledge at 300 Euro. Yes you can buy the addons separately with the 1 Euro pledge (not that I even looked at that) so not out of everyone's price range if there are a few things they want. I wonder if this is why CMON sold off all their confrontation stuff really cheap lately? must check to see if they are still selling it.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 02:34:54 AM »
Bugger that.
Yep agreed, smaller pledges and do the all in pledge at 300 Euro. Yes you can buy the addons separately with the 1 Euro pledge (not that I even looked at that) so not out of everyone's price range if there are a few things they want. I wonder if this is why CMON sold off all their confrontation stuff really cheap lately? must check to see if they are still selling it.

CMoN sold off their range?!?

Checks the store...

>:( >:( >:(

Was there a sale I didn't know about? Prices look the same...

Kept putting off buying the Hydra and could've used another Golem... :-[

Didn't know about the 1 Euro pledge and add-ons, but the KS creators aren't explaining things clearly - no different than Rackham.  lol