Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:37:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690474
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heroics & Ros Centurions  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
Re: Heroics & Ros Centurions
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »

When I ordered a bunch of the new Centurion sculpts recently from Heroics & Ros, they very kindly included some examples of their new re-sculpt of the Centurion Mk.1 of 1945, soon to be released.

This first Centurion, with the coaxial 20mm Polsten cannon, never saw action, but it might have if WWII had lasted just a few weeks longer. I've painted one troop in the green and black disruptive camouflage used by the British in the ETO, and with the white star of the Allied forces, as it might have appeared in action in Germany in the closing days of the war. Or as it might have appeared if the Western Allies and the Soviets had come to blows, as they very nearly did in the immediate aftermath of the conflict.

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
Re: Heroics & Ros Centurion Mk.V
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 02:40:03 PM »
I have not — the 1950s-60s is really a sideline for me, I'm really just doing the Centurions because I like centurions, and my main focus is mid-1980s BAOR stuff. However, if I do branch out properly into the earlier period I'll probably have to paint armies for both sides.

you know the DDR and the poles had plenty of T55 in the 80s... and H&R makes lovely T-55AM2...  lol
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com