Forum > SuperHero Adventures

SMF Character Creator 'Repository' - NOW OPEN, drop by and upload a hero or two

(1/4) > >>

fergal:
I'm going to create a page where you can search all the characters that have been created before.  Enter a name and it will pull up all the character sheets with that name and display them, that sort of thing.

There used to be an AWESOME site for SuperSystem that had great builds of most of the known heroes, and it was wonderful, especially when you were just starting out. 

My question to the group is, is there a way to recreate this with my SMF Char Creator site?  Is there a way to come to a consensus as to which ones should be posted?  One of the downsides of the ease of use of the site is that many of the characters created are just folks fooling around and there is a high number of low effort builds.

This is the beginning of a conversation, any ideas on a way to sort through the high quality builds and display them somewhere?

Happy to make it happen the char creator site, just need to know how to find them....

fourcolorfigs:
Going through the builds would be a bit of a slog, but I agree that it would be cool to find the best ones.

Not sure how except through brute force analysis.

Ultravanillasmurf:
You could give an option for the person creating the character to "publish" them for review, and then a review process.

fergal:

--- Quote from: Ultravanillasmurf on April 30, 2018, 08:40:23 AM ---
You could give an option for the person creating the character to "publish" them for review, and then a review process.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure that I could make it so the reviewers got an email with the image attached if this happened.  If I can make this work, we can get some volunteers (including myself obviously).  I can collect the ones submitted for review, have the reviewers get an email on Friday with all those to review.  I can even black list certain characters once they have a solid build or two in the repository?  Could be a fun thing to build and a lot of learning involved. 

fourcolorfigs:
I like this idea, and I would pitch in!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version