Forum > Fantasy Adventures

Sellswords & Spellslingers review and battle report

(1/2) > >>

The Bibliophile:
All Together Now: 'Sellswords & Spellslingers' and the Pleasures of Cooperative Gaming

I've always enjoyed a good competitive match as much as the next guy, but regardless of the game, I've always been partial to team play, and the best cooperative games put all of the focus on succeeding as a team. That's one of the reasons I was enthusiastic about getting Andrea Sfiligoi's latest release, Sellswords & Spellslingers (Ganesha Games), on the table for this month's Second Saturday Scrum Club gathering.

There's much to like about Sellswords & Spellslinger, and I go into a fair amount of detail in this blog post, which can be found at the link:

https://miniaturescrum.blogspot.com/2018/04/all-together-now-sellswords.html

In the meantime, here are some photos of our first game, with many more at my blog.

Again, much longer overview and many photos at my blog, Scrum in Miniature:

https://miniaturescrum.blogspot.com/2018/04/all-together-now-sellswords.html

Ethelred the Almost Ready:
Sellswords seems to be getting popular!  Glad you enjoyed the rules.

nic-e:
Looks alot of fun! I was never a fan of the idea of solo gaming but a game i can play by myself or use to trick my D&D group into proper miniature gaming is great!

The Bibliophile:

--- Quote from: nic-e on April 18, 2018, 08:52:22 PM ---Looks alot of fun! I was never a fan of the idea of solo gaming but a game i can play by myself or use to trick my D&D group into proper miniature gaming is great!

--- End quote ---

Agreed...not a solo gamer much myself, but fun cooperative miniatures games are a rarity, and this one fits the bill.

nic-e:

--- Quote from: The Bibliophile on April 19, 2018, 12:48:55 AM ---Agreed...not a solo gamer much myself, but fun cooperative miniatures games are a rarity, and this one fits the bill.

--- End quote ---

Well my group love heroquest , to the point tha we will often ditch our long running campaigns in favour of a night of heroquest. But if i can convince them to apply that same co-op slash and hack attitude to this, I may finally swing them round to actually playing with scenery and miniatures! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version