Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 57207 times)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2019, 05:48:18 AM »
Petersen mentions that they hired a lawyer to file a claim in France, so, as long as said lawyer wasn't called Saul, my guess is that they knew who owed them money. :

"Sans Detour, unexpectedly went out of business last year (while owing us more than $150,000 in products we manufactured and shipped to them. The “net 30” model widely used in this industry, in which distributors pay publishers 30 days after receiving the goods can destroy small publishers like us. Our lawyer says we should not ever expect to be paid, even though we have a petition in a French court, and are on the list of creditors to be paid out of their assets). "

Sound pretty firm to me, although I figure the whole house of cards was gonna fall apart at once. Possibly the only entity to survive is Stellar Licensing, which owns the IP, and is connected to SD through Christophe Ammirati. Sure, legally, SD may still exist, but that only means the registration fee is paid until the end of the year.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/petersengames/cthulhu-wars-onslaught-3/posts/2425177?fbclid=IwAR2D4uW3Epf5k4T09ehTnnH-9CpYSBkQPVTAIyF2e-MgmEwp0g_mQZbckhQ

Christophe Ammirati:

If someone holds the keys to the financial mystery, this is this guy.

Unless there is a recent change; he is the financial director of Sans Détour. (his Linkedin profile does not mention this responsibility, but the site of Sans Détour yes).

So it is this man who should have signed checks to Chaosium, who also could have provided a sales statement for Chaosium.

But he is also a leader of Stellar Licensing and Consulting , the owner of Hong Kong-based Confrontation's intellectual property, and therefore, head of the company that needs to earn royalties for the Confrontation Classic's Kickstarter and the possible future Confrontation Resurrection.

Scroll down to my January 8th post for the full quote.

Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2019, 09:51:35 AM »
Hopefully cadwallon.com will offer Rackham models again soon. They may not hold the rights, but they deliver, do great (re)casts and give fans a chance to complete their collection. SD may had the rights...but apparently it seems a lot of people were scammed for a lot of money. A real, real shame...
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:06 AM »
And they wouldn't have 2c to rub together to get a lawyer to follow through with a C&D lol

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2019, 01:48:39 PM »
rotflmao!

Haven't used that acronym in awhile. :)

Didn't SD send a C&D to Cadwallon right after Confrontation KS funds were collected? Wonder who gave them the money to do *that*.

Anyway, my *guess* is that, like a Spanish company that used to make knockoffs of traditional US family games awhile back, now that Cadwallon has its own IP that customers will buy, it won't produce unlicensed IP. I speculate that it's partially because of legal issues, but also because the hobby is a creative outlet, and Cadwallon may have its own not-Rackham concepts they would like available to the gaming market.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #334 on: March 20, 2019, 06:16:02 PM »
Two months since the last KS update. I'm sure that's a good sign. (They're probably, erm.. working hard to create those plastic moulds, right?)
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »
Who's El Huappo? Either an 'obby 'ard man or a plant...

Just an update on my end - SD is still around and I have been in communication with the project lead for this KS. I asked for a shipping timeline on the resin with April as my end point of needing to change shipping addresses etc, they didn't give me a shipping estimate but did tell me to change my address to be safe, so I would expect a delay to occur through then.
Also, I am sure the only reason they replied to be is because I created an in depth video showing all emails I have with them and their failure to communicate with the BH program people.
Also, I still have good faith in them to actually deliver at some point unless they prove otherwise. I wont be replying to any of the sad sack trolls that have been living here for months on end that pledges for $1 lmao.

Probably a little slow today, but what does BH stand for?

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #336 on: May 14, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »
An actual update!
Well, updated info on the resin at least. Not exactly a lot about those plastic minis.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/posts/2504077

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #337 on: May 14, 2019, 11:35:04 PM »
An actual update!
Well, updated info on the resin at least. Not exactly a lot about those plastic minis.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/posts/2504077
I was going to post this, but it's not much of an update, just more of the same: excuses and giving false hope to those experiencing 5 stages of denial. In an earlier update they said the resin figures were ready for shipping, based on the photos, and now it's in production since the 13th of May.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #338 on: May 15, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »
They don't even have an idea of how they'll do the plastics yet...

Thanks for the update and show something,things can have problems and can be fixed just need patience perseverance and trust! 1:0 for SD

Amazing, 1:0 indeed...  ;D

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #339 on: May 15, 2019, 11:46:52 AM »
I suspect eventual update of :

---

- we have decided to do the plastic pledges in resin, or card flats (laminated at extra, extra cost) off our office printer, for any backers who stump up the extra and/or the extra,extra cost.

- these will be all pink, so that its possible to tell plastic resin/card replacements from the true resin gray pledges and our master blue resin pledges.

- its a new type of resin called polyuresin....

- Please add on 5 or 6 more years to your expected delivery month.

- if you don't want that - here's a coupon for 10% discount off new confrontation.

- this is the only way we can do the plastics pledges within the next 10 years.

- oh and extra postage cost will be calculated and charged after..

---

sorry, I am an awful cynic sometimes ::)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #340 on: May 15, 2019, 05:10:36 PM »
It's downright impossible to get scans of the metal models and turn them into castable plastic mini's without some major reworking and changes. That will take time, trial and error and lots of funds. And they barely raised 400K out of their KS. Take out wages, shipping costs, designers' and manufacturers' bills, overhead and of course the taxman so that leaves what, about 200/300 dinarii a pop for the scanning, redesigning/reworking, testing/checking and last-minute changes, moldmaking and whatever else comes to mind?
Don't see that happen...  ::)
Leadhead

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #341 on: May 15, 2019, 11:13:11 PM »
I suspect eventual update of :

Good game....lets all play

I suspect eventual update of:

SD has been forced to cease trading due to the unfair and unforeseen actions of "partners" who took exception to our trying to rip them off and defraud them of their rightful licence fees and commissions.

However Confron fans, the good news is that the management team of SD have set up a new trading entity which has been able to obtain the licence for Confrontation from our other shill consulting company its owners and will be relaunching a new version "Ultimate Confrontation" game on Kickstarter next year. State of the art high detail plastic miniatures and amazing new rules.

Cynical, not as far as this bunch of crooks are concerned.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #342 on: June 06, 2019, 02:43:38 AM »
Anyone see the update today? Celebration box minis will now be in metal rather than plastic, for the same price, with no change in shipping costs.

Interesting development, though I am skeptical that the number of miniatures there can be produced and shipped in metal for that price...
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #343 on: June 06, 2019, 03:25:15 AM »
Anyone see the update today? Celebration box minis will now be in metal rather than plastic, for the same price, with no change in shipping costs.

Interesting development, though I am skeptical that the number of miniatures there can be produced and shipped in metal for that price...
I missed it... :o

Daniel Bentley:
Uh... okay... how can I get mine in plastic please? Metal is garbage. Metal has less detail, is too fragile, and uses CA glue which leads to pieces eventually falling off and needing to be reglued. Not to mention I'm not a fan of the excessive weight and top-heaviness of metal.
WTH is this guy talking about?!? How is metal garbage? 

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist
« Reply #344 on: June 06, 2019, 07:03:02 AM »
Hopefully cadwallon.com will offer Rackham models again soon. They may not hold the rights, but they deliver, do great (re)casts and give fans a chance to complete their collection. SD may had the rights...but apparently it seems a lot of people were scammed for a lot of money. A real, real shame...

Have you more informations about Cadwallon ?
Where will they release recast again ?