Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 649
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 57219 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2018, 12:30:40 PM »
Now under 417k euros. I reckon they'll break 400k before the day's end. It's going to be a close one o_o

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »
Seems the answer to all the questions and doubts is still that its 'provocation" or "Trolling" and why should they provide all these answers and information on how hard they have been working on the entire IP not just this KS.

Wow, so really, its just "stop asking questions and give us your money?"

I can understand they feel pressured and strained etc, but having run crowdfunding for other projects you would think they could present this better from day one? Even if its their first kickstarter crowdfunding attempt, it can't be that different.

Hardly any involvement with the KS by the actual creators, barely any updates with any actual information in them, for something that should be a major KS gaming wise.

What a shame.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2018, 04:27:20 PM »
Wait. What? SD and Ludik Bazare are owned by the same guy, Piotr Borowski. They're even at the same address. AFAIK, LB is an online store. You're telling me it's not "feasible" to run an online game store?? Dunno about you, but I'd rather fund a guy who can run a business, rather than shut it down. KS is not a store -- and it's not a secured loan, either. If SD also "isn't feasible anymore", backers will be last in line in getting any of their money back, although I'm sure they'll be happy to know that the SD employees, such as Joss and Piotr, will have gotten their salaries from backer KS funds. Also, Sarouan, on Dakka, said about Joss, the miniature guy "well known" in France, "And let's not forget that the game Alkemy that he designed made their first company, Kraken Editions, bankrupt."
Would you link to that post? I don't know anything about this Joss person, other than him being a privy jerk in the comments. He's now suggesting that SD plan on doing HIPS in the next project...

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2018, 06:34:33 PM »
"And let's not forget that the game Alkemy that he designed made their first company, Kraken Editions, bankrupt."

Actually the vacform packaging is what did them in

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2018, 07:39:09 PM »
Oh dear, last 24h and not unfunded yet...I had hoped for a better result by now! o_o

Let’s see, if tomorrow some people will beg SD to let them cancel their pledge.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2018, 08:32:45 PM »
Actually the vacform packaging is what did them in

Details! Details! :D

@Condottiere: EDIT: Piotr's companies start at page 19 of this Dakka thread. : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/540/717182.page

"Ludik Bazar and Sans Detour share the same address"
"Piotr BOROWSKI owns both Ludik Bazar and Sans Detour but they are two separate companies (or at least it's what they say)."
"You can add Stellar to the two companies."

IIRC, Stellar has the rights to Confrontation and is licensing them to SD (?). Sorta reminds me of Valley Games and Up Front.  ::)

Latest update has a pic of one of the resins. A bit late, though...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/posts/2189398

EDIT: Duncan says the miniature was intended for Resurrection: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/900/717182.page

EDIT EDIT: "Joel McCoy about 8 hours ago
I remember seeing those resin pics unpainted in the Confrontation Facebook group many days ago. Not sure why you waited this long to post it."  :(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:09:48 AM by ced1106 »
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2018, 09:41:23 PM »

They did their second wave of miniatures up in vacform packaging and it was far more expensive than they thought. Customers didn’t like the higher prices for fewer figures so they were stuck with fewer sales on a set of minis that cost them more per unit than before. Cash crunch ensued

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2018, 01:42:48 AM »

@Condottiere: EDIT: Piotr's companies start at page 19 of this Dakka thread. : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/540/717182.page

IIRC, Stellar has the rights to Confrontation and is licensing them to SD (?). Sorta reminds me of Valley Games and Up Front.  ::)

Latest update has a pic of one of the resins. A bit late, though...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/posts/2189398

EDIT: Duncan says the miniature was intended for Resurrection: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/900/717182.page
I thought I misunderstood you about Joss tanking a company, but found it on page 26 - why can't one link to Dakka posts? Strange no one brought this up in the KS comments, as if would've knocked him down a peg...

Stellar/SD or whatever they want to call themselves are behaving like Harmony Gold. I'm bitter I missed out on the CMoN sale, as I had no knowledge of it*, but I suppose I should've grabbed the Mid Nor Hydra, another Flesh Golem for the alternate heads and parts* and another Dirz Wyrm, as it's supplied with extra heads, but I was lulled into complacency, since CMoN always restocked these resin sculpts. No idea why CMoN dropped the ball on this, but SD will have to outsource manufacturing, so would it have killed 'em to let a proven producer handle the resin side, until they could get their act in order? At least there are 111 boxes of Drac Mac Syro and the Fiannas - an odd combo - and since I've got 2 of the former in metal, I could several boxes and hawk off the not Conan for $10+, assuming I could scrounge up $69.99.     

*Did CMoN send out a newsletter about the sale? I must have misplaced it... ???

*Not available when purchased directly from Rackham... >:(

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2018, 01:47:30 AM »
They did their second wave of miniatures up in vacform packaging and it was far more expensive than they thought. Customers didn’t like the higher prices for fewer figures so they were stuck with fewer sales on a set of minis that cost them more per unit than before. Cash crunch ensued
The same for Rackham...

I acquired 7 boxes of Aberration Prime* from LudikBazaar back in the day, for cheap during and/or after Rackham's demise, and was surprised about the fancy cologne/perfume packaging: no sprue or bagged bits, but a vac-formed container and some had a layer of felt. lol

*Anyone know what plastic used in these sculpts?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:50:33 AM by Condottiere »

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2018, 02:02:50 AM »
Apparently one guy in the comments is now calling some of the naysayers not only intentional saboteurs working for another KS project but also terrorists.
Aaand then one of Sans-Detour's collaborators came and thanked him for that comment...
It was like that on Rackham fora near the end...

I only got in after looking for alternate heroic sized barbarian figures and stuck for the mutant goblins, but was surprised over their credulous overzealousness, making GWanbois seem sensible in comparison. The volunteer mods, some of 'em cool, were locking accounts over sarcasm IIRC, lol while the fans were chanting metal's dead, most gamers hate painting and the future is PPP. ::)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:49:20 AM by Condottiere »

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2018, 07:08:59 AM »
So, if the company cannot afford to get this off the ground for the amount they now have to play with, now is the time to admit they set their target too low, pull the plug so everyone gets their money back and it's no harm, no foul, right?

But, if the company is basically just pulling a cash grab to line their pockets, they will let the KS complete, take the funds and then later on rub their hands, blame saboutage/slander/Satan and say they can't afford to deliver as promised, before starting up a bunch of new shell companies to pull their next trick.

'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2018, 08:54:57 AM »
So, if the company cannot afford to get this off the ground for the amount they now have to play with, now is the time to admit they set their target too low, pull the plug so everyone gets their money back and it's no harm, no foul, right?

But, if the company is basically just pulling a cash grab to line their pockets, they will let the KS complete, take the funds and then later on rub their hands, blame saboutage/slander/Satan and say they can't afford to deliver as promised, before starting up a bunch of new shell companies to pull their next trick.

That's about it.

I saw one of the fanbois responding to lack of involvement from SD saying it's not fair to expect them to be around to answer questions because they have lives and jobs........
Unbelievable
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:02:45 AM by robh »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2018, 10:04:20 AM »
Lol yep. For 300000 you would expect them to be engaged in their own product

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2018, 11:41:39 AM »
two things

- Poorly done KS.

- The destruction and distraction of anyone raising legitimate questions and concerns.

Sure other KS have succeeded with even less direct communications from the creators, but the initial structures and information provided for them has been sufficient to address concerns even before they got raised, and usually for much less required finance.

And a KS of this size and value, yeah that should be handled much better than this for even 300K/Euro that it will finally get

Really they are even to the level of denying and condemning anyone that suggests they are formerly from Rackam or suggesting they have industry experience.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2018, 12:08:58 PM »
Well, guys and girls,

they made it and successfully crushed the 400,000 € barrier (just from the wrong side!).

Will they make it even lower? Only 6h left to unfund nearly 100 grand! Keep your breath and watch the show!