Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Civilians?  (Read 5614 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Civilians?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 12:47:23 PM »
If you manage t find a link to the seller can you please post it?
I got some 1:50 scale pre-painted railway figures and they were very poor quality and in very old fashioned clothing.   The ones on that picture look more in keeping with a sci-fi feel.

Cheers

These are the ones that I bought, I am pretty sure they are the same as the Docs...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P50W-100pcs-Model-Trains-1-48-Painted-Figures-O-SCALE/310297105031?hash=item483f261287:g:WpgAAMXQMTlRbOj-

Just add a few blobs of greenstuff here and there for shoulder/knee pads and they should be just fine.
The painting is crap but nothing that a quick once over and a wash would not fix.
 ;)

Offline Maxx Von Morton

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 12:55:33 PM »
How about Colony 87? Soon there should be a new kickstarter (really looking forward!  :-*)

Or, easier to get, the Astropolis range of LAM....

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 05:55:53 AM »
These are the ones that I bought, I am pretty sure they are the same as the Docs...
They don't look too shabby when painted. Was there a pic with those alongside some ca. 28mm gaming minis in anywhere in the thread? I was too lazy to skim it all the way through :?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 08:16:47 AM »
They don't look too shabby when painted. Was there a pic with those alongside some ca. 28mm gaming minis in anywhere in the thread? I was too lazy to skim it all the way through :?

There is at least one with some Judge Dredd miniatures scattered amongst them.
I think it was posted before that picture.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 08:32:24 AM »

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 09:12:19 AM »
Thx!

Looks like they are fairly decent with Dredd figs but IIRC those tend to be on the big side of 28mm. So conceivably they could work with Infinity minis as well. In regards to the related Role Playing Game minis, the ones released in the context of the Modiphius KickStarter were indeed exclusive to the project IIRC. However, Corvus Belli released slightly different versions of [all|most] of those models well in advance of pledgers getting their hands on the project related ones. Here's one example:
https://store.corvusbelli.com/products/yu-jing/280383-0576-dragon-lady-imperial-service-judge

The RPG KS figure doesn't have a parasol or a pig.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:14:01 AM by tnjrp »

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 10:25:24 AM »
Indeed she doesn't, but I actually like her better with. And that cute designer piglet looks fun too (my daughter would absolutely love it lol ).

So maybe I'm going to have to get this version too... ::)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 10:46:32 AM »
I'm assuming at this point that I'll get my Infinity KS figures about a week before the heat death of the universe, so not sure I'll have time to paint them >:(

Copplestone do some civilians. They also do loads of corporate spies who can be converted pretty much by just removing their pistols. Likewise, the Foundry Street Wars range has plenty of conversion opportunities.

Not helpful, but I have a bunch of modern civilians I picked up at some point, but can't remember who made them. There's a woman pushing a buggy, a man in a wheelchair, men and women in business suits etc. They're not the greatest of sculpts, but painted up okay.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 10:59:18 AM »
I'm assuming at this point that I'll get my Infinity KS figures about a week before the heat death of the universe, so not sure I'll have time to paint them >:(

Better contact them; I received mine over a year ago already. And even then I had to ask them why mine hadn't arrived yet. Turns out I apparently had selected to receive my entire pledge in one go, meaning they were holding on to them till all the books and other stuff was complete.

I then paid for the extra postage and I received mine about a week later.

So better check with them to find out what delivery options you chose. To be honest, I found that part of the KS a bit unclear (which is why I made that mistake), but the rest is excellent, even though severely delayed of course.

They are really open in their communication and are sharing work in progress PDF's of the upcoming books to proofread and test on a regular basis. So much in fact, that there were times I wished that they would just go on with it and ship me the books when they're done. .. ::)

But I've not been worried along the way even once. Which has been very different with several other Kickstarters... *cough* Megacon Games *cough* ;)

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »
I contacted them when they were sending the books out and I didn't get mine (end of last year if memory serves). It turns out one of the books I'd ordered is in wave 2 shipping, so, like you, they were holding everything to ship in one lot.

If I was willing to pay p&p for my wave 1 stuff and again for my wave 2 stuff I could have got it. I wasn't in a huge hurry, so opted to wait.

However, given that there's no wave 2 printing date, let alone shipping date, and the updates have been pretty quiet lately, I may ping them again. Paying extra shipping for the minis wouldn't be too bad, it was the thought of paying extra shipping for two sets of books that I objected to.

I'd settle for them just shipping the miniatures and waiting for the books. I only really wanted the minis from the KS but got caught up in the "fever" ::)

Offline forrester

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2018, 07:26:52 AM »
Perhaps more crew than civilians- depends how you paint them-but the Ainsty Castings Valley Forge figures are great. Open handed too.
I used Crooked Dice Daredevils for female equivalents.

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
Hydra Miniatures sells these peeps if you want Space Clothes

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 06:21:24 PM »
Not helpful, but I have a bunch of modern civilians I picked up at some point, but can't remember who made them. There's a woman pushing a buggy, a man in a wheelchair, men and women in business suits etc. They're not the greatest of sculpts, but painted up okay.

These sound like the Superfigs civilians.

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 07:16:59 PM »
These sound like the Superfigs civilians.

yup - that's them :D Thanks for identifying them, and glad they're still about. I must have painted them about a decade ago and thought they'd be long gone by now.

I don't remember buying them from the States, although it was a while ago...