Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Boxer Rebellion  (Read 4246 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Boxer Rebellion
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 06:29:20 PM »
I like your Tartar Wall and the pic with the barricaded French is very atmospheric.
Nice table setup. What rules did you use?
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 08:57:19 PM »
DintheDin, in this particular game we used an adjusted ‘The Men Who Would Be King.’ In the past, I used a home variant of Tim Wright’s convention rules, ‘Sand and Blood.’

FifteensAway, when we constructed the ramps for the Tatar Wall we decided a landing would be an ideal place for desperate hand-to-hand combat. Not to mention that was how it was in the movie.  :) We went back and forth on the inclusion of the Chen Mien Gate or a facsimile thereof, but based on other games of Peking we’d played over the decades decided against including it. A 25mm Gate would have been fun to build and probably an impressive visual but it would have added nothing to game play and quite possibly could have impeded some of the great battles we’ve had on the Tatar Wall. I’m following your project as you post and it looks like it will be amazing. The new OG 15mm Legations are beautiful. I hope you have as much fun as we have.
Hail to the King, baby.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 08:58:00 PM »
Great stuff  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 09:14:23 PM »
Pics showing French Marines defending a Legation and street barricades defended by Austrian sailors and U.S. Marines with a Colt machine gun.

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 09:30:58 PM »
I apologize for the pics being skewed. I thought I had it all figured out but obviously I don’t. Sorry.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 09:39:11 PM »
Best to rotate them before uploading them to your host.

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 10:16:42 PM »
I used the attachment method, picking photos from my iPad’s photo library. Photos that were originally portrait. I thought the ones that were getting turned sideways were the ones that were originally landscape. It’s heck to be electronically lliterate.

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 10:44:48 PM »
Photos posted okay - but two of them needed to be rotated before posting.

I see five legations, maybe, if the one on the top right of the first photo is the French one.  Looks like the Germans got left out.  I certainly understand the challenges as I work to prepare a much larger game in 15 mm using the wonderful Blue Moon buildings (mostly).  See my own thread on the topic under Colonial topic.

Any chance of getting a better photo of the Tartar Wall?  The top looks good but I'd love to see more.  That is a piece I will be scratch building and include the water gate and, maybe, one or two other gates though one in a 'destroyed' state since it was burned right before the siege began, the Chien Men Gate. (I think)

And, yes, looks good.

Pssst!  I got buildings! (opens mink coat, revealing 15m buildings, gold chains and watches)

THATS why they call me "Lenny the Looter"

Made enough buildings to fill a 5x10 table.  Never finished the project. 
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 10:50:10 PM »
Smokey, you’re a scratch building wizard! They’re terrific! What about those Aliens-style buildings you promised pictures of?  :D

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 10:55:43 PM »
Trying one more time. This photo appears “right side up” before I hit post. I’ll see what happens when it actually posts.

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »
I give up. >:(

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 11:03:51 PM »
Perhaps you can trick it into complying by trying to post them sideways.

Great pics, anyway, even if they do give us all cricked necks.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 07:24:49 AM »
I used the attachment method, picking photos from my iPad’s photo library. Photos that were originally portrait. I thought the ones that were getting turned sideways were the ones that were originally landscape. It’s heck to be electronically lliterate.

It's a bit of a pain but you will need to edit/rotate them in you pad library first then they should upload here fine.

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 02:16:03 PM »
Guys , I,ve had the same problem on this forum for a long time with pics rotating and skewed . I also upload from the I pad . Rotating them on your I pad will not work . I post to my club and other forums and the problem only occurs on this one , I,m guessing it has something to do with the server . 🤪 It can be very frustrating but it doesn’t detract from my enjoyment of the pics , 😁 , so I hope you,ll keep posting and if anybody can find a solution I,ll be the first to buy them a ( virtual) pint .