Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:18:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 42 Highlanders at Monmouth Mounted Officer  (Read 630 times)

Offline kingsmt

• Mad Scientist
42 Highlanders at Monmouth Mounted Officer
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:23:04 AM »
It's probably over 2 years since I received these beautifully painted Highlanders from the supremely talented Mr. Giles Allison. I have agonized over how to base them since then and have procrastinated repeatedly, due to my inability to make up my mind as to how to base them. The easiest figures to start with are the mounted officers, and so I did.
Giles painted 3 Highlander Officers for me. One was faced white (71 ST) and the other two were faced blue (42 ND and undecided at this time).

Here we have an officer from the 42 ND Highlanders at Monmouth, directing his men out of the apple orchard and to safety in the woods. The Patriots have flushed the Scots from the orchard and they need to cross a bit of open field, before reaching the nearby woods. Even though he is fully exposed to American gunfire, he calmly directs his subordinate to lead the men to the rallying point.

Figures by Kings Mountain Miniatures.
Painted by the incomparable Giles Allison.
I finally worked up the nerve to base these figures. I worried that I could not live up to the standard of Giles' painting, but I plowed ahead anyway. I'll put pix of the 71 ST in another thread.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 42 Highlanders at Monmouth Mounted Officer
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 12:33:48 PM »
Wow, that is a great command vignette. I'd say your basing is a perfect complement to the fantastic sculpting and painting on that one! I have that mounted officer on my painting table right now.