Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690645
  • Total Topics: 118341
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 58544 times)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2019, 11:58:03 PM »
Doesn't sound very promising...  :'(
Leadhead

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #376 on: December 26, 2019, 01:19:18 AM »
 :o :o :o

I was hoping they'd eventually offer a bits store, so I may acquire spare Flesh Golem parts, and the Mid Nor Hydra at a reasonable price. I recall group orders organized for stateside residents, since shipping from France is expensive compared with the Royal Mail, but I doubt anyone would be willing to pay these guys now!   

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #377 on: December 26, 2019, 02:58:40 AM »
Did they ever deliver on their KS?

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #378 on: December 26, 2019, 03:15:41 AM »
They delivered some resin miniatures. IIRC, They were cast by another party.

Comments mention backers who did and did not receives resins. :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sansdetour/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/comments

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 03:18:04 AM by ced1106 »
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #379 on: December 26, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
Well I never wish for companies to go out of business especially when my own money is on the line (core box backer)... but these guys have been very dishonest and deceitful with all of their communication and business practices. It's a shame. I do hope they will sell the IP to a passionate person who will finally at least put the miniatures back in production. They are too nice to be lost in time... I was never a cheerleader, but I did have high hopes they would come thru... I've backed over a hundred kickstarters and have not had an issue yet... sadly this one was the one I was most passionate about....
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #380 on: December 26, 2019, 06:34:50 PM »
If they really don't deliver you can always go Cadwallon  ;).
I know they don't have the IP but let's be fair, you paid already for it bij backing this SD-thingie...

Offline craigjwoodfield

• Librarian
« Reply #381 on: December 27, 2019, 08:32:21 PM »
This KS had disaster written all over it from Day 1. It was only a question of whether incompetence or malice would derail it.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #382 on: February 04, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »
Seems that discussion has belatedly turned to organising a legal class action against SD for Confrontation "Resurrection".
There is already one registered against them by backers of the "Aventures" RPG pre-order scheme.

Probably way too late.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2020, 08:04:53 AM »
Boy, that Sylvan guy. If someone wants to pay a few hundred dollars to never admit they're wrong, that's not my problem money.

Yslaire : "The project lead, Joss, had previous experience in miniature manufacturing (but was the only one to have some and left SD)"
Joss's resignatation: https://www.reddit.com/r/confrontation/comments/epqamz/confrontation_resurrection_was_ironically_named/

Also, if you're familiar with Mythic Games (Joan of Arc), they're in the middle of a contract dispute with Pascal Bernard, the game designer. Mythic Games purchased Play and Win, including the JoA contract that was written by P&W with PB. Piotr Borowski, manager of the company Sans Détour, was one of the owners of P&W. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2348051/right-reply-pascal-bernards-ip-dispute-author-game/page/2
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:25:36 AM by ced1106 »

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #384 on: February 07, 2020, 10:22:05 AM »
Boy, that Sylvan guy. If someone wants to pay a few hundred dollars to never admit they're wrong, that's not my problem money.

Yeah Sylvain seems to be the only SD cheerleader that hasn't slunk off in disgrace. "There was only one red flag and it was all lies from Board Game Geek!" is the hottest take on events.  ;D

Thing is, because of the shady set up they have, they'll retain the Confrontation rights (through Stellar Licencing) even if they go under so are free to come back with a fake mustache and try again.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #385 on: February 24, 2020, 04:16:25 PM »
Messages have gone out to backers regarding the legal class action complaint against Sans-Detour through the French courts.

From the KS messages:

Hello,

We are a group of CONFRONTATION CLASSIC pledgers.

We are planning to file a collective complaint in France against SANS-DETOUR.

Indeed, the French company SANS-DETOUR does not have any obligation to complete its project. However, if money is being embezzled, then a crime may have been committed.

This crime is called « abus de confiance » (breach of dust). In France, penalties that could apply for this crime are : prison sentence (7 years max) and criminal fine (750.000€ max). The first action to take after becoming a victim of a crime in France is to file a complaint as soon as possible, even if the real perpetrator has not been identified (against X). This step can be achieved by filing a complaint with the french police or the prosecutor of the Republic. Once the complaint is filed, the prosecutor has three months to instruct the police to open an investigation or to dismiss the complaint (for example, if the prosecutor considers that there is no crime).

We must file a complaint with the prosecutor of the Republic together.

If you live outside of France and if you are not French, you may still make a complaint with us because SANS-DETOUR is a French company.

For the moment, we gather and structure all complaints.

If you would like to join us, please contact us at email :

sdcomplaint@outlook.com

More details on the KS comments pages regarding data protection etc, I am not involved in setting this up so cannot give any more detail but would urge anyone with a pledge on this KS to register.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2020, 02:11:17 PM »
I guess it should read "breach of confidence".  ;)
Well, there sure wasn't much confidence in this project to begin with, at least not within Clan McDane & friends. Glad I/we've dodged that one...

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #387 on: August 07, 2020, 12:48:00 AM »
.....and it is over.

As of yesterday Sans Detour are in liquidation, taking over €400k of backers money with them: 

https://www.societe.com/societe/sans-detour-504290206.html

Was inevitable really.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #388 on: August 07, 2020, 07:23:02 AM »
They really managed to drag that out for far longer than expected.

what a shame, for everyone who had dealings with this.

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2020, 08:07:19 PM »
Loads of money blown in the wind and at least one supplier company down, that‘s quite an achievement...
These minis deserve better, hopefully someone else takes them over for a relaunch.
I really like the models- still
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521